NEurope

Hi Shorty,

I wrote to Ashley yesterday concerning this issue, but then I noticed there is a suggestions board, so I've come here to float this issue to you as well:

-----------------------------------------

You may be aware that we have built a significant Black Ops (and soon MW3) following on the forums. The idea of having an N-E clan was something that myself and Kav82 came up with after both of us played a lot of COD:MWR after we'd finished up on Monster Hunter Tri.

Since then the N-E clan has really taken off. Besides the regulars, myself, Kav, Ben, Lostmario and Welshgamer there are around another 15 people who play with us to different degrees of regularity.

We have also attracted quite a few new forum members to the site simply because of our Black Ops exploits. New members include Aerielix, Nightmare, Bomberman, SJWBond and J.A.C.K to name a few!

The N-E clan has become popular and has even been listed on the official Black Ops forum as one to be 'feared'. We take the game pretty seriously and play almost every night.

We were wondering if you would allow us to promote the clan on the main page through a link and a graphic. It would help us and also help the site.

We could then enter the site and the clan into the top 100 COD clans which would attract traffic and help attract new members to the forum.

We could also provide you text and pictures (sometimes vids) for the main news giving updates of what we've done and posting scores etc from big clan matches.

We feel this would add an extra dimension to the site and involve the growing user base of FPS palyers who play on the Wii. We all have headsets and are really trying to build a community that will carry on growing.

I hope you'll agree this would be a good idea, as this is a Nintendo site, yet as of yet it doesn't push to involve people in the growing online community that exists on the Wii!

-----------------------------------------

As an added bit to this, I spoke to everyone about this last night on COD and several said it should be a split section to include Monster Hunter as well as COD because MH3 has a massive following and has also attracted a lot of people to the forums.

Also, this isn't just my idea, it was actually something that Lostmario and Kav have thought about too. We want to promote the site and get more people involved in the community through online gaming on the Wii.

Every COD game on the Wii has sold over 1 million copies and there's over 20,000 people playing COD every night (UK time). We've come across many UK and several European clans. We'd love for N-E to be the hub of discussion and game arranging for the UK and Europe.

Ashley is the suitable authoritah on the content of the main site, but it definitely sounds like a good idea to me :)

Re: Zechs Merquise.

Just to add, I think that sounds like an excellent idea. I'd gladly help with any GFX you guys need.

Good idea Zechs (and Lost and Kav), I guess Ash would have the final say on it so just wait see what he thinks. I don't know where we could stick a Link AND Graphic on the mainsite.... maybe a link under the "Forum" link in the left table under Community.

Or as we do sometimes on slow news days when we put up a small "Site News" article telling readers to check out the forum we could also mention the N-E Clan with a link to the online boards.

As an added bit to this, I spoke to everyone about this last night on COD and several said it should be a split section to include Monster Hunter as well as COD because MH3 has a massive following and has also attracted a lot of people to the forums.

I especially like that idea, haha. For me the whole "N-E Clan" stuff really started on Monster Hunter 3 where it is the "N-E Brotherhood", haha (I prefer Brotherhood to Clan :D, sounds more personal). A Brotherhood that mainly consists now of just me, Redshell and Flinky :(.... you guys better come back to the hunt when we get a MH 3DS and/or MH4 :mad:

The N-E clan has become popular and has even been listed on the official Black Ops forum as one to be 'feared'. We take the game pretty seriously and play almost every night.

Really? Link please :D

EDIT:

Oh and Zechs... where be my MH/MW3 sig?

Ashley is the suitable authoritah on the content of the main site, but it definitely sounds like a good idea to me :)

Re: Zechs Merquise.

Just to add, I think that sounds like an excellent idea. I'd gladly help with any GFX you guys need.

That would be awesome. I had a crack at doing some signatures for myself and the other Black Ops players - they are for the forthcoming MW3. But you and Eddage do some amazing graphics and I'd love to see what you come up with, I absolutely love your work.

