NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

Well, maybe I'm on the wrong thing. She asked aaages ago specifically for shulk so I shulked out spoke to her and she got me to fix her watch so I did and returned and she was all like 'oh thanks you're hawt' and I was like yeah whatevs and now when I talk to her(with shulk or anyone) she just says something about moving somewhere? Maybe she has to give me another quest, but how do I get that! I'm 4 stars affinity with Colony 9 now.

Okay, I looked it up and she's going to have another quest for Shulk once your affinity with Colony 9 is a bit higher (roughly halfway between 4 and 5 stars). :smile:

Oh, ok, thanks for that! I've gone back into the mechonis' butt anyhow, would just like to express how much I'm liking the track they've got for this place.

EDIT: Got it, doesn't start to get into it til about 30 seconds, but there's something really nice about this tune;

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Rummy

Remember that the first couple of SE owners in France got that art book? Some guy has scanned the complete (Japanese) version of the book and put it online. It's a real treat, but quiet spoiler heavy. Don't look until you've finished the game! ;)

Art book.

That plush Riki is adorable (SPOILER WARNING for those who haven't recruited every party member yet).

Also, wow, that's a terrible picture of Fiora. Breasts and butt? I guess she has a bionic spine now, so it doesn't hurt?

:hmm:

That's 65 hours so far, and I have just fought Gadolt in Agniratha. I have often stopped in an area to level up, and currently on level 70 - how does that fare with most of you? I ask because in the Factory and Agniratha there are a handful of enemies that I've really struggled with; they have levels exceeding mine at the time... I was hoping by levelling up, i wouldn't encounter such badass.

I ask because in the Factory and Agniratha there are a handful of enemies that I've really struggled with; they have levels exceeding mine at the time... I was hoping by levelling up, i wouldn't encounter such badass.

When you arrive at a new area, there may always be a handful of enemies which are hard or downright impossible to tackle, if they're a couple of levels above you. For story purposes however, your level usually scales appropriately with the challenges and there should be no need to grind just for the level's sake. If you find an enemy too hard, just advance with the story and come back a little later, when your level will have increased "naturally" by fighting bosses, discovering new areas etc.

That's 65 hours so far, and I have just fought Gadolt in Agniratha. I have often stopped in an area to level up, and currently on level 70 - how does that fare with most of you? I ask because in the Factory and Agniratha there are a handful of enemies that I've really struggled with; they have levels exceeding mine at the time... I was hoping by levelling up, i wouldn't encounter such badass.

Think I've got a bit more hours in but not there yet. I have ended up sort of grinding in places, especially due to fighting stuff for quest stuff. There was a cutscene with Egil and reference to Sharla/what I assume was Gadolt, so I can't imagine I'm too far off your point? I haven't played the game for about a week now tho, might go back to it tonight.

Did anyone else have issues unzipping the Xenoblade Soundtrack from NOE?

Make sure it downloads fully, it kept cutting off when I downloaded and corrupted the zip file. Just keep downloading it.

Arggh.

Worst Ever Boss Battle

Disciple Lorithia. :mad:

Jesus. Despite what I do, I barely get any damage in. I have now spent a total of 5 hours trying to beat her; she's whipping my ass in minutes. I have used a combination of characters and just can't do it.

Any suggestions.

Jesus. Despite what I do, I barely get any damage in. I have now spent a total of 5 hours trying to beat her; she's whipping my ass in minutes. I have used a combination of characters and just can't do it.

Any suggestions.

What's your party's level? One or two levels more make a huge difference. I believe I used:

Melia as main character, Sharla and Fiora. Melia does a lot of damage with her lightning attack and practically hits every time. Fiora has special moves depending on her gear I believe, which can cause huge damage.

I had also killed every big monster in the area before the fight, which brought my party on a level where the boss fight itself wasn't hard at all, as enemies around there give lots of XP.

Can't give many other tips, really. Just make sure, that your characters don't end up in the acid pools. If they do, order them to you and them send them to attack again.

Arggh.

Worst Ever Boss Battle

Any suggestions.

Adding to what Burny has already said, which is to have Melia, Fiora and Sharla as your party (which you use as lead doesn't really matter), make sure you've levelled up their elemental Arts as much as possible because elemental Arts really help in taking off a lot of damage once you've done the point I'm making next.

