NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Playstation 3 release date

Today i got a message from Sony saying that PS3 wil launch in Europe in September. Price and package is not yet revealed.

I was hoping for it to lauch after Revolution but i guess it will be around september .

Today i got a message from Sony saying that PS3 wil launch in Europe in September. Price and package is not yet revealed.

I was hoping for it to lauch after Revolution but i guess it will be around september .

is this a joke?

September?! I thought it would be March? Still i'm not that bothered to be honest, my brother is buying the PS3 and i'll be getting the Revolution! :hehe:

i know you're a mod and all, but i'll wait for a more reliable source before i believe it. still, i've always expected the launch to be around then anyway.

i know you're a mod and all, but i'll wait for a more reliable source before i believe it. still, i've always expected the launch to be around then anyway.

I agree. I won't beleive it until I see some concrete information. If they do meet that date, then don't expect alot of consoles to be going round, and probably a smaller amount than what we saw with the 360 a few weeks ago.

I can see an early 07 release being more likely, but I'd love to see them manage to get it out in 2006................and I hope they do.

What do you mean you got a message from sony? EMAIL? or what, and why would they message you? Do you work for them or something?

September?! I thought it would be March? Still i'm not that bothered to be honest, my brother is buying the PS3 and i'll be getting the Revolution! :hehe:

March? That was optimistic.

Please no more Christmas console launches especially a sony one i cant afford all these video games you hear me i just cannot!!!

Edit by Fierce_LiNk: Go easy on the capitals.

Well I'm a member of Sony's press center and I haven't recieved any e-mail stating this. :heh:

get your pre-orders in now or face a xmas of ebaying for ps3

jap spring

usa summer

europe winter

The guy who sendt me the message is our contact person with Sony. I don't now how accurate this info is. But the guy who sent me the message told me about the PSP Giga pakcs months before they where officialy announced. September dosen't seem that unbelivable. Even I take this with a grain of salt, I'm just relaying the message i got from the man.

[i work in a gamestore]

I'd say that it is definetly plausable, after all Sony can't let the 360 have too much of a head start. I'm just wondering about the games, they will probably be really rushed.

i smell a distant odure of bullshit. A guy from sony...yea is he the cleaner...did he mishear them while cleaning the toliets? did he just make it up to get people talking?? sony havent announced this yet we are supposed to beleive sept from a text message wtf

If nintendo do release the revo in November now, then they're pretty much screwed

How is that so?

Nintendo even predicted the revolution will launch after the 360 and PS3, so how are they screwed like you say?

Well, screwed may be a little harsh

I mean, by then, someone who may have bought a revolution may have bought a ps3, simply becuse it's there first and they dont know when revo will be about

Then again there is still nintendo's tactic of secondary console

Well, screwed may be a little harsh

I mean, by then, someone who may have bought a revolution may have bought a ps3, simply becuse it's there first and they dont know when revo will be about

Then again there is still nintendo's tactic of secondary console

Are you sure you meant Some one who will be purchasing a revolution may buy a PS3?

Either way, what you said still doesnt make sense with that clear up. If you havent heard nintendo isnt going in direct competition with the other companies, so what will buying a PS3 and a revolution screw up Nintendo? And after you said that, you made what you said more confusing, saying its a tactic from nintendo to be a secondary console. So what is it? A bad move or a good tactic? Because you just contradicted yourself..

At the end of the day, Nintendo atleast wants this to do much better than the gamecube. Nintendo doesnt care if some one buys a revolution and another console, because if they bought a revolution, thats money in Nintendo's pocket. If they buy another console, no money taken or given to Nintendo.

>Back on topic<

Im quite suprised if it actualy will come out in september. The games need to be in all of the european languages before they can go ahead on releasing the system, and im not sure, but if its region encoded new discs need to be made with PAL encoding, not sure whether thats a long or short process, but its still a process that takes time.

We'll wait and see, any one know if theres going to be a conference within the few weeks coming? Because if its being launched in spring, we need info.

i smell a distant odure of bullshit. A guy from sony...yea is he the cleaner...did he mishear them while cleaning the toliets? did he just make it up to get people talking?? sony havent announced this yet we are supposed to beleive sept from a text message wtf

He is the stores official Contact person. He said that he had been told the release date for UT2007 [which is a PS3 lauch game] and therefore was sure the european release would be Septemberish.

Personaly, I wouldn't have any problem seeing it then or maybe earlier. Like always I'm getting the Nintendo and Sony consoles. 360 is that bad that you don't just need to talk about it. Just Final Fantasy is enough to take a PS3 *even though hopes FF will release on REVO as well* Anyway I have a strong feeling we're gonna learn more about it really soon.

This might not mean much but I believe you DiemetriX :)...that was really cheesey, right? :heh:

Anyway, I would want both PS3 and Revo but I doubt I would be able to afford a PS3, maybe a few years down the line yes but right now Revo comes first even though it may be released last :p

Personaly, I wouldn't have any problem seeing it then or maybe earlier. Like always I'm getting the Nintendo and Sony consoles. 360 is that bad that you don't just need to talk about it. Just Final Fantasy is enough to take a PS3 *even though hopes FF will release on REVO as well* Anyway I have a strong feeling we're gonna learn more about it really soon.

for an avid pokemon fan such as yourself, the acclaimed series, Metal Gear Solid should of gotten a mention as well as final fantasy. This will be reported to to the mayor of Cerulean City

and also on PS3updates

You bugger! You made me check the link, and see the GTA London rumour. GTA London is my favourite GTA of all time, I wasn't even considering a PS3, but this may make me reconsider.

On topic

I'll wait for official news, so many rumours pop up about the release of consoles and games its best to wait before getting excited, debating sales etc.

Sign in to follow this