NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

No, I'm before the point where you lose a lot of quests, and I'm staying there until I finished all quests that is possible to finish. Thinking about levelling up to lv 100 too before I move on too.

Mike,

do you only get access to the rest of Bionis Interior after you complete Agniratha? I need some items for Colony 6 there but I wanted to finish it before Agniratha.

do you only get access to the rest of Bionis Interior after you complete Agniratha? I need some items for Colony 6 there but I wanted to finish it before Agniratha.

Yes.

As for completion, I am literally right at the end. Well, I was but I saved the game at the 'point of no return' in the last location and pushed on from there to see if I could complete the game at lvl 78 and got stopped at the last boss (can't say any more than that about the fight other than there's a nasty combo attack that just wipes anyone, even with 9999 health although I didn't have any def gems on, and the adds are irritating) and turned off :nono: It is apparently doable at that level but you'd need some serious luck by the way my 6 or so tries went with different team variations.

So it's back to grinding a couple of levels before I try again. Should also track down the all of the advanced books for the character arts. Could probably get the end tonight but think I'll use the rest of today to grind and then see if I can clear it tomorrow.

@Mike, I'm not sure whether you can go back to your save file after completion. I know there is a New Game + but I'm not sure about post game on the same save. I'm presuming yes but I'll be making a duplicate save at the point of no return just in case.

I already use all 3 save slots and I'm only on Sword Valley just now, haha.

Spent ages yesterday on Valak Mountains exploring parts of the Map I've not been yet and then doing some side quests. Took me ages to make that big slide jump to the top of Valak Peak, had a feeling that's where the two guys from Alcamoth would be. After trying with each character and lots of reloading I finally made it using Riki.

Also trying to find Kana Peak was a bitch. Only figured out where to go when by accident I was down by Hallow Bone and moved the camera to look up the mountain and saw a red ! in the distance... though trying to find the path to it took ages still as it's not on the bloody map :heh:

Anyway moved onto Sword Valley and

Spent almost all my cash buying all the Anti-Mechon weapons from Dickson. Figured it might be better to have those on hand so I wouldn't need to use the Monado's Enchant during battle so I wouldn't have to be watching for when it wears off. And I guess so I wouldn't be worrying too much about what to use between enchants or purges.

Though the weapons are a bit weaker than the ones I already had and have less slots though I guess it's a trade off I have to take.

I'm at level 52 now, did the surprise quest that appeared there by one of the gates and had to stop after that.

That was only the 2nd surprise quest I came across, the first being the one by the waterfall on the Bionis Leg. Anyone come across anymore? Have I missed any?

Noooooooooooooo! About to beat the last boss and thus finish the game only for my Wii to stop working properly. Battle ended as though it was going to a cutscene and the screen went black, with the battle music still playing in the background, and it's not doing anything :mad:

An hour and a half down the pan! FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Think I'll just watch the ending on Youtube rather than sit through that again. I technically beat it so I can just go back to my save (providing it's not corrupted) and do some more end game stuff.

So I wasnt at the last fight at all... but I'm fairly sure I've just hit the point where a bulk of timed quests disappear. I did all the last batch of timed quests though rewards were simply points/money instead of items so it wouldn't have been much loss anyway.

I know there isn't really any other way of doing it, but given the rest of the game, it's starting to feel a little cutscene heavy right now though seeing eveyone show their hand has been pretty interesting.

Noooooooooooooo! About to beat the last boss and thus finish the game only for my Wii to stop working properly. Battle ended as though it was going to a cutscene and the screen went black, with the battle music still playing in the background, and it's not doing anything :mad:

An hour and a half down the pan! FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Think I'll just watch the ending on Youtube rather than sit through that again. I technically beat it so I can just go back to my save (providing it's not corrupted) and do some more end game stuff.

How many times did you beat the final boss? There's a fair few times you have to face him. Gutted that your Wii stopped working... I think I'd have had to kill someone if that happened to me, haha.

I've just finished it, watching the credits roll now.

What an amazing game! Wow!!!

Ok, so after you've finished you basically start again from the beginning of the story but you can carry over some items so that you'll start with awesome equipment from the get go on your next playthrough... although you can't take everything you had in your inventory.

Edited by Kav

There's people finishing the game already....

K I'm just inside the Fortress at the end of Sword Valley, just gone inside after that awesome boss battle with "Metal Face".

