NEurope
Coolness Bears

Modern cartoons!

Will my kids like the new My Little Pony stuff (5 & 2)? I'm kinda intrigued by it.

Will my kids like the new My Little Pony stuff (5 & 2)? I'm kinda intrigued by it.

It has gained a large and dedicated fanbase, especially among 20-30 year old guys, but I don't actually know how popular it is with kids. :heh: Two years old might be a tad young, I think, but I'd say it's worth a shot. It really is a great show. :)

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

I don't call myself a brony because I think that's stupid. :p

I don't like labels. I am myself and I watch the show. :) I don't want to be a brony.

you god damn bronies are the cancer of this site and every site :grin:

Says the guy with an NCIS avatar. ;)

I know My Little Pony is really popular on the Escapist forums. Take from that what you will.

you god damn bronies are the cancer of this site and every site :grin:

First of all... LOVE LOVE LOVE the name / avatar. I love Jethro :D

... actually thats really all I have to say. The most modern cartoon I watch is Whats New Scooby Doo!!

First of all... LOVE LOVE LOVE the name / avatar. I love Jethro :D

... actually thats really all I have to say. The most modern cartoon I watch is Whats New Scooby Doo!!

Who would have guessed :p

I caught The Avengers last night, and now actually. It's pretty decent, feel like a kid again. Used to love fox kids with X-men and Hulk on later on in the night.

Who would have guessed :p

I caught The Avengers last night, and now actually. It's pretty decent, feel like a kid again. Used to love fox kids with X-men and Hulk on later on in the night.

Hush! :p

.. should really change my avatar someday... nah likely not :laughing:

It seems that to be considered good by our generation nowadays, a kid's cartoon has to be slightly edgy and crandom (comically random). Adventure Time is solid, but it isn't something I can watch in massive quantities as it gets a little samey too soon. As a weekly watch it's probably the best thing I've seen in years though.

New Thundercats looked good from what I saw of it. One thing most new kids shows have that ours didn't are insanely high production values.

Why do all my posts have the winking icon..?

Look at the bottom of the posting area, right above the "Post Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced" buttons. There you can choose whether to display an icon with your post.

It seems that to be considered good by our generation nowadays, a kid's cartoon has to be slightly edgy and crandom (comically random). Adventure Time is solid, but it isn't something I can watch in massive quantities as it gets a little samey too soon. As a weekly watch it's probably the best thing I've seen in years though.

New Thundercats looked good from what I saw of it. One thing most new kids shows have that ours didn't are insanely high production values.

Why do all my posts have the winking icon..?

Tried My Little Pony?

Says the guy with an NCIS avatar. ;)

I know My Little Pony is really popular on the Escapist forums. Take from that what you will.

is there a term for an NCIS fan? Navyfag?

i take from it enough :wink:

Modern cartoons... You mean like... Johnny Quest and... Um... BotsMaster?

They weren't very good at all.

It has gained a large and dedicated fanbase, especially among 20-30 year old gays, but I don't actually know how popular it is with kids. :heh: Two years old might be a tad young, I think, but I'd say it's worth a shot. It really is a great show. :)

Fixed that.

It has gained a large and dedicated fanbase, especially among 20-30 year old guys, but I don't actually know how popular it is with kids. :heh: Two years old might be a tad young, I think, but I'd say it's worth a shot. It really is a great show. :)

Opinion of a 5 year old:

Fixed that.

tumblr_lpnvw8s2PF1qafrh6.jpg

Opinion of a 5 year old:

Sounds like she liked it as well. :) (And she's right, Rainbow Dash is obviously the best.)