NEurope
Retro_Link

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure

rhythmphantomralph.jpgrhythmphantomdog.jpg

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16146

News: Sega Announces 3DS Rhythm Game

Prepare to get down with Rhythm Phantom Thief R: Inheritance of the Emperor Napoleon.

Sega has announced a brand new 3DS title that looks set to become the game with the longest title available for the console: Rhythm Phantom Thief R: Inheritance of the Emperor Napoleon. The game is set to combine adventure with the rhythm genre in a rather unique way.

In the game players take on the role of Rhythm Phantom Thief R as you travel through Paris with your dog Fondue. While stealing famous art work from places such as The Louvre or Notre-Dame you must effectively escape by pressing buttons in rhythm, as well as using the gyroscope.

More details are expected in the upcoming issue of Famitsu, due out later in the week, but early reports suggest the game is 50% complete and will feature an anime style similar to the Lupin film series and Professor Layton.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16153

News: More Info on Rhythm Phantom Thief R

The Japanese publication Famitsu has published some screenshots from the title and Andriasang has translated the information for English audiences. According to the report the rhythm gameplay will change dependant upon the situation.

For instance when escaping from the police players must press 'A' to jump and 'B' to slide, while when facing off against a mysterious knight group you must press left on the d-pad to attack the left enemy and 'A' to attack the right one. The screenshots also show some rather glitzy looking dancing scenes from the game although it is unclear how these fit into the gameplay.

18-year old Ralph is known throughout the city by his alter ego, Phantom Thief R. He steals items from throughout the city, accompanied by his trusty dog Fondue, and returns them three years later. He hopes to steal an artefact from the Louvre as he believes it will help him find his father. The story begins three years earlier when Napoleon's coffin is stolen, before forwarding to Ralph as an 18 year old, so there is a good chance Ralph's father's disappearance has something to do with that.

cG2K8sO254V75GowH8v5R55N7Vzul1QR.jpg

IIShBW2K66z7L8hSc6QNrxG9Oiw439he.jpg

zhRC1i7er8iNvKUKMP6ghs2NXl1PXUX5.jpg

POY3762xuc63TUPo68i94bfC612dFUJy.jpg

Definately one to watch!

Edited by Grazza

Definately one to watch!

It sure is :hehe: The screens give off an Elite Beat Agents and Ghost Trick vibe, two of the very best games on DS..

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16178

Media: Rhythm Phantom Thief R Screenshots

The newest batch of screenshots also show off that dance scene but in addition to this the game's anime cut scenes, escape scenes and even what looks like an attack is shown. Rhythm Phantom Thief R is set to mix adventure with the rhythm genre and these new screenshots give an insight into these various elements.

16266587.jpg

2.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

This is quickly become one of my most anticapted games... I hope it's good!

Gameplay:

Edited by Retro_Link

New name for Europe

13.jpg

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16186

News: English Rhythm Phantom Thief R Details

Sega unveils a brand new name for Rhythm Phantom Thief R: Inheritance of the Emperor Napoleon and a rough release window in Europe.

The upcoming rhythm adventure title Rhythm Phantom Thief R: Inheritance of the Emperor Napoleon from Sega is quickly gaining a lot of interest. Now Sega has announced the English name for the title and states it will be out in early 2012.

North American and European gamers can look forward to picking up Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure, which is less of a mouthful than the original Japanese name, and play as Raphael, who has had a small name change from the original Ralph, as he hunts down the Wristlet of Tiamat and uncover the secrets behind his father's mysterious disappearance.

The title is set to mix adventure with rhythm as gamers must tap the screen, console's buttons and move the console to the beat. Sega also promises that Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure will utilise the 3DS StreetPass communication system, although details about how it will utilise StreetPass is currently unknown. Speaking of the title Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing at SEGA Europe and SEGA of America, said the following:

“Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure blends rhythm, puzzles and a compelling story set in one of the world’s most exciting cities in a way that has never been seen before. This unique blend makes creative use of the Nintendo 3DS’ technology, offering an engaging, challenging and most importantly fun experience throughout.”

