NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

Will give it another go at some point tomorrow. In the meantime, any more tips you want to throw my way? ;)

Play some sidequests. :heh:

(Also, I agree that that gem thing is annoying. I usually just unequipped my gems first. I didn't change my equipment all that often, anyway.)

Play some sidequests. :heh:
That's a good idea actually. I've been accepting loads of sidequests but haven't really paid that much attention to fulfilling them, as I seem to complete most by accident. :D

But I think I've got a lot of unfinished quests with the little timer icon now too, so should probably get them sorted before taking on that boss.

Do you ever get locked out of any areas as the story progresses, or do those quests just expire for the hell of it? :blank:

Do you ever get locked out of any areas as the story progresses, or do those quests just expire for the hell of it? :blank:

You get locked out and/or certain events explain why they're no longer available.

BTW, I'm not playing as Shulk (haven't done since getting Sharla, and now Riki is my main character. ), so I have no control over the Monado.

Perhaps I should switch back to Shulk for this battle then...

After the start, I didn't play as / with Shulk either. If some boss was totally impossible, then I did try with him as well, but generally I managed pretty much everything with Dunban / Reyn / Sharla. Dunban was just so much more fun to play as...Riki I used for item hunting : D

no there are points in the story where some areas become locked out and that's what those timed quests are.

Incidently... do you still have timed quests left from the Refugee Camp on the Bionis Leg? or have you..erm.. "moved them on"?

that's actually a good point by Magnus... if you do find yourself stuck with a boss go side questing... you'll gain EXP and maybe even better equipment, or unlock new skills in the trees.

I didn't think to say that as when I played I would focus on sidequests before moving on the story

Edited by Mokong

Incidently... do you still have timed quests left from the Refugee Camp on the Bionis Leg? or have you..erm.. "moved them on"?
Don't think so, :hmm: I definitely moved everyone from the refugee camp already.

If there are timed quest that I've accepted but can no longer complete, do they still appear in the list?

Anyway, I finally beat that boss...

...in the High Entia Tomb, with my usual team of Riki, Sharla and Shulk. Was at level 40 (only one higher than before), but I also levelled up mid-fight to 41! :awesome: Loving Xenoblades super slick/streamlined RPG game design.

icon14.gif

So yeah, I can at last progress with the story. :smile:

Don't think so, :hmm: I definitely moved everyone from the refugee camp already.

If there are timed quest that I've accepted but can no longer complete, do they still appear in the list?

Ok cool.. no I was just wondering as if you didn't move them and kept going you can could eventually lose the option to move them and then miss out on the awesome Colony 6 sidequest

So after letting this game sit on my bookshelf for a good few months I decided to stick it back in and give it another go and I have to admit I forgot how good this game was. I've literally spent hours just wondering around the map and doing side quests and stuff. Theres even places in the lower bionis I haven't seen yet. At the point of the story I'm at, I'm at the head of the bionis about to finally get on prison island with a party at about level 45, 46ish. Fun times ahead.

I think quite literally my only gripe with this game is the use of the New Game+ formula.

This the perfect sort of game to just let you roam around the world upon completion, finishing all the side-quests, completing your affinity chart, etc. Maybe even 're-unlocking' the quests and locations that got locked out after a certain point. Plus, some of the quests and the level 90+ monsters seem perfect as very much 'post game grind' material.

Instead, I'm finding it difficult to get motivated to blast past the opening bits all over again. And I have an issue with what the game lets you carry over and what it doesn't. Levels, Trials, money and Party Affinity are great. But I'd rather have Achievements, NPC Affinity and Quests over the whole '30 weapons/armour/items' thing. If I'm starting again at about level 80, I really don't need my strongest equipment for the first 80% of the game.

But what really gave me a heart attack was the realisation that (I think) it now only lets me carry 2 pages of 'materials' on the menu. It was getting bad enough to deal with it when it was 5...

Bionis give me strength... I am STUCK!

I have hit a few brick walls in this game but this one takes the biscuit...

Disciple Lorithia... FUCKING HELL she is so annoying... I can't seem to beat her... I'm in my 70's, I have great equipment... I can get her halfway but she always spams me with some shit or another and ends me...

I have to say, every so often there is a BOSS in this game that annoys me... because it feels like it's a simple puzzle, and you can ONLY beat them one way... In other RPG's sometimes, even with the odds against you, you scrape through by the skin of your teeth... it feels like in Xenoblade if you aren't meant to beat the boss with a certain combination of characters or at a certain level then it is actually just 100% impossible... Urgh, maybe it's just me but I could do with some tips!!!

Tips that DO NOT include Melia... I don't like her and I dont use her...

Bionis give me strength... I am STUCK!

I have hit a few brick walls in this game but this one takes the biscuit...

