NEurope
LegoMan1031

England Riots

So I just heard that GTA is being blamed for this.

And Twitter too

Edited by Serebii

Even more sickening is that there's blatantly a media blackout on the matter too.

There was a blackout on my street the other day. The Police soon caught him though.

Well if you set it up right they are!

It's like Facebook, i am amazed the amount of people which don't have privacy settings set up so other people can't see what they are saying!

Do you really expect that much from people who go around rioting?

...aaaaand it's go time. Apparently they've started early today, there's already reports coming out of Hackney about clashes between Police and groups of youths.

Edited by McPhee

This is winding me up so much, people (yoofs) think they can just go around taking stuff, ruining peoples businesses they work so hard to set up, burning down houses people have worked there lives for. Bunch of dicks.

I hope some vigilante group is set up and they get there heads actually smashed in!!

Edited by James

Even more sickening is that there's blatantly a media blackout on the matter too.

I'm pretty sure it's all over the news. Unless you mean the story about the bloke who was shot by police. Then I'll concede there's a lack of coverage on that.

This is winding me up so much, people (yoofs) think they can just go around taking stuff, ruining peoples businesses they work so hard to set up, burning down houses people have worked there lives for. Bunch of dicks.

I hope some vigilante group is set up and they get there heads actually smashed in!!

I'd settle for a 300% increase in Police dogs and a 100% decrease in dog leads. That would do the trick. I'm betting it's a whole lot less funny when 85lbs of German Shepard pounces on you and then drags you away by the ankles.

The tweets from people supporting these riots make me cringe. It seems that this evening is the Police's fault for using stop and search on "innocent" youths who just "happened" to be gathered in Hackney in large numbers on a Monday afternoon. They were planning on being peaceful of course, it was the police that set them off again :indeed:

Edited by McPhee

It seems like this is starting up again. Everyone is going mad on twitter. IN Hackey now.

So I just heard that GTA is being blamed for this.

And Twitter too

Read an article earlier (forget where) proposing that BBM is actually more to blame due to cheaper costs of (some) blackberries, ability to have it more private etc.

Anyway changed the thread title as it seemed appropriate given that its now spread.

I'm pretty sure it's all over the news. Unless you mean the story about the bloke who was shot by police. Then I'll concede there's a lack of coverage on that.

Live footage was supposedly disallowed the last two nights which seems to fit well with the fact that they only seemed to show user submitted clips.

It has been incredibly downplayed until now, many people I know in London have been telling me just how nuts it was. There's an incident involving a 16 year old girl being beaten by police that's supposedly being taken to the IPCC too that took place in the first night if I believe correctly, I've yet to hear that on the news too surprisingly.

Live footage was supposedly disallowed the last two nights which seems to fit well with the fact that they only seemed to show user submitted clips.

It has been incredibly downplayed until now, many people I know in London have been telling me just how nuts it was. There's an incident involving a 16 year old girl being beaten by police that's supposedly being taken to the IPCC too that took place in the first night if I believe correctly, I've yet to hear that on the news too surprisingly.

I get what you're saying, but the problem with situations like this there is so many skirmishes and outbreaks. It's hard for the media to confirm these events really took place. The nature of the beast is they don't want to put these rioters on a pedestal.

Am I the only one thinking of an "Escape from New York" scenario where they just build a wall round the whole thing, place armed troops on the wall, then just leave them to it?

Seriously, I could live with it.

Am I the only one thinking of an "Escape from New York" scenario where they just build a wall round the whole thing, place armed troops on the wall, then just leave them to it?

Seriously, I could live with it.

I think we should, given moving the innocents out first.

I hope people in the area will be ok, I know a few are nearby and getting a bit nervous. :(:hmm:

The media aren't covering it, but it's kicking off across Birmingham apparently. If this goes on through the night and the police can't crack down on it then Parliament needs to be recalled tomorrow and they need to think seriously about declaring a state of emergency. The police are clearly outmatched. Their dawn raids plan might be effective at getting arrests, but it's not doing anything to quell the unrest. They need help.

I was kidding.

Pretending to be the black guy.

Ah, my bad.

The media aren't covering it, but it's kicking off across Birmingham apparently.

I have got sky news on and they have 'mentioned' Birmingham but yeah they are not covering it.

This shit is just stupid and enraging! Surely it can't get any worse?

Watching it on the bbc news, the images in croydon are horrifying, people houses on fire, not enough police, etc, something need to be done ASAP.

What happened to the days of tear gas and water cannons to disperse crowds, get a few rubber bullets thrown in for good measure as well.

What happened to the days of tear gas and water cannons to disperse crowds, get a few rubber bullets thrown in for good measure as well.
I think the Police should be allowed to go hardcore on those rioting! Really!!

The police need to remind society what they are there to do... they've been far too soft on this sort of things lately.

These fuckers need a wake up call and the police need to put some fear back in. Use all of the above, police dogs, batons, whatever... they can't just get away with ruining society like this.

The SAS in there, the fuckers will soon beg for mercy.

If this carries on much longer I wouldn't at all be surprised if the IOC said fuck your Olympics.

Police are deliberately being soft to highlight the fact that falling police numbers is not a good idea to the Government IMO.

I just can't believe the lack of the response from the Government and how fingers are being pointed at the communication methods available to kids these days. Instead of blaming the blatant opportunism that has been heavily enforced by recent times in the economy and falling standards of living, the former met police commander that was interviewed on the BBC was quick to blame social networks like Twitter and BBM.

It just feels that they're deliberately letting this slide so they can take tighter control over some aspects of communication. Surely the police and the government aren't this stupid?

Just heard some irish guy describing it on BBC NEWS, give that man a job, gave it from a real citizen's point of view.

Also, these are apparently being spread around to rioters: 21cxauf.jpg Not sure if true though.

Just heard some irish guy describing it on BBC NEWS, give that man a job, gave it from a real citizen's point of view.

Also, these are apparently being spread around to rioters: 21cxauf.jpg Not sure if true though.

These are generic leaflets apparently used in bristol a few months ago and the student protests.

Sky news are just reporting that the PM has finally got off his arse and is flying back from his holiday overnight, hosting some meeting in the morning to 'talk'.