Good idea Zechs (and Lost and Kav), I guess Ash would have the final say on it so just wait see what he thinks. I don't know where we could stick a Link AND Graphic on the mainsite.... maybe a link under the "Forum" link in the left table under Community.

Or as we do sometimes on slow news days when we put up a small "Site News" article telling readers to check out the forum we could also mention the N-E Clan with a link to the online boards.

I especially like that idea, haha. For me the whole "N-E Clan" stuff really started on Monster Hunter 3 where it is the "N-E Brotherhood", haha (I prefer Brotherhood to Clan :D, sounds more personal). A Brotherhood that mainly consists now of just me, Redshell and Flinky :(.... you guys better come back to the hunt when we get a MH 3DS and/or MH4 :mad:

Really? Link please :D

EDIT:

Oh and Zechs... where be my MH/MW3 sig?

When we launched it it could go as a big link on the middle column like where the review graphics go, it could regularly feature on slow news days etc. And other featured news items could be added when we announce tournaments etc.

I was thinking a permanent link next to the forums saying N-E Clan, that would lead to a section that detailed all our activities - the main two being Black Ops (MW3 soon) and MH3 as those are the main games that we are active on and all have headset or Wii Speak.

I'm sure we can all work it out one way or another.

The best feature to me would be being able to enter the site into the Black Ops top 100 and the same if there is something for MH3, we could really get more trafic for the site and make sure we're known as the premier online Nintendo teams.

Oh, and I've just finished your avatar and sig :)

I haven't had a chance to read your PM (or Mokong's which I assume is similar) and only glanced but I will get back to you tomorrow. Been busy the last few days (and tonight) but I have two days with very little planned. Sorry for the delay!

Right I'm back!

Sounds good to me. In terms of site presence I'm not sure how I feel about having something permanently stuck with our current design as it kind of reads like we don't have new content. I'm sure we could incorporate it into headers and such but as they're designed by our graphics team I'll have to let them know to introduce it in the future. And the stretchy scheme Shorty I see the entries have their own css classes so that'd be up to him to sort out or send to me to do (but I imagine it will only take a minute).

But by all means if yourself and Fresh want to sort out some graphics what I can do for now is put a mini and a news story about it and link to the relevant place. Maybe if Fresh also whips up a small banner (500 x 150 or something along those lines) I can put that at the bottom of all news posts that would be relevant (i.e. ones to do with COD or similar games) that links back.

I'll have a think about other ways to incorporate it but for now if we get the graphics done then we can move from there :)

Some sort of one-shot feature with an amusing story of the creation on the clan might be an idea. I'd read it anyway :D

And I love the idea of a weekly reporton how you're doing sort of thing, if you were entering tournaments or running them on the forum for example. Sounds great!

That sounds great!

What we were thinking is N-E Clan which would go next to FORUMS on the header, so it wouldn't be intrusive.

That would take you to a introductory mpage, which would list the most played games and would be updated infrequently as new titles came out.

That would link to the relevant forum disucssions on each game, which would then get people active in the forums.

We'd want a big news story to launch it, which we would submit and promote on the likes of N4G and Gamefaqs to get news coverage and recognition amongst the relevant communities.

Then on a weekly basis we'd submit reports, tournament rules and info on the big gaming nights so people could join in with us.

I'll write the introduction to it on Monday!

As you can see, I've already provided out ten most regular players on the forum with custom avatars and sigs all revolving around the NE CLan and the forthcoming MW3 (which I renamed MWiii). If you could possibly use the NE clan logo I made for those sigs that would be awesome, as then I wouldn't have to change everyone's sig and I think it looks pretty cool anyway ;)

Also, the logo, with the N and the E merged, is basically only green coloured for MW3, as that's the relevant colour. I'm sure Eddage and Fresh are more than capable of spicing it up with different colours and a different look for Black Ops and MH3!