Disciple Lorithia... FUCKING HELL she is so annoying... I can't seem to beat her... I'm in my 70's, I have great equipment... I can get her halfway but she always spams me with some shit or another and ends me...

I have to say, every so often there is a BOSS in this game that annoys me... because it feels like it's a simple puzzle, and you can ONLY beat them one way... In other RPG's sometimes, even with the odds against you, you scrape through by the skin of your teeth... it feels like in Xenoblade if you aren't meant to beat the boss with a certain combination of characters or at a certain level then it is actually just 100% impossible... Urgh, maybe it's just me but I could do with some tips!!!

Tips that DO NOT include Melia... I don't like her and I dont use her...

The best tips will involve Melia. In this battle she is a beast!

The best tips will involve Melia. In this battle she is a beast!

So everyone says... she dies in less than a minute of being in the battle, she does NOT obliterate the elementals like everyone suggests... so HOW exactly is she so amazing??

So everyone says... she dies in less than a minute of being in the battle, she does NOT obliterate the elementals like everyone suggests... so HOW exactly is she so amazing??

If you utilise her Reflection Art and Water Absorbtion Art well you'll find the battle a pushover.

Any time it seems you're going to be attacked, use Reflection, then spam Lightning, Fire, Water and Summon Copy for a constant barrage and you're laughing. With the odd Mind Blast thrown in there you'll be fine for sure.

I did this with Reyn and Sharla as my team and couldn't believe the difference it made in the battle.

If you utilise her Reflection Art and Water Absorbtion Art well you'll find the battle a pushover.

Any time it seems you're going to be attacked, use Reflection, then spam Lightning, Fire, Water and Summon Copy for a constant barrage and you're laughing. With the odd Mind Blast thrown in there you'll be fine for sure.

I did this with Reyn and Sharla as my team and couldn't believe the difference it made in the battle.

Well this is the most specific tip I've seen so thanks!

I must just be terrible though because I just cannot get Melia to work for me.... even utalising those skills you mentioned, I just cannot even kill an elemental before I am floored... urgh... I fuckiong hate these moments in games because I tend to get too annoyed and leave them... and never go back lol...

Well this is the most specific tip I've seen so thanks!

I must just be terrible though because I just cannot get Melia to work for me.... even utalising those skills you mentioned, I just cannot even kill an elemental before I am floored... urgh... I fuckiong hate these moments in games because I tend to get too annoyed and leave them... and never go back lol...

You can actually do it without taking out the Elementals, it takes a but longer but still is easily done, just do it using the same Arts but when you use Mind Blast make sure you line up the Elementals in the blast as well as Lorithia.

You can actually do it without taking out the Elementals, it takes a but longer but still is easily done, just do it using the same Arts but when you use Mind Blast make sure you line up the Elementals in the blast as well as Lorithia.

but the elementals give her ridiculous defence... surely ignoring thrm will make the battle last forever?

Anybody have a copy of this game that they've finished and would like to sell?

but the elementals give her ridiculous defence... surely ignoring thrm will make the battle last forever?

It does take a while but it's still doable. It is easier to take out the Elementals of course though.

Buy a new copy and show Nintendo you care about original games ;)

Only ?23 on amazon!

Indeed, pluys I'd find it highly unlikely you'll find many people wanting to sell on their copy, the game will likely become a collectors piece sooner or later

Anybody have a copy of this game that they've finished and would like to sell?

I might throw mine out the window in a minute, be there to catch it...

Really though I have a good strategy for the 'BITCH'... if you kill 3 of the 4 elementals she doesn't seem to regen them! SO if you can make sure to not kill the 4th one... which is actually quite tricky... then it seems to work really well... got her down to about a 5th of her life before I was ended in some cheap way... nearly threw my nice red classic pro through the TV...

Gaming enjoyment, this is not...

Well christ on a stick... I did it...

If ever a boss is too much in Xenoblade... my ultimate advice? GRIND...

Seems simple enough but seriously, there are enough side quests out there that dish out some nice EXP... urgh...

Really did not enjoy that fight though... or what it took to beat it...

By the time I got to lorithia I had already maxed out on quests.

I liked the combat so much that quests did not sem like grinding.

Now, chasing rare items and killing creatures when I had maxed my level - that was some painful grinding. Doesn't stop it from being on of my favourite Wii games though. :smile:

If ever a boss is too much in Xenoblade... my ultimate advice? GRIND...

Better advice? Don't!

Honestly, there is practically no reason to run around, looking for monsters to kill for XP, when the game almost literally showers you with XP for merely exploring an area or doing some of the side quests. Exploring the area before the bosses (and killing any notable monsters while at it) usually brings your party to a level, where they should be waltzing over the (story) bosses.