NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Playstation 3 release date

was my posts delted?

No, but they were deleted. ;)

Yes, your posts were deleted. Mainly because they were spam and had absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

Was bored at work so had a flick through nuts magazine they have a little bit about PS3 on there. Mainly stupid comments like blu-ray holds 8 time more than dvd or something which means the games will be 8 times better. They also claim that the PS3 will be released on May 6th and will cost £220 although blatently bollocks thought it was worth a mention. They also claim it is twice as powerful than xbox 360 which if i'm right is not true

PS3 is many times more powerfull than 360. AND, it has 1080p support. Also, many more AAA titles. I hope it's not too expensive, though. :(

I'm aware it is more powerful but i'm pretty sure there is no way it could be twice as powerful i mean afterall 360 is more powerful than most home PC's so for the PS3 to double that i doubt it

yes, it has 1080p support, but like only japanese people and really rich people have 1080p... so theres no point really, and the 360 is more powerful in some parts, and the ps3 is more powerful in some parts

here some quotes:

Just to enter the debate about the RSX (PS3) and Xenon (360) GPUs, the Xenon IS really a unique graphics solution that’s using 2 features that blow the RSX away.

All information about the RSX points to the fact that it is just a slightly modified 7800. In fact, when they were doing those E3 demos they were using an SLI of 2 6800s and were quoted as saying that this will be the roughly the power of the RSX when its completed.

Well since the 7800 is twice as fast as a 6800, it is obvious that they're basically using the same design. Also looking at the specs released, they basically talk about features that already exist in PC cards except for the fact that they have some special bus designed to transfer data to the CELL.

Now lets look at the Xenon, ATI have included 2 features, the 10MB ED Ram, and unified shaders.

10MB ED Ram pretty much means that anti-aliasing is free causing no fps hits at all. So if you're playing 1024 x 768 and you get 60 fps, with 4 x AA at same res you'll still get 60 fps, no loss whatsoever!

Unified shaders are really the big thing about the GPU. With all GPUs on the market today from both ATI and Nvidia, when they say they have a number of pipelines (eg 24) they are really saying that they have 2 pipelines hard coded for either pixel shading or vertex shading.

For example a 24 pipeline might have 8 vertex shaders and 16 pixel shaders. The Problem with this is that if a certain scene on the screen is pixel shader heavy the GPU is flogging the 16 pixel pipeline to render that scene while the 8 vertex pipeline are just sitting around doing nothing.

Now with unified shaders the Xenon actually has a 48 shader unified pipeline that can act as a vertex pipe or pixel pipe at any time. This means that 100% of power is being used ALL the time for each scene displayed. So that if you have a geometry heavy (heaps of polygons) scene, it will turn some or all the pipelines into vertex shaders to handle that load, if the next scene is a pixel heavy scene (heaps of bump maps, specular maps) they'll turn into pixel pipelines.

Summary of the two GPUs:

RSX – 6 vertex pipeline, 18 pixel pipeline

Xenon – 48 unified pipeline.

Pixel heavy Scene

RSX – 18 pipelines processing the scene

Xenon – 48 pipelines processing the scene

Geometry heavy scene

RSX – 6 pipelines processing the scene

Xenon – 48 pipelines processing the scene.

Not only that but if you added Anti Aliasing the RSX would be even slower as it has to process the AA as well as the scene internally.

People complain that the Xbox360 is just a high end PC, why? because it has a CPU, GPU and Hard Drive???

Well as soon as you idiots figure out how to render graphics without those things please let us know, I for one would be very interested.

Also the XBox360 ATI GPU uses technology that IS NOT AVAILABLE anywhere else! so remember that when you see your 7800GT huffing and puffing in your precious PS3

Also, I for one am really happy Sony released those prerendered movies at E3 because all you fanboys are going to feel just as stupid as SOny when the games come out and look and feel nothing like those videos. Infact Sony shold save those videos for E3 when the unveil the PS4 because thats probably when we will see graphics like that redered in real time, in game.

September launch - US : November - Europe : Japan - August/Sept

At least thats what I heard as of late December. I asked directly to someone at a big company when the PS3 will launch and does it have a possibility of launch in March/April and he told me directly that it will come in 3rdQ.

cant wait for ps3

apart from metal gear and hevanly sword what games are coming out on launch?

You honestly think MGS4 will hit launch? I doubt it...

i smell a distant odure of bullshit. A guy from sony...yea is he the cleaner...did he mishear them while cleaning the toliets? did he just make it up to get people talking?? sony havent announced this yet we are supposed to beleive sept from a text message wtf

So when do you think it will be released? September seems a very realistic release date.

So when do you think it will be released? September seems a very realistic release date.

knowing my mate hideo, he will probably release the game here in march 07, and november 06 in the states

UT2007 is not a launch title

Therfore my source has to be wrong on the date. BUT... BBC has a article about the next generation of gaming where Ubisoft head Yves Guillemot makes some educated guesses in the release of the PS3. We think September could be the right time for Sony in the US and November in Europe," said Ubisoft's Mr Guillemot, "Japan a bit earlier, say June or July." he said.

**UPDATE**

As of this morning, January 3rd, 2006, Sony again informed GameSHOUT that the Sony PS3 will be released in May 2006, and that the recent reports of a delay are pure "myths".

http://www.gameshout.com/news/012006/article2274.htm

erm, i've never visited that website before in my life, are you sure i can trust it? two minutes on google and you can find websites which believe the console will be released in 2005 :hmm:

Well, if they relase it in March, Sony are gonna fail, cos Microsoft started production in august 05, and they had hardly and 360s on sale on launch, so.. have sony started production?

The Xbox 360 started production in late aug 05, so about 4 months is what it took to underporduce the systems. So sony better be gearing up to start mass production soon, or there is no way its going to happen.

On an unrealated point, all the CES blue ray DVD players coming out seem to have a price point between $1000 - $1800. So again how much is sony going to be losing on each system? $1000 for each DVD player, it cant be cheaper to make it in to a gaming system.

copied of someone else :P

UT2007 is not a launch title

Therfore my source has to be wrong on the date. BUT... BBC has a article about the next generation of gaming where Ubisoft head Yves Guillemot makes some educated guesses in the release of the PS3. We think September could be the right time for Sony in the US and November in Europe," said Ubisoft's Mr Guillemot, "Japan a bit earlier, say June or July." he said.

**UPDATE**

As of this morning, January 3rd, 2006, Sony again informed GameSHOUT that the Sony PS3 will be released in May 2006, and that the recent reports of a delay are pure "myths".

http://www.gameshout.com/news/012006/article2274.htm

I think september is more likely though...

If nintendo do release the revo in November now, then they're pretty much screwed

Couldnt of put it better my self, this isnt fanboyism casue i love Nintendo, but they fuck things up ALL the time and they do my head in!.

They said about this time last year the Revo will be out be4 the ps3 and new xbox, thats crap, there leveing the full "unvailin" of the controller etc a day before E3, which imo is way to late, i really think flop is in the air, ive been asking EVERYONE what they thought of the Revo, wether it be random games in xbox live, other forums, freinds, and plenty of "causal gamers" and VERY few like the idea.

i hope Ninty have something up there sleve...

I cant believe its going to debut in may, all i've been hearing from developers is the real machine does not exsist, all they've seen is the dev kit and a conceptual design, what the hells going on?

Sign in to follow this