Roughly what kind of percentage of the game do you think I've done?

Also what level were you when you finished it?

I'm at 53 now :D

Oh and do you get any stats on the percentage of side quests you did or anything like that?

Or does a movie/cut scene player unlock? (I'm betting no for some reason, but I hope there is one)

I'd say you're maybe 65-70% through, Mokong.

I've just reached the final point of no return at 91 hours, and Level 76, I think, so I'll probably go and try to level up before facing the final boss. Maybe I'll try to get into the Tephra Cave areas with the high level monsters.

There's people finishing the game already....

K I'm just inside the Fortress at the end of Sword Valley, just gone inside after that awesome boss battle with "Metal Face".

Roughly what kind of percentage of the game do you think I've done?

Also what level were you when you finished it?

I'm at 53 now :D

Oh and do you get any stats on the percentage of side quests you did or anything like that?

Or does a movie/cut scene player unlock? (I'm betting no for some reason, but I hope there is one)

There's no movie player unlock or stats screen or anything like that. I advise to save at the point of no return and if saving after that, use a different save slot (I did) because there really is no returning once you've passed that point.

I was level 78 when I went past the point of no return and I finished the game at level 80.

I've got a save file just before the point of no return and another after completetion which is a brand new game but you start at the level you finished the game on and with the majority of equipment you had too (not all).

Reading all of this thread is captivating BUT this game certainly seems way to complicated and hardcore for me to be able to give it a fair go.

I'd say you're maybe 65-70% through, Mokong.

I've just reached the final point of no return at 91 hours, and Level 76, I think, so I'll probably go and try to level up before facing the final boss. Maybe I'll try to get into the Tephra Cave areas with the high level monsters.

The 'new' areas of Tephra Cave are filled with lvl 90+ monsters. For lvl 76, I'd go to the north side of the bridge in Bionis Leg and the raised up area NE of the Kamos Guidepost for the Gogols. They're about lvl 76 - 80 and give a good amount of XP per kill (at least 10K but I recommend attaching any EXP gems to grab some extra experience).

@kav82, yeah I was at the very last stage of the final boss so was no impressed by the game freezing, mainly because it was all unfolding so well after I had skill linked and specced my chosen 3 pretty much perfectly so I always had enough to revive if needed and was always able to pull off a chain attack when some of the potential party wipe attacks were building up.

"]...any of the replica monado quests? Managed to get the first one done and should at least be able to get the second one done later today. 4 and 5 are out of the question because they require mid 90's to take on some of the monsters. Want 3 because it's a proper attacking weapon stats wise (as is 4 while 1, 2, and 5 are considered defensive) but need to kill a lvl 90 so that'd require more levelling than I'm into at the moment.

The 'new' areas of Tephra Cave are filled with lvl 90+ monsters. For lvl 76, I'd go to the north side of the bridge in Bionis Leg and the raised up area NE of the Kamos Guidepost for the Gogols. They're about lvl 76 - 80 and give a good amount of XP per kill (at least 10K but I recommend attaching any EXP gems to grab some extra experience).

@kav82, yeah I was at the very last stage of the final boss so was no impressed by the game freezing, mainly because it was all unfolding so well after I had skill linked and specced my chosen 3 pretty much perfectly so I always had enough to revive if needed and was always able to pull off a chain attack when some of the potential party wipe attacks were building up.

"]...any of the replica monado quests? Managed to get the first one done and should at least be able to get the second one done later today. 4 and 5 are out of the question because they require mid 90's to take on some of the monsters. Want 3 because it's a proper attacking weapon stats wise (as is 4 while 1, 2, and 5 are considered defensive) but need to kill a lvl 90 so that'd require more levelling than I'm into at the moment.

No, I left those quests as I just wanted to progress the story. I wasn't really one for side quests during my time with the game. Although I completed many, I also still had a tonne of which I just didn't bother with.

When Nintendo print another run of the game, do you think they'll make more of the Bundle edition (with the red controller)? I desperately want it, but it's going for ridiculous prices on Ebay (and sadly, I'm half tempted!) :(

How will I know this final "Point of No Return" (without spoiling anything on me)

Also I've not paid much attention to the Skill Trees and Linking, maybe I should look into that. And I've got most skills upgraded as far as it will let me but when I buy new books it doesn't let me upgrade further... what am I doing wrong?

Just save often and in multiple saves. I'm not there yet, but I guess it becomes quite obvious that you have passed PoNR.

