NEurope
LegoMan1031

England Riots

I think tbh my biggest problem with all of this is that I'm not astounded, I'm not massively shocked, I'm just angry at how it's hitting some of the more innocent people/affecting people a bit more personally.

There are so many rumours on Twitter about bits of Bournemouth being looted/on fire, but it seems it's all bull

So apparently, RIM are getting threatened for aiding the police in dealing with this and their Blackberry blog got hacked

http://thenextweb.com/uk/2011/08/09/rims-blackberry-blog-hacked-after-it-cooperates-with-police-over-london-riots/

One person hears something, they tell 5 people, that person tells 5 people. 25 people tell 125 people, other bits get thrown in...etc

Another of my issues with a lot of all of this is the easy talk about it with little facts.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

I think tbh my biggest problem with all of this is that I'm not astounded, I'm not massively shocked, I'm just angry at how it's hitting some of the more innocent people/affecting people a bit more personally.

Same here. Even the local newspaper released a "Riots Special" as if were a positive thing.

We had to bring our bins in (in reality we put them round the back) because rioters may want to use them.

Beeston seems so far out of the way, if any rioters came I kept imagining it would be like this:

Loads of twitter reports of communities standing up for themselves. Sikh's in Southall, a Turkish community in Dalston. And apparently Millwall and Charlton fans protecting Eltham (though I'm guessing some of these boys are hoping something kicks off).

Finally community is making it's stand, which is amazing to see.

Theyve gone too far now. Apparently Forbidden Planet in Manchester has been hit.

lol, it shouldnt but it made me laugh. There are Sikh people stood outside in London protecting their temple, we could have geeks protecting their temple

Rim said they would assist the police by giving details of the times and places people were on Blackberry instant messaging and now they are being threatened by clearly stupid people saying they have access to their database. These people are defending the "innocents who happened to be on blackberry messaging because the police will want to arrest everyone without proof" by saying they will release the details of all rim employees if they help the police :p Such stupid people.

Loads of twitter reports of communities standing up for themselves. Sikh's in Southall, a Turkish community in Dalston. And apparently Millwall and Charlton fans protecting Eltham (though I'm guessing some of these boys are hoping something kicks off).

Finally community is making it's stand, which is amazing to see.

I can't help but doubt the motivations of the ones in eltham. Traditionally racist area plus millwall fans ain't exactly the most tolerant of people neither? Sounds like oppurtunists just as bad as the looters to me.

(before anyone thinks it, I'm not just saying it cos I'm brown)

http://twitpic.com/63kvp8

Someone's a bit thick.

I can't help but doubt the motivations of the ones in eltham. Traditionally racist area plus millwall fans ain't exactly the most tolerant of people neither? Sounds like oppurtunists just as bad as the looters to me.

(before anyone thinks it, I'm not just saying it cos I'm brown)

You're probably right, hence my brackets in the post.

Crazy on Sky News just then, reporter in Manchester just interviewing one of the rioters live. Guy just said hes out there to piss off the police because they nick you for stupid things and because he wants to make money.

Complete and utter idiot.

Confirmed looting in my town. Also the petrol station had switched to night pay really early. I was actually a bit uncomfortable as I'm used to the petrol station being empty at this time of night but there were queues everywhere. (No looting going on there though)

Edited by Ten10
Image expired

well no rioting here, although I do live in a small village in Wales....but this is just crazy, this is the most destressing thing that has happened to this country in living memory for me. I know you might say the london bombings was more destressing but this is just madness, people are destroying other peoples livelihoods because they can and they dont care of the consequences because they think they can get away with murder. Utter disbelief at what has happened over ther last 3 or 4 days

They had to close the Bletchley tesco store. All staff sent home. Aunt just told me me my cousin was locked in the store with the manager (had no lift) about 50 rioters total. 5 policemen and 1 helicopter showed up. People then dispersed.

This is insane.... its pretty much ALL the internet is talking about at the moment..

I bet if Belfast had a riot, it would barely even feature in the paper.. lol

At least phone cameras are doing something useful. There's a video of the chav who set the Miss Selfridges in Manchester on fire. He'll likely get a good few years for that.

A certain Guy Hodge has just been mentioned by a friend of mine over Facebook due to a certain CEX joke.

Small world!

Haha! I also realised I'd put stafford not Salford. Silly me.

I just have a way with words, can you tell?

edit: http://www.manchesterconfidential.co.uk/News/Riot-Rumour-Manchester-Under-Threat

Incidentally, Stafford did kick off this evening, so you weren't far wrong. It's no Manchester, but it's bad. Minimal looting, no arson but lots of vandalism and police/ambulance workers have been attacked. It's kids. They need a good beating tbh. We were stopped by police and warned not to get involved. They said they are dealing with the situation and they could really do without vigilanteism, so go about enjoying the evening but keep away from any trouble.

Edited by McPhee

You've chosen to highlight and crop a certain section of his post very carefully there Daft, although not carefully enough.

He says mass immigration, not immigration itself. He goes on to say how this mass immigration probably isn't controlled as well as it should be and he does say that immigration is a good thing.

Why you chose to ignore all that is beyond me.

...oh no it isn't, you and Zechs blatantly don't get along. But still, when he gives reasons and validates points you could at least be mindful enough to shut your daft mouth.

Chill lady. I'm flitting with insomnia so my bad. Still, anyone who uses the term 'bleeding heart liberals' needs their face checked with a speeding bus.

Chill lady. I'm flitting with insomnia so my bad. Still, anyone who uses the term 'bleeding heart liberals' needs their face checked with a speeding bus.

I'd consider myself to be pretty liberal and so I see your point in that, but I also think your careful editing of his post is equally twattish.

It's like you're just trying to get a rise out of him... which is frankly boring these days seeing as you do it so much.

as it's spread outside London, I thought I'd update the title to keep it current :heh:

If anything, it was very very calm in London last night. Most of the issues were Manchester & Birmingham with a few isolated problems in a variety of other places.

I think they may be starting to realise that what they did was wrong.

A shopping centre in Nottingham got a bit of a battering but the stores affected still opened. We got told the Primark near us was on fire but that rumour was informed as false.

We've had to remix stuff at work to make it safe in case any rioters show up.

What bit of the shopping centre was that? I have a house in Lenton (go to Uni in notts) and was shocked the hear Canning Circus got petrol bombed.