NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

The Stanley parable

The list is too cryptic, but there are only 6 endings to the original mod. Like I said, go down the elevator, than take the red door for one, and the blue door for the other.

OHHHHH ok thanks :)

Done those two were actually the most interesting I think. Now ready to play the new super version.

Edited by flameboy

@Sméagol be interested to know how you are getting on with this. So far I've found 10 unique endings (well 9 definite endings one that I think is an endless loop, so wandered off and got another ending from it.) along with one ending that had many more possibilities before it....just not sure how each binary each choice could have been.

@Sméagol be interested to know how you are getting on with this. So far I've found 10 unique endings (well 9 definite endings one that I think is an endless loop, so wandered off and got another ending from it.) along with one ending that had many more possibilities before it....just not sure how each binary each choice could have been.

I played the hell out of it when I first got it. I’ve seen most of the stuff, some of the newer stuff with the help of the Steam forums though. There’s a very handy chart that can be found there somewhere.

The thing is not all things are easily identifiable as an ending (because some explicitly restart, where others just don’t end, and you have to restart yourself). I believe the community counts 19, and then there are various minor stuff that you can enjoy, like the telephone calls, and the closet room.

Then there’s stuff that remains a mystery.. People still don’t know if there actually a way to continue the confusion ending, personally I think probably not. There are hints however, that it’s possible, but I think they’re just part of it, once again the game designer is messing with our minds. There’s also the “unachievable” achievement, some people have gotten it, but they don't know how. The method is unknown and seems to change with each patch.. Luckily, I’m not that bothered with achievements.

For some endings I wish there was a definitive ending to it, or an alternative way to end it, like the zending. As far as I know there is only one way to end it.

To help you on your way, one ending you’ve probably missed, and one ending you’ve surely missed: try closing the door as soon as you start. The one you’ve surely missed is the baby game ending.. Yes, there is an actual ending to it. You’re better off watching it on Youtube, as someone already went through all that trouble..

I played the hell out of it when I first got it. I’ve seen most of the stuff, some of the newer stuff with the help of the Steam forums though. There’s a very handy chart that can be found there somewhere.

The thing is not all things are easily identifiable as an ending (because some explicitly restart, where others just don’t end, and you have to restart yourself). I believe the community counts 19, and then there are various minor stuff that you can enjoy, like the telephone calls, and the closet room.

Then there’s stuff that remains a mystery.. People still don’t know if there actually a way to continue the confusion ending, personally I think probably not. There are hints however, that it’s possible, but I think they’re just part of it, once again the game designer is messing with our minds. There’s also the “unachievable” achievement, some people have gotten it, but they don't know how. The method is unknown and seems to change with each patch.. Luckily, I’m not that bothered with achievements.

For some endings I wish there was a definitive ending to it, or an alternative way to end it, like the zending. As far as I know there is only one way to end it.

To help you on your way, one ending you’ve probably missed, and one ending you’ve surely missed: try closing the door as soon as you start. The one you’ve surely missed is the baby game ending.. Yes, there is an actual ending to it. You’re better off watching it on Youtube, as someone already went through all that trouble..

The baby game ending? So you mean hit mashing the button endlessly?! I let the baby and gave up.

I can see how the events around that with the numbers for rating the experience can give a number of possible endings. I knew closing the door was an ending even though I haven't done it myself. It was in the source mod.

I definitely like how fleshed out things are so many of the endings have been changed for the better. I love how do ridiculous things can lead to an ending...like throwing yourself off the crane lift onto the warehouse floor. I was curious about the confusion ending thing surely there has to be a way to do it....

It is hard to track your right though I've had one ending where endlessly watching something and everytime I went to leave the narrator asked me to stay. So I classed that as an ending even though it wasn't and leaving lead me on a merry goose chase.

I've ended up making some notes so I know where potential variables exist as some are quite a way into an answer.

Edited by flameboy

Well, the chart is there somewhere, if you want to see all the (known) endings. I could try to list them from the top of my head, there’s at least one ending (well, 2, both the same but different outcomes) I’m sure you’ve missed.. I missed that one myself.

As for the baby game ending.. No, I mean, the narrator asks you to play it for 4 hours. There actually is an ending to it.. After 4 hours.

Well, the chart is there somewhere, if you want to see all the (known) endings. I could try to list them from the top of my head, there’s at least one ending (well, 2, both the same but different outcomes) I’m sure you’ve missed.. I missed that one myself.

As for the baby game ending.. No, I mean, the narrator asks you to play it for 4 hours. There actually is an ending to it.. After 4 hours.

ah yes ok.

I'm gonna use my own chart to check a couple of theories before I refer to the communities!

Totally forgot about this achievement..

I'll probably replay this soon. Although.. Dark Souls. Hmm.

And another, more significant update for this 8 year old thread!

I was totally unaware of this, but there's a new update (to the same game yes) coming! And it's coming to consoles..

Man, I hope this comes out on Switch. Probably my favourite game of last generation that wasn't on a Nintendo console.

I saw the credits roll on my third playthrough and I was floored that what I did actually was taken into account!

Thanks for bumping the thread out of nowhere. That made me think it had been released. :blank:

I'm not sure my computer will run this new version.. May not be able to play it at launch. Sure am going to try though!

12 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I'm not sure my computer will run this new version.. May not be able to play it at launch. Sure am going to try though!

Well, there are console versions for the big three coming out if all else fails.

Really looking forward to the nonsense hiding in this version!

Holy Necrobump Stanley! I didn’t even know that we had a TSP thread!

Checks OP date… this game is over a decade old now!?!? Oh God I’m so old!!

For the run up to this game's long overdue release. The developers have given us a sneak peek behind the creation of Ultra Deluxe with the Helpful Development Showcase!

The first of three blog posts that will no doubt make you a master of game development!

Ultra Deluxe is out now. Been playing it non-stop for the past 8 hours. It's brill!

I'm not going to go into details, because it's far too soon. But I have found 8 endings that defo weren't in the original game. And I'm almost certain of where I can find at least 8 more.

They weren't kidding when they said there's more then double the dialogue of the 2013 release!

EDIT: Launch Trailer.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just going to give a new line that made me spew Fanta out of my mouth without any context.

Spoiler

"Yes" she thought to herself, "My life kicks ass!" And then she backflipped all the way to work.

Playing this game over breakfast might have been a mistake. The context, absurdity, and delivery was just too much!

Edited by Glen-i

So... yeah, Ultra Deluxe is brill!

The new content is pretty darn substantial, well worth picking up UD even if you've already played through the original.  When they said that there's more than double the dialogue of the original version, they weren't joking!

Everything involving...

Spoiler

The Reassurance Bucket

... is an absolute howler! :laughing:

Also, be reassured that the Switch version is excellent.  Full 1080p/60FPS, with only some minor framerate dips in certain places; even has some Switch specific dialogue in certain places! :D

Edited by Dcubed

I bought it on Steam on day 1, with a significant discount (33% off for owners of the original), but as expected, it doesn't run.

Maybe I'll get it for Switch, but probably not, or only after I get all my controllers fixed. But I think I'll wait for news on a physical release before double dipping.

Sign in to follow this