NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

I've pumped a few more hours into this:

God damn, that battle against the Mechons as they invaded the Colony was awesome. Can't believe Fiora got killed! Shulk's NOOOOOO was pretty amazing.

I love how seamless the world is. I demonstrated to Ine by jumping from the place where you get the cells, jumping from there into the water below and then swimming back close to the colony. No loading times, it's like one expansive section.

Loved being able to use the Monado. Feels cool as hell.

I've pumped a few more hours into this:

God damn, that battle against the Mechons as they invaded the Colony was awesome. Can't believe Fiora got killed! Shulk's NOOOOOO was pretty amazing.

I love how seamless the world is. I demonstrated to Ine by jumping from the place where you get the cells, jumping from there into the water below and then swimming back close to the colony. No loading times, it's like one expansive section.

Loved being able to use the Monado. Feels cool as hell.

You are back there damn you are way behind!

For bumping this thread I wanted to myself. I am past the whole Empire Queen saga and am now in some snowy region looking for Fiora etc.

I just wanted to say this may be up there with any Zelda game I have ever played even though I haven't completed it. Do any other members agree?

If so should Nintendo buy out the devs and make this a 1st party franchise. Cause its great!

Edited by Haden

Haden, you should probably do a proper spoiler warning on that instead of just writing "thanks," so Flink doesn't click on it thinking it's safe. :heh:

I don't really want Nintendo to turn this into a franchise and think that some games should just be allowed to stand on their own without getting sequel after sequel, but I also know I'd totally buy a sequel if they ever made one.

Haden, you should probably do a proper spoiler warning on that instead of just writing "thanks," so Flink doesn't click on it thinking it's safe. :heh:

Too late...

Too late...

Don't worry Flinky it's all lies

Anyway in regards to your own Spoiler haha I was waiting for you to get to that bit.....

That Mechon attack is so awesome and almost feels like an end of game scenario but it happens in like the first 1% of the game :D Ah yeah Fiora who you think was gonna be a main character ends up dying so suddenly. Even after seeing Shulks visions you still think he's gonna save her. Great early twist to catch the player off gaurd I thought.

And yeah the scale of maps that they are able to load into this and allow you to jump from as you described the top of the cave down to the colony with no loading is amazing. Really makes MH3 look tiny doesn't it, haha.

Have you gone back to the English voices yeah?

Have you gone an explored around Colony 9 yet.... like down into the water and to the left...there's some....erm...."interesting" creatures down there :D

How you doing on the side quests too?

Looking forward to seeing your reaction when you reach the next section on the otherside of the cave, it's one of the most beautiful areas in a game ever I think and really puts some of the maps on Monster Hunter 3 to shame :D

You know when I finish with Project Zero 2 I may just give this a 2nd play through.... might even start from scratch and ignore my new game+ :D

Too late...

Damn man sorry I edited it asap!

Still you have ages to go till there and loads of twists and turns hell I am only half way through I think.

I have this game sitting here gathering dust. I'm fully aware how good this game is supposed to be. I look at it like a fine wine but once it's consumed, it's gone. But then again with interest in this thread renewed maybe I should play it now so I'll have people to discuss it with.

The story doesn't support a sequel, but I hope they can resuse the battle mechanics in another game. It's easily the best RPG fighting system I've ever played.

I decided to play Xenoblade yesterday evening at around 9. I've played 7hours. I can tell already this game is going to be a classic. I am still in colony 9 playing as Shulk. You know where Reyn leaves Shulk at the start of the town and I'm supposed to go where the Monado is and where Dickson is? After that you take the role of some girl. I reset before that point and so have gone exploring instead. I'm up at level 12 and have earned and a little over 15000 in cash. Really loving the game, would have played longer but needed sleep. The area is huge and I've expanded the map right out and seen some colossal beasts and even small who kill me with 1 blow. I want to build up Shulk first before I get other party members but is level 12 enough?

I'm using a junk sword, very weak. I have a carbon driver that is much, much stronger but I can't equip it. Do I need to progress the story before I can do so? I can change other armour no problem.

Edited by Wii

You should be fine I just rushed off and started the quest tbh I then did have to grind a bit when I met the 2nd boss but you should be ok as you have a headstart.

The beauty of this game is you can take it at your own pace.

I have a question which isn't really spoilerific, can I only craft gems in Colony 9? I thought I would be able to craft them in various places on my travels but I will have to go back home to do it I guess?

All party members gain experience at the same pace whether you use them or not, so there's really no reason to grind just to make Shulk stronger. There'll be plenty of time to explore once you have a full party of three characters (and plenty of reasons to return).

I have a question which isn't really spoilerific, can I only craft gems in Colony 9? I thought I would be able to craft them in various places on my travels but I will have to go back home to do it I guess?

You'll eventually get a sidequest from the gem crafting guy that gives you a portable gem crafting machine, but don't expect it to happen any time soon.