Proposed text is below, proposed artwork to follow tommorrow. Please note, I'm not going to do the final artwork, just give you guys some ideas!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

N-E Online Gaming

N-Europe has one of the most active online Nintendo gaming communities. Playing a variety of games on the Wii, 3DS and DS online meetings of the group take place on a daily basis with much larger regular events held on specified dates.

Read on to find out about the history of the N-E Online Gaming community and how you can get involved with one of the most active online Nintendo communities in the world.

Notable Games

The N-E Online Gaming community plays a variety of titles over a variety of platforms. From Mario Kart to Monster Hunter there’s something for everyone. The games that are most regularly played are as follows:

Call of Duty: Black Ops

N-E CLAN

The N-E Clan on Call of Duty was the brain child of several forum members who had formerly played together on Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex. With the addition of the Headbanger Headset allowing for voice chat and the removal of the cumbersome friend codes the clan could now communicate with one another.

This new level of interaction allowed the clan to be able to coordinate their movements and sharpened up their whole game. The N-E Clan plays Black Ops almost every night and has a regular meet every Friday for ‘Friday Night Gaming’.

The clan coordinates their games through our forums and all use [N-E] tags in front of their names – which for the most part are their forum names.

Since they have begun playing as a clan, N-E has had numerous clan wars with other clans. The N-E Clan has a very impressive win/loss ratio making them one of the best Wii Clans on Black Ops. They are always looking for new recruits and for the opportunity to arrange proper matches and tournaments with other clans.

This November with Modern Warfare 3 coming to the Wii, the N-E Clan will all be transferring over and will be active from day one on MW3.

Monster Hunter Tri

N-E BROTHERHOOD

The N-E Brotherhood was formed by several long time N-Europe forum members who all purchased Monster Hunter Tri on day of release. With many wanting to get in on the action but not quite knowing what to expect from the Monster Hunter franchise, N-Europe forum regulars banded together to help one another.

Over the next weeks and months the N-E Brotherhood went from quietly collecting mushrooms and rounding up Kelbi to slaying the largest and fiercest of monsters.

As the Brotherhood leveled up each player developed their own unique style, weapons and amours – all helping one another to obtain the unique carves they needed to finish their prized equipment. As time went by and the Brotherhood moved on to the advanced quests they often took time out to help those fresh to the hunt find their feet.

Since then, the Brotherhood has grown considerably and are always looking for new members and are always willing to help those unfamiliar with Monster Hunter to get to grips with it.

The History of the N-E Online Gaming Community

N-Europe has always had a good online gaming community. Dating back to titles such as Mario Kart Wii and Medal of Honour Heroes 2, different groups of players have organised themselves through the forums to play online together.

Mario Kart leagues were arranged on a weekly basis which at their height had two leagues with nearly 24 active players in total. Other gamers played Medal of Honour Heroes 2 and then Call of Duty: World at War. Whilst these two games never quite drew the crowds Mario Kart did, those who played them certainly put in a good number of hours.

When The Conduit came out in 2009 the N-E Online Gaming community got their first taste of voice chat on the Wii. Weekly tournaments took place. These were somewhat dogged by 20 minute matches featuring rocket launchers. These matches illustrated just how voice chat can soon become over burdened with language more commonly found at a performance of Roy Chubby Brown.

The N-E Online Gaming community really came together with the release of Monster Hunter on the Wii. This brought together a large number of players all who had to work together. Over months of intense hunting friendships were formed that are still firmly in place today. With hunts taking up to 45 minutes at a time and voice chat being active, people really got to know one another.

At the same time FPS enthusiasts were getting their fill of action on COD:MWR. The N-E Online Gaming community was dominating in both tactical and TDM matches. This is where several of the Monster Hunter regulars began playing with several of the WAW veterans.

With Black Ops on the horizon and the prospect of a game with both voice chat through a headset and the absence of friend codes everyone was excited. Both COD veterans and Monster Hunter regulars all agreed to get in on the action and the N-E Clan was born.