..looks like it's just us, Retro :indeed:

I saw that gameplay video a few days ago and wasn't exactly blown away by it but the game seems to have a certain style that could really work on the system.

The DS was as it's best when it gave us the type of games that weren't really available or even possible on other platforms and this looks like it could be in that sort of bracket for the 3DS :smile:

I prefer the original name, though..

..looks like it's just us, Retro :indeed:
Yep! :p

Ah well, I'm looking forward to it anyway... or at least seeing how it turns out!

That gameplay video doesn't really give anything away other than a the fact there's some rhythm based dance sections... be good to see a proper trailer to see how all the other gameplay types play together and what we can expect from the final game.

I'm playing through Professor Layton Pandora Box at the moment... and will probably get Lost Future soon... and those games have peaked my interest in this because it offers something different again. Hopefully it will have a great story to go along with it.

This is looking really good so far. A proper trailer would be nice, but I'm pretty sure i'm going to get this game regardless of how it turns out.

This game excites me for some reason.

Combine this with Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and you have a bunch of trippy rhythm gaming on 3DS.

Edited by Derrick

I prefer the original name, though..

I don't. Do you know how much of a hassle a name like Rhythm Phantom Thief R: Inheritance of the Emperor Napoleon is when reporting on it frequently? Could never remember the damn thing :heh:

Over 5 mins of gameplay... *gameplay spoilers obviously*

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16498

Sega's Rhythm Thief is quickly becoming a hotly anticipated game and after showing us some screens and footage over the last few months they have now treated fans to over five minutes of gameplay in one video.

The new video shows off different elements of Rhythm Thief and gives an impression of how the dancing will be incorporated into the action elements of the game; from running away from police on rooftops to defeat mysterious enemies. The gameplay seems to be similar to Rhythm Paradise on the DS from what can be seen but judge for yourself by viewing the video below.

Edited by Retro_Link

Got a couple more gameplay vids for you guys, don't click the links if you don't want to be spoiled:

Edited by f00had

Release Date: 5th April 2012. although that's on a Thursday, so I'm guessing this actually going to come out on the next day (Friday.)

"The production levels of Rhythm Thief are fantastic, possibly even surpassing those of the Professor Layton games. The soundtrack is great, the stunning, fully 3D anime-style cutscenes are crisp and it's clear that everything in this game has been assembled with a great deal of care and attention. We reckon this might just be the first great cult 3DS game of 2012."

The rest of ONM's Preview: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/35992/rhythm-thief-preview/

Really looking forward to it! Might have to sell a game or two to make money for this (hmm potentially looking at you Mario), I've been a fan of it from the start, the cutscenes look fantastic and hopefully there's enough variety in the gameplay story 'mini-games' throughout! Bring it on! :D

I really want his game on release day, but with it being a Sega game, it will no doubt be at a discount price within a few weeks after release.

Can't stop playing the demo, love it. 'Spot on' as the game would say!

ShopTo finally added the game to their website today aswell, so it's pre-ordered with some PayPal funds.

I'm downloading the demo now.. can't wait to try it out :hehe: I will wait for a price cut, though, regardless of how great it may end up being..

EDIT Played it and can kinda already tell that I'm gonna love it :bouncy:

Edited by nekunando

Just played through the demo. I'm definitely liking the look/sound of the game. :)

And then of course, there's this:

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

God damn it, SEGA! :mad:

So yeah, looks like I'll definitely be getting this game. But not sure if I'll pick it up right away though, it's a little bit too close to Kid Icarus for my liking. :hmm:

I also noticed on the demo that hitting every beat perfect doesn't count for anything in this game, you still just get an A Rank... and that's a bit disappointing. :sad:

Just downloaded it, what a game. Can't wait for this now!

Shame about the rankings Red, elite beat agents had a great system... Surely there must be some equivalent and it wouldn't be so easy...

Why are people acting like the release date is breaking news - we knew about it (I did, anyways) weeks ago! :I

Anyways, the demo is absolutely amazing, as is to be expected from what looks like it'll most definitely be GOTY 2012 (on my list, anyways - it's either this or Animal Crossing 3DS so far, if we're even going to get the latter this year...)! The voice acting sounds great, too.

Edited by FireMeowth