NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

Swim to the city? Did you not use the teleporters on the floating islands?
After I'd spent ages swimming in the sea, yeah. :heh:

I recall getting kind of lost when I first arrived in that location, it took me quite a while to even discover the floating reefs. :blush:

discover a secret area, which is very high up and it lets you view the entire area from up in the sky...
Cool, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that. :smile:

30 hours in and I hadn't even started? And people had beef with FFXIII's 10 hour start?!

:D

From what I hear, we're talking about an 10 hour run-along-corridors start vs. a 30 hours of do-as-you-wish start.

After the High Enthia capital, you'll start approaching the story's core. As of now, you'll be thinking the story is about taking revenge on robots who killed Shulk's (wannabe girl)friend. :heh:

Since @dazzybee is being such an incredible bell end and not buying Xenoblade or Last Story, can we all tag him in the threads. If we spam his inbox he'll get annoyed and have no option but to buy this and Last Story.

@dazzybee

I can't believe you're not getting this. It disturbs me that you're passing up such a game, it's an absolute gem!

Shame on you!

SHAME!

*removes @dazzybee from the "Cool list" of N-E Members*

You know what to do to get back on it....

Haha, can I say that it is on my list to buy, eventually. But I have so many Wii games and 3DS games to play through I'm trying wipe out my backlog and then save the wiis death throws to get my body ready for the wii u.

I'm making a feature film over the next 4 months and time is something I have little of... So many classic games still to play in my collection - little kings story, no more heroes 2, kirbys epic yarn, rayman origins and LOTS of others!

If I saw either cheap I'd pick them up; tried getting that insane bargain for £10 with the red classic pro!

Got some new custom T-Shirts from my cousin who just came back from the Philippines. One for Skyward Sword and one for Xenoblade

Here's the Xeno one, remember these are airbrushed onto the shirts by hand with some quality work indeed.

Front

SV200259.jpg

Back

SV200260.jpg

Edited by Mokong

Hehe, well mine ain't for sale.... find your own Filipino friend from Manila who might know where to get these made :wink:

Cool T-Shirt, Mokong. :) Your collection of those custom Tees must be getting pretty large now. :hehe:

I still haven't finished this game! :heh:

Played a bit yesterday and made a little more progress, but yeah... Kid Icarus has now arrived, and that means it's time to put Xenoblade back on hold... again. :laughing:

Ever wondered what GT would say about Xenoblade...?

Story: 8.8 (GREAT)

Design: 9.7

Gameplay: 9.3

Presentation: 8.7

Overall: 9.3

Seriously anyone who doesn't play this game is missing out on such an epic game it is a crime not to be playing it...

yes I'm talking to you @Zechs Merquise

Seriously anyone who doesn't play this game is missing out on such an epic game it is a crime not to be playing it...

yes I'm talking to you @Zechs Merquise

Well, as MW3 has turned out to be a complete load of shite, I'm getting this to fill up my gaming time!

Well, as MW3 has turned out to be a complete load of shite, I'm getting this to fill up my gaming time!

Finally he has seen the light :bowdown:

I'll await your first thoughts when you finally play the game

So I ordered this today will hope to play it when I get back from hols next week. What is in store?

I really enjoy exploration type games such as Wind Waker and Skyrim, I also enjoy tactical stuff like advance wars what is this game like?

Its exploration level is 99. The best exploration I've ever experienced in a video game.

Tactical is not the first word that comes to mind when describing the combat, but it's certainly quite a deep and intricate system, so strategy can play a big role. Remember you can always change who you play as - it really does shake the feel of the game up.

Finally he has seen the light :bowdown:

I'll await your first thoughts when you finally play the game

Well, it does look good, I was mainly put off by the 80 hours as I thought we'd all be playing MW3, but last night's fiasco lasted 2 games before everyone quit, it was just unplayable.

I like your T-shirt, but it does give the effect your back is wet - almost as if you're coated in a film of sweat.

Ah that's just the shine of the light through the window, there's a better pic on my facebook (and a Zelda one too if you didn't see that one)

Ah that's just the shine of the light through the window, there's a better pic on my facebook (and a Zelda one too if you didn't see that one)

I'm quoting Mokong, but it's an open question to everyone;

I'm maybe near the end of game(as stated before) but there's so many sidequests but I semi-cba to do them, I wanna see the end but also know it'll fook my timed quests.

My question is this; Shall I just rush to end of main game/story and then do I get/have to re-do all quests in new game+? I don't know alot of what the new game+ offers(it does have one, right?) etc and I just dunno what to do. I can't decide and so I just end up not even playing the game.

You can't save after the point of no return, so you can't miss out on any sidequests that way.

If I recall correctly, New Game+ is just replaying the game starting on the level you'd reached when you finished the game and with the equipment you chose to bring with you. Other than that, I think it's essentially replaying the game from scratch, with every sidequest available again.

The last batch of sidequests are kind of annoying as you're forced to do some level grinding, so I don't think anyone would blame you if you skipped them. Rebuilding Colony 6 sure is satisfying, though. :heh:

I was most curious by the Monado quests, but indeed they appear to require levels higher than I have, and not sure how much I shall be bothered to do it. Do enemies go up in level in new game plus?

They do not, so it doesn't seem like it'd be very fun to play.

I think most of the last few quests require you to be level 90+, and it's a bit if a grind to get there. I almost skipped the Monado quests because I was so over farming for item drops at that point. I don't remember if the quests were worth it in the end, but if you're going to do them, now would be the time.

The extra levels came in handy for the endgame, though.

The Monado quests aren't really necessary if you're not interested in the late game stuff, and even then the properly end game things, like the super bosses, don't require them really as it's more about skill linking, getting the right gems and picking the right team.

I did do 4 of them. Only had the last one remaining but that really required a lot of grinding to get to the right level to get the items necessary.

Cool thanks guys, I'll sack it off then and maybe save them for a later re-playthrough in a year or two.

Just started playing love the opening scene! Think this is going to be a game I love it looks so huge!

Reached the first colony cant wait to have an explore.

Advanced the story a bit more, all I can say is wow!

This game is amazing, I have always loved games with lots of side quests, places to explore and interesting characters and this game has them by the bucketload.

Also I have to say I am really enjoying the story and even the voice acting. I like how I am being drawn into speculate about the sword (forgot the name) and there is already a nice group of characters who I am interested in.