With [N-E] tags before their names, COD gaming became a nightly occurrence. What’s more, as the N-E Clan dominated, many new members joined the forum and began playing with us. Over time the clan grew from just a handful of players to nearly 20 members.

The N-E Online Gaming community is still growing and looking forward to new online experiences on the Wii, 3DS, DS and next year the WiiU.

Had a brief glance and all looks fine. Will point Fresh in this direction in case he's forgotten (but he's probably just busy rather than forgetful). Thinking if you can do weekly things (taking your word for it but if there's enough for a weekly column all the better) then we can post it on the site over the weekend? Initially I want to say Sundays (because they tend to be news quiet) but maybe Saturday and that way people can see it and join in that weekend.

Mokong you're the video dude. Do you have any direct capture devices so you can get some footage of you guys playing?

Can't you just get the Wii to record the game and upload it directly to Youtube?

Oh wait, that's all other consoles :D

I can't help myself :(

Can't you just get the Wii to record the game and upload it directly to Youtube?

Oh wait, that's all other consoles :D

I can't help myself :(

all other consoles?

I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY IT ON AN ATARI!!!

Mokong you're the video dude. Do you have any direct capture devices so you can get some footage of you guys playing?

I wish, I don't have any capture software/hardware to record what I play.

I used to have a set up where I played the Wii through a DVD recorder, recorded to a disc then ripped the DVD, but since I upgraded to BluRay no longer have that :heh:

EDIT:

I think RedShell might have some capture software stuff... he might be able to get some MH vids.... don't know if any of the Black Ops guys can get something though?

My backup plan was to ask NintenDaanNC (youtube user) if he'd be willing to help as that's his 'thing'.

Actually Zechs I meant to mention about the logo, I know you've used that for the Uber Awesome sigs you've done up for the COD players but just a thought...

Is there anyway you can add the hyphen into it?

Afterall this is "N-E" and that is how the clan tag is too.

The Hyphen (in my view) is very important when initiallising the site name. Just as important as the actual letters :wink:

Hi, I'm Fused King.

And as the last official

N-EUROPE MARIO KART LEAGUE CHAMPION

I thoroughly endorse this clan :D

When there's an online game I'll be picking up, I will most certainly put [N-E] in my nickname!

I think RedShell might have some capture software stuff... he might be able to get some MH vids....
Afraid not, Mokong. All of the vids I've done were just filmed off the TV screen. :hmm:

My backup plan was to ask NintenDaanNC (youtube user) if he'd be willing to help as that's his 'thing'.
Yeah, go to backup plan. :grin:

He does great quality vids though, so that would be cool if you could get him to help.

*EDIT*

Just remembered... Flamekid can capture vids, could ask him too.

Edited by RedShell

Shame there isn't one for the 360, I'd have totally been up for that. :(

Try and start one when MW3 comes out :) but, as you can appreciate, it won't get a place on the main site :heh:

Try and start one when MW3 comes out :) but, as you can appreciate, it won't get a place on the main site :heh:

I'll call it "The NN-E Clan". (The NotNintendo-Europe Clan)

I jest. I'll come up with another name.

But yeah, I can see why you wouldn't. I didn't want to make it owt serious but something for the other people who don't have Wiis that go online or don't like Wii online gameplay. I remember trying to play it once and just didn't like it. I don't like the friend code thing either, it's too much. :(

But still, good luck to N-E Wii Clan! :D

But yeah, I can see why you wouldn't. I didn't want to make it owt serious but something for the other people who don't have Wiis that go online or don't like Wii online gameplay. I remember trying to play it once and just didn't like it. I don't like the friend code thing either, it's too much. :(

But still, good luck to N-E Wii Clan! :D

Good thing there are no friend codes in either Black Ops or Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii so... and likely won't be in COD:MW3 either :wink: