NEurope
Coolness Bears

Modern cartoons!

We all watched them when we were younger! but do you still watch them now? :grin:

I know people watch things like Family Guy/South Park/The Simpsons/Futurama etc.

I'm not talking about revisiting old cartoons for nostalgias sake. Although I do do that as well. :D

I'm talking about new cartoons. People often say they aren't as good as when they were younger but thats probably because they have grown out of them?

well I haven't. :p

I'm not sure what year I'm going from for a morden cartoon since I was still a child in 2000 but even back then people were starting to say you are too old for spongebob. :heh: Which is still going strongly.

At the moment I watch:

Phineas and Ferb

tumblr_lpxvst05ed1qafqkn.gif

Adventure Time

Adventure_Time_with_Finn_Jake.png

My Little Pony

my_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_group_shot.jpg

I think these 3 are great examples of morden cartoons.

They have a great feel to them and they are really funny to me anyway.

I watch more cartoons than anything else!

but does anyone have as big an addiction to cartoons as me? :)

I don't really watch cartoons any more other than South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy etc....

I've wanted to watch Thunder Cat's and watched the first episode online, but now I tend to find when I have free time I'm watching a TV series like Dexter, ESPN or gaming.

other than Pokemon of course, If I happen to find that on when I'm browsing I'll always watch that.

Does Fosters Home for Imaginary friends count as Modern? Love that!

RaInBoW DaSh!!! ...ahem

I don't really watch any "modern" cartoons. I usually stick to stuff i used to watch as a kid, like Dexter's lab the power puff girls and spongebob. Although i may dabble a little in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic if nobody's around. Don't look at me!!!! don't look at meeeee!!!!

Can't say I watch any cartoons anymore.

I might watch clips of old cartoons on Youtube every now and then, but other than that, it's the more adult cartoons... like you say... of Family Guy etc...

I guess the last 'new' cartoon that I watched [but even then it's going back a number of years] was an episode of...

TMNT-tmnt-61074_800_600.jpg

But that was just to see what it was like, having been a massive fan of TMHT when I was young!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I did watch the last 10mins of a Pokemon episode the other day. :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah!

Fosters Home for Imaginary friends definitely counts, great show! :D + only ended in 2009 so not that long ago.

Yeah I prefer cartoons to Live action shows unless they are comedies usually because they are bright, colourful and easy to digest. :p forget seriousness.

I mean Phineas and Ferb episodes are 10 minutes long. perfect length for my concentration. Then that means I can watch 6 in one hour. :grin:

I do like other shows but I prefer cartoons definitely.

The Marvellous Misadventures of Flapjack:

The-Marvelous-Misadventures-of-Flapjack-image.png

It's a bit like Spongebob meets Ren and Stimpy but that doesn't do it justice because it feels so fresh and inspired.

The World of Golden Eggs

img756a5adfzik4zj.jpeg

A brilliant Japanese sitcom, with such a refreshing style from a country which usually churns out the same "factory" style.

Edited by Hamishmash

I like Foster's Home and Phineas&Ferb... If Kim Possible counts as recent, then that too.

Other than that, I'm not too familiar with recent cartoons. Can't deny the quality some of them have, though

Never get to see any really. I did watch Phineas and Ferb last summer at my cousin's, and loved that it had an undercurrent of..adultness. Or things I'd find genuinely funny.

Last modern cartoon I watched actively was Wolverine and the X-Men.

I mainly watch American Dad/Family Guy and various anime. I did watch the first 2 episodes of Thundercats the other day which I thought was fantastic.

I was looking after my nephew over the weekend and I put Cartoon Network on for him. He was watching a show called Chowder which I found hilarious.

17828.gif

Some of the things on it were so random, it was crazy but in a funny way. I may start watching that more often. :D

Dude, there is literally nothing better than Adventure Time. The best show Cartoon Network has had for years.

The only 'modern' cartoons I been watching lately(usually due to a lack of having much option on TV, except whatever they have on CITV channel which I've had on in the background recently) is probably Pokemon Black/White, and My Little Pony, both of which have really sparked off in the last two/three days.

avengers-earths-mightiest-heroes-header.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>> all.

There is something seriously wrong with Iron Man's jaw...

It's an alternative version of Iron Man where Tony Stark is half man half Pug. He's basically the same but has a really flat face and his fortune is in pet food, not arms manufacture.

TheVentureBros.jpg

But, um... that probably doesn't count.

More relevant:

KimPossible.jpg

Both good choices. :grin: Venture Bros totally counts.

The Marvellous Misadventures of Flapjack:

The-Marvelous-Misadventures-of-Flapjack-image.png

It's a bit like Spongebob meets Ren and Stimpy but that doesn't do it justice because it feels so fresh and inspired.

The World of Golden Eggs

img756a5adfzik4zj.jpeg

A brilliant Japanese sitcom, with such a refreshing style from a country which usually churns out the same "factory" style.

The marvelous misadventures of flapjack is great. :D Never heard of The World of Golden Eggs, I shall check it out. :)

Wolverine and the X-Men.

Brilliant! I thoroughly enjoyed it and was saddened by no second season. :(

avengers-earths-mightiest-heroes-header.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>> all.

I need to watch this. It looks sexy.

I was looking after my nephew over the weekend and I put Cartoon Network on for him. He was watching a show called Chowder which I found hilarious.

17828.gif

Some of the things on it were so random, it was crazy but in a funny way. I may start watching that more often. :D

I love Chowder, its exactly my style of humour just crazy nonsense. I'd forgot about it until just now, thanks for bringing it back to my attention. :)

Dude, there is literally nothing better than Adventure Time. The best show Cartoon Network has had for years.

I caught up with it all very quickly. Its so bizarre but in a good way. I wasn't expecting how awesome it was going to be before watching it.

Oh and John DiMaggio as Jake the Dog. His voice is so easy to recognise anywhere.

Plays schnitzel in chowder as well.

I don't know Ell.

Is this on a Sky channel?

Disney XD.

Or download. Its awesssssoommmmeeee.

Adventure time is awesome, so is Avengers

Avengers is on at terrible times though, its randomly on through the day on the weekend, and week nights at either 10pm or 10.30pm depending on what craps on before

Tumblr_lbv1wpi5mH1qekprfo1_500-1-.jpg

The Problem Solverz

Fantastic cartoon by Ben Jones from the animation collective Paper Rad. Recently finished it's first airing on Cartoon Network in the U.S. Fans of Adventure Time should find it fascinating but most Cartoon Network viewers seemed to find it headache inducing due to it's fast paced, brightly coloured visuals.

Of the cartoons mentioned I love Phineas & Ferb and Kim Possible, and within the past week I have become a proud Brony.