Kinda lost the interest to play the game. I'm done with all quest that will disappear when I play the nekst story point, but I haven't been able to see all heart-to-heart events in Alcamoth yet, and it's a pain to raise the affinity from yellow smiley to heart. I'm not playing the game a second time.

Here's a question about in the Galahad Fortress (in spoiler just in case)

I found a red orb which was some kind of Key which allowed me to use the Self Destruct thing by the pistons, it broke one of the turbines. Now I wasn't looking for the orb, it had no ! on it. So did I do a future side quest in advance, or was I not meant to do that yet?

How will I know this final "Point of No Return" (without spoiling anything on me)

Also I've not paid much attention to the Skill Trees and Linking, maybe I should look into that. And I've got most skills upgraded as far as it will let me but when I buy new books it doesn't let me upgrade further... what am I doing wrong?

Definitely look into skill trees and the Skill Links, some are really handy to have!

When you buy an Art Upgrade Book, go to the inventory and "read" the books.

Regarding the point of no return, Dunban will clearly say to you "this is the point of no return" and will ask if you want to continue or wait a little longer, I advise to wait and save, then when you do continue create a new save file for your game.

Reading all of this thread is captivating BUT this game certainly seems way to complicated and hardcore for me to be able to give it a fair go.

I thought the same but it's truly sublime. You would be missing out on one of the best RPG's in recent years. I've not enjoyed an RPG/Action game like this since....well...It's like a mix between Monster Hunter and Chrono Trigger or something. One of the best titles I've played in recent memory. :bouncy:

I thought the same but it's truly sublime. You would be missing out on one of the best RPG's in recent years. I've not enjoyed an RPG/Action game like this since....well...It's like a mix between Monster Hunter and Chrono Trigger or something. One of the best titles I've played in recent memory. :bouncy:

hmmm i wonder if lovefilm have rental copies?

I totally agree, flameboy, you should really give it a go. The closest I'd got to a JRPG before this are the Pokémon and Paper Mario games, but Xenoblade has easily become one of my favourite Wii games.

Kinda lost the interest to play the game. I'm done with all quest that will disappear when I play the nekst story point, but I haven't been able to see all heart-to-heart events in Alcamoth yet, and it's a pain to raise the affinity from yellow smiley to heart. I'm not playing the game a second time.

You could always use this method.

A bit grindy, but it beats not finishing the game.

Definitely look into skill trees and the Skill Links, some are really handy to have!

When you buy an Art Upgrade Book, go to the inventory and "read" the books.

*facepalm*

Seriously how did I miss that?

I thought you just had to buy the books and that be it. WHen Nothing happened I then thought maybe I had to get to a certain level or something :heh:

Investing time into unlocking all of a character's skills (in all of their trees which can be a right pain) and linking them (which can be worse as you'll have to invest time into getting affinity to the top level) is definitely worthwhile. I hadn't really done it until right at the end of the game but it does give you some very nice buffs either to start battles off or throughout the entire battle that can make the difference. Increased strength, agility, physical and ether defense amongst many other things. They really can turn a previously difficult fight on it's head in your favour.

Oh, and FINISHED :D My Wii didn't crap out this time and actually loaded the ending. So happy. Few little missteps on the final boss but everything quickly fell into place. Ended at just below lvl 81 with a total play time of around 88 hours (although there was about 4 or so hours I lost because of switching off/my console freezing) and there was still plenty to do so I've kept a save file before the PoNR and I'll take on some of the end game quests further down the line (and perhaps push for lvl 99 but I'll see).

Absolutely brilliant game. Undoubtedly one of the best on the Wii and one of the best I've played this generation. NoA should be ashamed for not localising this title (yet. Wouldn't be surprised if they were holding it till after Zelda so as not to dampen that game's experience when it's released).

Have seen a few people on other message boards clamouring for a sequel but personally, I think MonolithSoft should leave it there as a sequel could so easily dampen what has been made here with the characters and world. I will say that it's going to be hard for an RPG to out do this one anytime soon and I'm nervously await to see how Skyward Sword will stack up.

Has anyone fully rebuilt Colony 6?

I've only got everything to lvl2 so far. Must go back once I can warp again. I'm on the Fallen Arm and it won't let me warp yet

I've got Colony 6 up to level 4, from there you need items off a few level 80+ monsters so I've not yet gone back to tackle them.