The main thing is to take down the adds (the nebula things) first and quickly otherwise it's like hitting a brick wall and you'll land very little damage as she's got double buffed defence. Getting rid of the nebulas drops the defence buffs so you can get to work on her. She'll summon more every so often but just revert to taking them down quickly and it should be easy enough.

Hope that helps.

Man, do I miss playing this. Feels like ages since I beat the game. Would love to have the time to play through it again or even take on the post/end game stuff properly.

That's my latest character configuration. I also killed every beast in the area. Currently I have headed back to Bionis Leg to take out some of the 75+ beasts there in the hope of getting to Level 76/77.

Just finished the game at level 99 with all but two quests finished (perfect time for skyward sword). Definitely one of my favourite games on the Wii and up high in my all time list. It was more than just the new game mechanics for JRPGS it was the emotional quality of the story and the quality of the music.

Gives me a new found gratitude towards Nintendo Europe that they localised it. I cannot believe that the US is not getting it. Suppose it makes up for the square games they failed to localise back in the SNES days.

Cannot wait to see what Monolith come up with on th Wii U.

Arggh.

Worst Ever Boss Battle

Arggh.

New Worst Ever Boss Battle

Zanza :mad:

I have paken care of his first form, and get pretty well until he summons allies. I consistently die within minutes

Any suggestions.

I was...

Level 99 when I first went to Zanza, haha, So I had no issues with him.

Only suggestion I can give you is to keep doing side quests (if you have a save before the point of no return) and get your level up more

I was at level 84, and had no problems with Zanza whatsoever. my party consisted of Shulk, Sharla and Fiora. Also notice that you if you have Monado Shield (or whatever was it called) all leveled up, you can block most of Zanza's attacks with it.

Just finished the game at level 99 with all but two quests finished (perfect time for skyward sword). Definitely one of my favourite games on the Wii and up high in my all time list. It was more than just the new game mechanics for JRPGS it was the emotional quality of the story and the quality of the music.

Congratulations! Finishing this game feels like an epic in itself, so the satisfaction must be high. I'm betting you're a bit sorry it's all over, especially after a measly 130+ hours of game time.

If only there was an unlocked mode where you can play as an inhabitant of Mechonis and play through the same story from the eyes of the enemy. Now that would be value for money. Shulk would make an awesome final boss.

On to Zelda!

Think I'm gonna have to officially shelve this due to Zelda next week, not that I've touched it in a while anyway :(

Inside the bottom of mechonis? Though I was trying to get some more quests from Colony 9 so I could get shulk's 4th tree as I've maxed him out.

But essentially I'm at,

Just seen the cutscene with Egil and a ever so mysterious mechon that has strong memories of Sharla oh my I wonder who it could be. But yeah, seen that, then I went to Colony 9. Want that bloody skill tree but can't seem to get the affinity/quests!

Inside the bottom of mechonis? Though I was trying to get some more quests from Colony 9 so I could get shulk's 4th tree as I've maxed him out.

But essentially I'm at,

Just seen the cutscene with Egil and a ever so mysterious mechon that has strong memories of Sharla oh my I wonder who it could be. But yeah, seen that, then I went to Colony 9. Want that bloody skill tree but can't seem to get the affinity/quests!

SOme suggestions on quests you may have missed...

WHen I was trying to get Shulks 4th tree there were two people I found with quests (eventually) when I though I'd done them all.

In the day (afternoon maybe) there's two kids playing outside Dunbans house, one of them had a quest.

Also in the Residential District there was one guy hidden behind some houses that you may have missed, can't remember his name but his quests involve finding him a new job.

If you think you haven't found him go to the bridge in the Residential District that leads towards the Lookout Point. Walk towards the Heart-to-Heart in the front of the steps and up the small steps. He should be behind the houses on your right, just look for a little ally that leads behind them.

He has about a 3 chain quest I think.

Hope those are the ones your missing

Completed! In 96 hours! :D

Had to level up to 85 to beat the final boss. But what an ending; a great pay off for Shulk and his buddies. I can't think of any other Nintendo published title that's had such an emotional story, it really is a step in the right direction for the company.

I loved every minute of minute of it; its really the kind of game I want see on WiiU; a grand, epic adventure.