NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

I've been bitten by the Xeno bug, can can anyone recommend a good therapist? :cry:

Q. You know the skill tree? I'm not confident I've got a grasp of it. I've set learnt skills but I've just selected all I can with the coins I have to spend and what's available... no real idea of if I'm doing it right - is this what everyone else does?

Put about 20 hours in so far but completed and absolute shed load of side quests. Just entered the Stolen March area.

The skills shown as known on the skill tree are awlays active for the character they belong too, regardless of which type you select - the type though does have an additional beneft such as upping a stat by x amount whilst it's selected - highlight the top box to see the effect.

The setting with coins allows other party members to use skills that belong to other characters. You can chop and chance them at will and teh better the affection between two characters, the more slots they have for sharing skills.

Beyond the three branches you see right now, each character can unlock two more, giving five in total. Right now, you probably don't have enough to skills, or high enough affection levels, to be concerned with being overly tactical about things. If you can, have Reyn get his AP up skill and link as many people to that as possible - Shulk should be able to link to it right away. That will allow you to level up moves quicker. So I often tend to link people to exp up skills to reduce the grind on leveling/fighing in the beginning. There are some really good skills that come at the end but you're a long way from them.

The skills shown as known on the skill tree are awlays active for the character they belong too, regardless of which type you select - the type though does have an additional beneft such as upping a stat by x amount whilst it's selected - highlight the top box to see the effect.

The setting with coins allows other party members to use skills that belong to other characters. You can chop and chance them at will and teh better the affection between two characters, the more slots they have for sharing skills.

Beyond the three branches you see right now, each character can unlock two more, giving five in total. Right now, you probably don't have enough to skills, or high enough affection levels, to be concerned with being overly tactical about things. If you can, have Reyn get his AP up skill and link as many people to that as possible - Shulk should be able to link to it right away. That will allow you to level up moves quicker. So I often tend to link people to exp up skills to reduce the grind on leveling/fighing in the beginning. There are some really good skills that come at the end but you're a long way from them.

Nice tip, thanks. I can't believe how vast the game is, I'm still a bit overwhelmed by it all. Feels like it will go on forever. Last night I seemed to spent about a straight hour just sorting out the 'housekeeping' in menus before I even moved.

Just in the Nopon tree at the moment - what an area, I'd like to buy a flat there ;)

Nice tip, thanks. I can't believe how vast the game is, I'm still a bit overwhelmed by it all. Feels like it will go on forever. Last night I seemed to spent about a straight hour just sorting out the 'housekeeping' in menus before I even moved.

Just in the Nopon tree at the moment - what an area, I'd like to buy a flat there ;)

Because the game is so generous in what it gives you, you quickly come to the realization that hording is a distinct possiblity and that you are rarely using the best equipment you have. Also, the becuse of the gem system, it's not always entirely clear when a piece of armour is actually better than what you're wearing. I can only assume the tier system is reflected in their sale price but I still frequently find myself using bits the game suggests aren't worth as much.

The tree is nice but it's a royal pain when you have nopon quest givers to return to and you haven't a clue who they are or where they are.

Because the game is so generous in what it gives you, you quickly come to the realization that hording is a distinct possiblity and that you are rarely using the best equipment you have. Also, the becuse of the gem system, it's not always entirely clear when a piece of armour is actually better than what you're wearing. I can only assume the tier system is reflected in their sale price but I still frequently find myself using bits the game suggests aren't worth as much.

The tree is nice but it's a royal pain when you have nopon quest givers to return to and you haven't a clue who they are or where they are.

I bring up the details menu when selecting weapons (+ button) and compare their raw stats and then roughly work out any bonuses if there's gem slots on'em.