:heh:

Edit: Actually, you're pretty far into the game, aren't you? According to the Xenoblade Chronicles wiki, you need to have upgraded all of Colony 6's levels to 1 to be able to finish the sidequest, so if it hasn't triggered yet, that may be the problem?

Edited by Magnus

I'm using a junk sword, very weak. I have a carbon driver that is much, much stronger but I can't equip it. Do I need to progress the story before I can do so? I can change other armour no problem.

Progress a bit and you'll get a new weapon for Shulk. He's special and can only use certain swords where as other characters you'll get lots of weapons to choose from

My copy of Xenoblade has finally arrived!

Finally indeed, looking forward to hear (read) your impressions of it when you get some good playtime in.

Speaking of which... @Fierce_LiNk how things go for you?

Finally indeed, looking forward to hear (read) your impressions of it when you get some good playtime in.

I've already warned Kav, I'll be hunting you both down if this is shit! There's been too much build up and anticipation now lol!

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one just getting started on this. I have just got to the same place as Fierce_Link was on the top of this page. Was really surprised at the plot twist there! Had some trouble with the boss as well, not being able to pull of the chain attack - it seems that it's random when you are able to press B.

Currently I'm level 12 and just about to head out. Been gathering side quests. I was glad to find that you don't have to return to the one giving you the quest once you've found the right items.

BTW, I am constantly whsitling the "Gerudo Valley"-theme from Zelda: OoT after I've begun playing this. Is the overworld theme in Colony 9 anything like that, or is it just me?

Edited by MindFreak

I've had a bit of a busy week, so haven't played any more of this. Will have time today though to plough some hours into it. :D

I'll just spoiler tag my whole message for I like to talk freely:

So I'm going through this with a friend and, despite not seeing eachother very often, I must say that when we do come together we put some good time into it and pick up the story/character pretty quickly. The other day we pumped about 10 hours into it and the amazingness just kept coming.

We're currently at level 43 or so and we've been roaming around Elyth Sea after having done a bit of story with the High Entia. This area is just downright incredible, and, before we called it a day, we swam around the edges of the entire sea, which made for some awesome sights.

We have this feeling that some serious shit is about to go down with these god-like folk and the mechons and what not. The whole atmosphere is foreboding.

I must comment on Riki too, because FUCK . . . him in the tiger outfit is just the cutest thing ever! and one of the funniest things ever is him walking around with a giant steel skull on his back :laughing:

We both hope that we'll come across more cuter outfits for him :)

We also like the fact that you get XP for discovering new areas, which made the big tree of the Nopon somewhat of an instant level up when you moved upwards:yay:

A couple of dissapointing points:

- The quests are more or less all the same, which gets quite boring at times. However, the journey you have to make to complete quests is pretty worthwhile, because it makes one feel the vastness of the world.

- Something I find quite, ....unsatisfying is that the natural thing to do is go for the strongest gear to put on, which just has you in an endless game of upgrade, upgrade and upgrade to newer gear. I would've liked it if you could sort of pimp weaker gear a bit more or if you got a bonus if you wore a set or something like that.

I don't know, it just feels a bit pointless. You move from area to area, grow stronger and you buy appropriate gear for that, not really the gear you want.

That's why we've given some characters a bit weaker gear in favour of their appearance.

- A minor thing: I'd have liked there to be more races which would join your party.

And that's why it's the best game ever :laughing:

Edited by Fused King

I kept Riki in his tiger pajamas the entire game because I thought he looked so adorable in them. That seemed more important than better stats.

Love this game, it's a beast. Shows up other games for the pieces of shit they are. Rhythm Paradise Wii, I'm looking at you. Simply awful. Wouldn't even spit on it. Only complaint is Riki, he's a retard! Really annoying voice. That's the stage I'm at, just after getting him.

Edited by Wii

Love this game, it's a beast. Shows up other games for the pieces of shit they are. Rhythm Heaven I'm looking at you. Simply awful. Wouldn't even spit on it. Only complaint is Riki, he's a retard! Really annoying voice. That's the stage I'm at, just after getting him.

Your opinion of him will change. At first I didn't like him and found him annoying but after a while, you'll love him! Riki is great!

Your opinion of him will change. At first I didn't like him and found him annoying but after a while, you'll love him! Riki is great!

Ya, I just got him so we'll see. One thing that won't change is my opinion on his voice. Very irritating. I find I don't really use the other characters really, I just stick to Shulk, Ryen and Sharla. Use Dunban sometimes.

On the beer this evening so I should stay away from the game. I take my gem crafting very seriously and try to craft the best possible. Craft with weak affinity characters to get high level cylinders and craft them together with high level affinity.. Tonnes of resetting. MEGA-HEAT x 2.

I've put a few more hours into this and am on my way to save JuJu. Loving the game, it's really addictive. The music is just heaven. Puts the music in Skyward Sword to shame.

The music is just heaven. Puts the music in Skyward Sword to shame.

Not just the music. :D I didn't even finish this game and it was still a better experience than Skyward Sword.