NEurope
Burny

Colors! 3D - THE DS homebrew application comes to the eStore

^ Niiiiiiiiice. :D

I haven't used Colors! 3D for quite a while now. Might be getting back into it soon though, if the state of upcoming 3DS releases is anything to go by. :hmm:

Got quite a lot of use out of it anyway, 30+ hours last time I checked my activity log.

@Calv, how many hours you clocked on this?

I've only played this for 2. I can't draw which doesn't ell, I like looking at other pictures though but the subscribing to artists and lack of search is really ruining it.

69 hours 13 minutes. And it'll be one of those title I always go back to, I find when i get into it, im just glued.

You guys are good, I mean really good. I just bought Colors! 3D but I'm not very good at drawing so will have to take it slowly step by step before sharing my doodles with anyone. Just wanted to show my appreciation for the art some of you sent out through Letterbox messages, please don't hesitate to send more.

This is a trace I did of the Simpsons Futurama crossover comic book just to see what this picture would look like in 3D:

_269441.jpg

http://colorslive.com/details/269441-Simpsons_Futurama_Crossover_by_WaffleRobot.php

Its best viewed on a 3DS because I have the characters on different layers (Farnsworth, Zoidberg and Fry on layer 5, Bender, Nibbler and Lela on layer 4 etc)

I also did the other side of the comic:

_260379.jpg

Just noticed I forgot to colour in Homers jeans :x

204094.png

203732.png

:grin:

FUCK!

That lower one is a bit creepy, but the upper one. . . :D

Seriously good material, any chance you can send me the upper one via Letterbox?

Has anyone tried out the update yet? It's pretty amazing they implemented all these extra features for free! :o

Has anyone tried out the update yet? It's pretty amazing they implemented all these extra features for free! :o
Yeah, I got it, great update. icon14.gif

It's cool being able to see how long paintings took. :smile:

Yeah haha especially on our own paintings! I really was surprised by seeing some of the times haha!

I'm also really happy with the customisable layout of the buttons, and the tag feature!

BearHuggerFromPunch-OutWii_zpsb1017a99.png

I traced this image nearly a year ago, but only uploaded it last week. I like all the new stuff they've added to this game, its really cool.

2851573-d5IRJgi1Ct3qahJQ.jpg

Another trace I've been doing when I've had spare time, just wanted to see what this image looked like in 3D

Kinda amazing that they are still adding features to this title after all this time. I highly recommend getting this. Some of the drawing some people have managed to do on it are incredible:

2834678-HFWtypW-FOI98nG5.jpg

2824436-RPB2ba5o6W8yyJhs.jpg

2843342-4SEWYu9IiM5tSKv9.jpg

Edited by Helmsly

Does anyone on here still mess around this this app?

Ever since I got Pokemon Art Academy, this has taken a back seat.

But I still use it to draw rough sketches, thanks to the five layers, Which PAA lacks.

I then transfer it to Poke Art Academy and use the healthy amount of tools to draw a final version.

So yes, I still use it, but as a first step, rather than for the whole process.

I did a very quick trace of The Monarch from Venture Bros today and thought I'd share it.

3893871-xW-HLEXg64t6XxUH.jpg

http://colorslive.com/details/3893871

This is a long shot here, but do any of you who happen to still use this app play it on the New 3DS Xl? I'm still using the original 3DS and was thinking about upgrading, but I can't seem to find out if this game is compatible with the new models, due to its larger screen size

Edited by Helmsly

3 hours ago, Helmsly said:

I did a very quick trace of The Monarch from Venture Bros today and thought I'd share it.

3893871-xW-HLEXg64t6XxUH.jpg

http://colorslive.com/details/3893871

This is a long shot here, but do any of you who happen to still use this app play it on the New 3DS Xl? I'm still using the original 3DS and was thinking about upgrading, but I can't seem to find out if this game is compatible with the new models, due to its larger screen size

It works fine, I personally think it's better actually, due to the larger screens, makes it easier to be more precise. That said, don't expect to suddenly get more canvas space. It's just an enlarged screen, after all. But yeah, works just as well.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Glen-i said:

It's just an enlarged screen, after all. But yeah, works just as well.

Ah good,this is what I expected, thanks for the info.