Aye, I'm finding the March and Jungle type areas a royal pain in the arse to navigate, just so many off shots. Played about 5 hours worth today and I must drag myself away but Colony 6 needs rebuilding so it's suddenly turned into Sim City... oh well, that's another 5 hours down the pan :hmm:

Finished my NewGame+ playthrough last night, the ending is still very epic, love it...yet so sad at the same time that the journey with those characters is over :cry:

Would love it if they came up with a good way to do a sequel just so A: we can see all those characters again in a new story and B: so that battle system can be used again (if any other dev used that battle system in a game it would be wrong...Monolith should copyright it)

With any luck Shulk might make it as a playable character in the next Smash Bros. and the other characters could be trophy items or something

Monolith should copyright the combat system they pretty much stole wholesale from MMORPGs? :p

I meant more of its use of the way you choose moves/arts with the battle pallet while your character auto attacks, lack of items & potions and the cooldown system for the arts rather than basing it on Mana or MP or something else usage. (unless I'm wrong in which case I stand corrected but I've not played or seen another game with a system like it). Not the basics of get a tank, a healer and a fighter.

The Last Story pales in comparison to this game. Xenoblade is my favourite RPG of all time and only matched by Ocarina of time for my top game honour.

A little update:

After about a year and 3 months we've finally arrived at Mechonis Field.

We're nearing the 90 hours.

I miss this game at times, easily the best game on Wii.

This game was awesome, best on the Wii, not quite!

I miss this game at times, easily the best game on Wii.

Couldn't agree more. Without a doubt the best game on the Wii. Don't mind that noise above. :grin:

It was definitely one of the best but not the best.

So what's better? Mario Galaxy 1/2? Mention anything else and this discussion is over.

So what's better? Mario Galaxy 1/2? Mention anything else and this discussion is over.

Well yeah, both Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. I'd say Skyward Sword too but I know it didn't sit well with some people so I'll not say it, even though it's a true gem!

I have to say though, Xenoblade is a true masterpiece too! I put in over 100 hours to the game and loved every second of it!

Can't wait to play it through again on the WiiU!

Edited by Kav

Sigh, ....oh you children.

Little King's Story is the best game on the Wii hands down.

I'm throwing in for best game on Wii, if not best of the gen for me(albeit feeling like a last gen game). I can't bring myself to finish it though, I don't want it to be over - and I'm worried what the end story will be. SS was pitiful compared to this.

Ending is really quite good actually. For me this was the best Wii game, it was really good. I didn't think much of most Wii games though.

Nowhere near the greatness of Skyward Sword.

8252389397_9be6f02035.jpg

Please don't tarnish this thread with that stain.

8252389397_9be6f02035.jpg

Please don't tarnish this thread with that stain.

tumblr_lj7dwcgxuw1qb5ex7.jpg

As for the topic, Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best games of this generation along of many other titles, most of them made by Nintendo. Lost Odyssey is one of the few competitors to appear on different console.

Had 118 great gameplay hours with Xenoblade Chronicles, and I will play it again. Maybe even do a let's play.

I'm quite looking forward to playing this through again on the WiiU and seeing how it looks upscaled. It's a beautiful game as it is!

I'm making more of a concerted effort to put time aside to play this game. Played a fair bit over the last few nights. Still, I'm not very far at all. :grin:

I've just met Riki at the Frontier Village in the forest. That whole area is beautiful. I'm taking some time out to do some quests, I've just helped out with the rebuilding of Colony 6. (doing that bridge-defeating-enemies-quest

The music in this game is beautiful, it adds so much. I can't believe how big it is. I reach an area and think "ah, so this will probably be the biggest/most beautiful part of the game" and then another ones comes. Each area looks fantastic. 10/10 game for me.

I'm making more of a concerted effort to put time aside to play this game. Played a fair bit over the last few nights. Still, I'm not very far at all. :grin:

I've just met Riki at the Frontier Village in the forest. That whole area is beautiful. I'm taking some time out to do some quests, I've just helped out with the rebuilding of Colony 6. (doing that bridge-defeating-enemies-quest

The music in this game is beautiful, it adds so much. I can't believe how big it is. I reach an area and think "ah, so this will probably be the biggest/most beautiful part of the game" and then another ones comes. Each area looks fantastic. 10/10 game for me.

Great to hear you're enjoying this. Just wait till you reach the next area(s) ;) That's when the game REALLY get epic!