NEurope
lostmario

My Retro Consoles Collection

Do you have to pull the SNES out to get games in/out or is there just enough room to leave it there?

Just enough room to get the cartridges in & out.

That is a really nice collection you have there. You've even got the Gameboy player for gamecube. Did you get them from carboot sales?

That is a really nice collection you have there. You've even got the Gameboy player for gamecube. Did you get them from carboot sales?

Everything apart from the following was bought at carboot sales

- Dreamcast

- N64

- Gameboy Player

- NES

I bought the black Gamecube at a carboot to replace my purple one.

Everything apart from the following was bought at carboot sales

- Dreamcast

- N64

- Gameboy Player

- NES

I bought the black Gamecube at a carboot to replace my purple one.

Oh yeah Black looks a lot better than purple. I love carboot sales.

about £100 for the system

got all the games for it for £50 as a bundle too :)

Seems a bit cheap, was that a few years ago?

about £100 for the system

got all the games for it for £50 as a bundle too :)

Were hookers and backs of dodgy trucks involved? Cause that's one hell of a deal! :o

About 5 years ago , some if the games are still sealed with it too :)

F zero expansion is awesome and sim city is fun ,

I also picked up the virtual boy and games for£100 back then .

About 5 years ago , some if the games are still sealed with it too :)

F zero expansion is awesome and sim city is fun ,

I also picked up the virtual boy and games for£100 back then .

From a car boot or ebay?

Reorganised my Retro console setup

SN853022_zps54fe7429.jpg

Sadly no room for the Playstation 1

Edited by lostmario

You're Black Gamecube changed to Silver?

This reminds me I need to look for that NES cart pin connector replacement see if I can fix mine

You're Black Gamecube changed to Silver?

Black GC is in loft with the purple GC, picked up a silver one at a car boot.

That looks so smart @lostmario Really does. I have the consoles, but they're all on a rather small tv stand, think it'd look a lot better on a stand like yours.

Reorganised once again - new additional unit so consoles are more spread out and new CRT TV (other one packed in). Also, finally found space for the PS1.

SN853115_zps3496f782.jpg

and just added an additional shelf to another unit so I can display all these...

SN853113_zps546b2138.jpg

Reorganised once again - new additional unit so consoles are more spread out and new CRT TV (other one packed in). Also, finally found space for the PS1.

SN853115_zps3496f782.jpg

and just added an additional shelf to another unit so I can display all these...

SN853113_zps546b2138.jpg

MMMMMMM love it. Cannot wait till we move out and I can try and sort out something similar.

I'm noticing a lack of Ecco and Shenmue for the Dreamcast in you life. This gives me a sad. Also do you have Toy Commander?

MMMMMMM love it. Cannot wait till we move out and I can try and sort out something similar.

Same here. I swear it's pretty much the only reason I do want to move out!

I've got so much gaming shit I want to have on display. Currently my consoles all sit in a big wooden chest thing. They need to be free!

I'm noticing a lack of Ecco and Shenmue for the Dreamcast in you life. This gives me a sad. Also do you have Toy Commander?

Toy Commander is awesome. I've got it somewhere. Really should play it again.

Shenmue 1 & 2 were sold when I was selling all my old games before I started my retro console project.. Sold a lot of my gamecube, N64 and dreamcast collection.

Any rare game was sold to help pay for house improvements.

Got Toy Racer, think Game was giving it away if you bought a dreamcast magazine.

Same here. I swear it's pretty much the only reason I do want to move out!

I've got so much gaming shit I want to have on display. Currently my consoles all sit in a big wooden chest thing. They need to be free!

I currently have stuff all over the place. My Wii is currently being stored inside my Xbox One box lol. Sad thing is I'm not sure when we move out later this year I will have room for a man cave may have to wait till "own place 2.0"

This is amazing.

It's not the biggest collection in the world, and the rarest game he has tops out at around $600, a far cry from the thousands of dollars some rare games are reported to be worth. So what makes his collection so special?

It's all about the aesthetics, dude. Norton's 5,200-game collection is meticulously alphabetized and displayed so everyone can enjoy it in all its spectacular glory.

"I suppose I’d have to consider myself a Nintendo fanboy. I grew up in the 1980s. Nintendo and Mario was everywhere, there was no escaping it," Norton recalled. "From Sunday morning cartoons, cereal, underwear, bed sheets and lunch boxes. Nintendo makes fantastic games and has enduring franchises. It is without a doubt my favorite company."

"I’ve acquired a ton of games, but I don’t feel like I’ve spent a ton. Most people don’t realize that many of these classic games can be found for $1 - $4 each," he dished. "It’s all about finding the right deal at the right time. Hunting out your local area. Finding extras games for cheap and trading online. To me collecting has become a fun game in and of itself."

"I’d say I have most of the rare games for most systems," he went on to say. "To be honest it may be easier to mention the hard-to-find games I don’t have. For the NES I own a complete licensed set, except for the very hard-to-find Stadium Events. My Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and Gamecube sets are complete as well, except for the two mail-order Super Nintendo competition carts. I also own a complete set for Virtual Boy, Sega Game Gear and Sega 32x. I’m working on finishing up my Sega Master System, Game Boy and Game Boy Color sets."

CKFtIbn.jpg

DwgYMMJ.jpg

h9z2BBL.jpg

4EWcdQ2.jpg

lJcU35W.jpg

nDFukTH.jpg

VDgChWs.jpg