NEurope
lostmario

My Retro Consoles Collection

Over the last 18 months I've been building up my collection of retro consoles, buying the ones I unfortunately had to sell as a kid to be able to afford the newest console available and also ones I never owned, at local car boots.

SN852334-1.jpg

SN852338.jpg

Top shelf:

Master System 2 - Bought for £2 at a car boot last month

Originally had a Master System (it was my first ever console), was sold it to buy some Megadrive / SNES games.

Megadrive 2 (Bought for £3 at a car boot last year)

Originally had a Japanese Megadrive & Mega CD, sold both to get a Playstation at launch.

Super Nintendo (Bought for £3 at a car boot 2 weeks ago)

Originally had an US SNES, was sold to get a US N64 at launch.

Middle Shelf

Sega Saturn (Bought for £1.50 at a car boot 2 months ago)

Never owned one of these before as I chose to get the Playstation instead.

Nintendo 64 (Bought 1997 for £30 unboxed)

My brother bought a US N64 at launch as mentioned above, I purchased this not long after Goldeneye was released as the price was too tempting and it would save me having to use the converter all the time.

Bottom Shelf

Sega Dreamcast (Bought 2000 for £99)

Bought this with MSR, I was blown away. Such an underrated console

Nintendo Gamecube - Black (Bought last year for £4 at a car boot) - Purple (Bought at launch)

Purple one is in the loft boxed, I use the black one as it looks better with the Gameboy Player.

Sony Playstation 2 - Slim (Bought 2 months ago for £7 at a car boot)

Brother got one at launch, passed it onto me once he got a 360, sold it for £4 once I got the Slim version to replace it.

Not pictured

Sony Playstation

Still looking for

Nintendo Entertainment System

Sega Mega CD

I love that setup. I imagine there's a fuckton of cables at the back of that storage unit, though. :laughing:

Also, you win at life for displaying Super Mario Bros. 3 on the telly. Also, you win again for having Resident Evi Zero just out of shot in the bottom left hand corner. :grin:

Carboot sales really are the way to go for getting this stuff cheap. That's a good deal for that Sega Saturn...I've never had one, but kinda want it for collection purposes.

I love that setup. I imagine there's a fuckton of cables at the back of that storage unit, though. :laughing:

Also, you win at life for displaying Super Mario Bros. 3 on the telly. Also, you win again for having Resident Evi Zero just out of shot in the bottom left hand corner. :grin:

Carboot sales really are the way to go for getting this stuff cheap. That's a good deal for that Sega Saturn...I've never had one, but kinda want it for collection purposes.

Thanks and yes, there are loads of wires at the back.

Picked up Resident Evil Zero for £1, 2 weeks ago at a... you guessed it.. car boot.

That's really good...it's actually pretty easy to build up a retro collection in no time. As you've seen yourself. When I was younger, I used to get a lot of megadrive and SNES games at car boot sales. A few quid here and there.

Are you collecting peripherals as well, like the Nintendo Scope?

Are you collecting peripherals as well, like the Nintendo Scope?

The only peripherals I'd like to get would be the Sega Menacer & the Nintendo Super Scope.

Is that my old copy of Mario All-Stars I see? :)

It is indeed, I was having a go of all the games you sent me and thought I'd take a photo. :grin:

Looks good dude, really nice setup.

Carboot sales are brilliant :D

I really want to set my consoles up like this, but the girlfriend isn't to keen on that idea. Once we move to a bigger place next year, I get one of the spare rooms. It is going to be awesome.

I've got..

Master System 1

Saturn

Dreamcast

NES

SNES

N64

Cube

Playstation1

Playstation2

Xbox

all tucked away in my parents house. What i'd give to have them setup like yours along with this generations consoles :)

I need to pick me up a £3 mega-drive! I still miss mine which I sold around the time the N64 came out.

Aren't you planning to go any further back? Eg, Commodore, Atari.

I need to pick me up a £3 mega-drive! I still miss mine which I sold around the time the N64 came out.

Aren't you planning to go any further back? Eg, Commodore, Atari.

I had a Spectrum 48K & Amiga 600, don't plan on getting those.

Awesome console collection, always good to see some old consoles getting much needed use :)

I personally have 7 consoles hooked up to my big hd tv and 6 hooked up to my old vhs combi. The cables are a nightmare but it's well worth it!

And on second look I just noticed that you have the same tv stand as I have my old tv on, awesome little stand. :p

Nice set up,any thoughts on obtaining older systems such as the Atari 2600 or Coleco?

Yeah, get a Coleco and help old Gil out... ;) (0.37)

Nice collection. I really want at some point to have a nice set of shelves with it all under the tv with my n64, megadrive, n64, PS1, Dreamcast underneath it, wanna re pick up a SNES at somepoint and a gamecube.

I'm building a little collection myself now :) Do you have any kind of switcher for scart/RF to save swapping cables about all the time?

I was thinking of getting something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Scart-Switch-AV-100S-Silver/dp/B0000AHOQP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315997474&sr=8-1

I had one of these when I lived with my parents...

PS2-Multi-Scart-Adapter.gif

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/172089/Speed-Link-SL-4008-Multi-Scart-Adapter/Product.html?_%24ja=tsid:11518|cat:172089|prd:172089

Plug em in and play :)

With those reviews, how can I refuse? :heh:

I'll post a photo of the one I have.

Its a bit more advanced and user friendly than the one Murr posted.

Been reorganising my retro consoles setup this morning to fit in the NES I won on Ebay.

SN852631.jpg

SN852632.jpg

New Setup

SN852650.jpg

For those wondering, with all those consoles, where does he put all the controllers?

SN852647.jpg

Thats my next job, to sort out this mess.

That's quite a tidy NES you got your hands on. Most of the time the boxes are smashed it pieces. How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

That's quite a tidy NES you got your hands on. Most of the time the boxes are smashed it pieces. How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

£40 (£25 + £15 P&P)

Box is in excellent condition, has all the instruction booklets, posters etc, all mint condition.

In the condition its in, its only going to increase in value.

I'd been looking for one for years at car boots with no luck.

£40 (£25 + £15 P&P)

Box is in excellent condition, has all the instruction booklets, posters etc, all mint condition.

In the condition its in, its only going to increase in value.

I'd been looking for one for years at car boots with no luck.

That's a great price. Most boxed NES consoles go for around £80 on ebay.

I've been toying with getting one myself. I LOVED the NES when I was a kid and thought I would be able to play all of my childhood classics on the VC when the Wii was announced. Sadly that wasn't the case as many of my childhood favourites, such as Duck Tales, Little Nemo and Totally Rad never appeared.

That controller drawer area is making me cry. :o

I've recently brought my N64 and SNES back from home to my current house. It's tough finding the space for all this stuff, like controllers. I'm trying my best to get some sort of system going, but it's tough.

Also, that picture of your consoles set up makes me marvel at how small the SNES is compared to the NES. Love the SNES. :)

Everyone that posts pics in this thread will undoubtedly die by controller cord strangulation or the inevitable housefire started because of the amount of plug socket extensions plugged into each other.

Make it quick though, so I can come steal all your consoles :heh:

That controller drawer area is making me cry. :o

Hopefully now it won't

SN852660.jpg

SN852659.jpg

SN852658.jpg

Do you have to pull the SNES out to get games in/out or is there just enough room to leave it there?