canand

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3DS

ninpow.jpg

- published by Atari

- developed by n-Space

- view coasters in 3D

- touchscreen controls

- built from the ground up with all-new assets exclusive to 3DS

- several coaster design options including suspended, hydraulic, wooden, steel and inverted

- other rides such as monorails, prebuilt kiddie rides, carousels and county fair-style attractions

- give parks themes such as haunted house and others

- handle ride construction and park maintenance

- hire and manage staff

- this includes janitors, mechanics and more

- multiple modes such as Coaster Creator and Sandbox

- built-in tutorials

- Coaster Story mode teaches you how to do everything through a series of scenarios and tutorials

- in-game adviser will hep identify in-part objectives and show players their progress

- due out in March

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=view...671671e9765aa1

Yessssss!

If it's any good this would be an instant buy for me. =D

Freaking love(d) Rollercoaster 1 and 2!

Like I said in the news comments thread, this combines my favourite-ever strategy series and my favourite-ever handheld.

I have to echo what others are saying in that I hope it's like RCT 1 or 2. I just can't tell you what those two games meant to me on PC.

Is Chris Sawyer in any way involved with the development of this game?

This game has so much potential on the 3DS, but I just can't help thinking it'll disappoint. Lets hope the developers are big fans of the original.

I cant believe its comeing out is this the big game what is geting announce at Nintendo 3DS Press Confrence on September 13th?

I cant believe its comeing out is this the big game what is geting announce at Nintendo 3DS Press Confrence on September 13th?

No...

It'll be a bigger title than this, mind you... for some this is obviously a 'big' title for some even though it's essentially a part-remake but having said that it is widely regarded as a classic game on the PC so this coming out for the 3DS can only be a good thing. :)

No...

It'll be a bigger title than this, mind you... for some this is obviously a 'big' title for some even though it's essentially a part-remake but having said that it is widely regarded as a classic game on the PC so this coming out for the 3DS can only be a good thing. :)

Yeah it is big for me I wonder if this well sell the 3DS I hope so.

I like how half of those bullet points mentioned are standard Rollercoaster Tycoon features, I can hire and manage my staff this time?! WOW, oh wait... they already let you do that.

I'm hoping it'll be good, but like Mandalore I'm not getting my hopes up.

N-Space said I expect Atari will talk a lot about it in the coming months. Stay tuned on twitter

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3DS is not a port. All new game based on the classic PC titles, but made ground-up for 3DS

It does look as though they're trying to simulate the isometric look of the original. It doesn't look as good, but at least there does seem to be some sort of acknowledgement there.

One thing I've just noticed that bothers me is that there is no track banking on that looping coaster. Imagine having unbanked turns with OTSRs - ouch!

What I want to stress is that the original RollerCoaster Tycoon was a labour of love, that's why it was so brillliant. Without that keen desire to recreate real amusement parks (British ones, too, in RCT1) and roller coasters, this 3DS version may end up missing out the small details, and thus be unrealistic.

It does look as though they're trying to simulate the isometric look of the original. It doesn't look as good, but at least there does seem to be some sort of acknowledgement there.

One thing I've just noticed that bothers me is that there is no track banking on that looping coaster. Imagine having unbanked turns with OTSRs - ouch!

What I want to stress is that the original RollerCoaster Tycoon was a labour of love, that's why it was so brillliant. Without that keen desire to recreate real amusement parks (British ones, too, in RCT1) and roller coasters, this 3DS version may end up missing out the small details, and thus be unrealistic.

yeah but its still too eley to tell there from a magazine

played the crap out of RCT3 might pick this up if its any good

Everyone knows RCT1&2 shit all over RCT3. :smile:

I still play RC1 all the time and love it for me its the original and the best...any new franchise is a must buy.

The Atari and n-Space joint should only see a two-month delay.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D appears to be set for a May 22 release, according to various retailers, including Amazon.

Earlier this week, we reported that the game was on hold, as it was previously set for a March 2012 release. While we haven't gotten an official word from Atari yet, this retailer release date does add up to the previous news of a delay.

n-Space confirmed on Facebook yesterday that the game is complete, so the delay to May was an Atari decision. Additionally, the game is approved for release by Nintendo of America. It is still waiting for approval from Europe.

Source http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29296

Images here http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media/27618/1

Edited by canand

Definitely buying this no matter when it's released (well, as long as it gets its approval from NoE, though I don't see why it wouldn't)! :U

Yeah I can't wait aswell and thanks Retro_Link for posting the images for me.

Edited by canand

Everyone knows RCT1&2 shit all over RCT3. :smile:

Troo dat.

What I always wanted from my games was to be able to create my own specifically themed areas - Monster Mayhem, Magic Kingdom, Sodomy Falls etc. and ride the rollercoasters.

Theme Park World let me ride the coasters and that was great, but the rest of experience was just uninspiring. Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 just lacked so much of the fun element.