NEurope
LegoMan1031

England Riots

So i am sure most of you have probably heard the news about the riot last night.

It seems to have stemed from a male being shot dead by police on thursday after a police officer was shot by the man. A small protest was outside a police station demanding answers etc (which was a bit silly considering the IPCC would have to investigate this - which would be normal considering police have killed a man so it is automatic that they look into it to check 'all was done lawfully', and would take time).

One thing lead to another and ended with two police cars, a london bus, another vehicles, buildings with businesses/flats all set alight, other businesses were looted etc etc. Police officers and other people injured and had to be taken to hospital.

16045091.jpg

16045167.jpg

16045184.jpg

16045177.jpg

16045083.jpg

16045060.jpg

400x375.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16045049

So what are peoples views on this?

We don't even know the full story on the shooting yet anyway, but what was the point in this riot? I just don't understand that people feel the need to throw petrol bombs around, peoples flats and businesses are all gone now!

Edited by Mike1988uk

I don't think anyone really knows the full story about the shooting yet.

I was watching the Counsel Leader and MP talk on the BBC and heard all the heckling...

But I don't understand why people are so crazy about this guy dying...

They found his gun at the scene?

So he was carrying?

If you carry guns around with you then... what the fuck do you expect?

I dunno.

Best to wait for the IPCC to report I suppose.

Also those riots were fucked up/pointless.

Some idiots will find any excuse to cause trouble. The think they can get away with it. There will be arrests.

I have a few friends in the police, so I really had seeing any violence towards them for no reason. It was like those embarrassing student riots. Any effort to get the point across that people weren't happy were spoiled instantly by some trouble makers just wanting to have a bunch up with any policeman.

So from what we know, it sounds like a policeman killed someone in self defense. And that warrants destroying a bus, putting people out of work and destroy people's homes?

The news this morning said that the guy actually took a shot at a policeman but the bullet got lodged in his radio. If thats true and they returned fire then I dont see a problem here.

Either way though, rioting was in no way justified and id say the original shooting was probably just more of an excuse than anything.

On the day when the guy was shot there was some people from the community talking about him for the camera.

One guy was saying that if two people were fighting that he was the man who could stop it.

Saying that he'd help out people who were struggling when the government wouldn't do anything.

He would sort out community problems and arguments.

To be honest he ended up sounding like a gangster-type figure who had sway over a community.

But I didn't want to immediately take that as fact.

It didn't help that the guy saying this was straight up GANGSTAAAAA.

Whatever the reason for the initial protest whenever you have a protest there is certian to be people there with no real interest in protesting peacfully and just want to act like dicks and cause trouble. Same with the Northern Ireland riots few weeks ago.

I saw on Sky News this morning shots of people looting cause the cops were so busy they thought it would be easy to get away with it. I wouldn't be surprised if a group of people said "right, X number of us cause trouble up that end keep the cops busy, the rest of you hit the shops"

Reminiscent of the Vancouver riots back in June. Rioting for the sake of it, though I suppose this case is slightly more worthy than rioting because a hockey game was lost.

One thing I never understood about things like this it that all that these people are doing is destroying their area they live in and turning it into an unpleasant place.

One thing I never understood about things like this it that all that these people are doing is destroying their area they live in and turning it into an unpleasant place.

Yeah i was thinking the same, that was probably some of their local shops gone and it looked like there was several take-a-ways on that street etc!

The looting wasn't exactly looting, it was more like organised crime. Just think how many vans/large vehicles you'd need to totally clear out a Comet and a PC World! I reckon the people who kicked off the riot obviously were in cahoots with those who orchestrated the clear out of the stores.

All over a guy who opened fire on a cop and got what was coming to him!

It wasn't Kurtle taking his frustrations out was it??

Anyway, to be fair i think that what-ever the rioters were doing to prove a point havn't proven anything. Except that our police are soft, where was the riot police??. Where were the water cannons, the tear gas etc. This got way out of hand, and everyone who was involved in rioting should be made to pay the damage done to get things repaired. Thats my opinion.

But Britain being what it is, they won't get the rioters to pay the damage. They'll get away with a few sentances etc, and thats about it. I feel sorry for every single person left homeless because of this riot. No homes to go to, just because some peeps want to prove a point. All over some guy who was shot dead after opening up on a policeman.

Reminiscent of the Vancouver riots back in June. Rioting for the sake of it, though I suppose this case is slightly more worthy than rioting because a hockey game was lost.

I was talking to my cousin (who lives in Vancouver and was actually down the street from the riots that happened there) the other day. According to her, a ton of the people who were rioting had actually come to riot, not to watch the game. They were well prepared, wearing T-Shirts saying that they were "only there to riot" under their other clothes, and the truck that was set on fire was apparently brought into the area for the sole purpose of setting it on fire to get everybody in the mood. So really, it had nothing to do with the hockey game.

There are certainly legitimate reasons to riot (although never to destroy private property or injure anyone). The sort of people who like to riot however seem to not even be aware of those particular issues and just do it for the sake of it. I don't think we really have enough information about this particular incident (Yesterday's riot) to say for certain what happened, but it was probably either a similar situation, or possibly a bunch of degenerates who immediately came to the conclusion that because a cop had shot someone the cop must have been in the wrong and that they needed to avenge their fellow degenerate.

The BBC article on the riots seemed to suggest that racial tensions between a certain group of residents in the area and the police had something to do with the whole thing. In the US riots have been known to start up for that reason, so I suppose it would be a possibility in the UK as well.

Edited by Emasher

Just watching the news now, looks like more trouble tonight but no where near as bad, in Enfield (i don't know London but i am assuming it isn't far from Tottenham).

Riot Police were already out in force, some looting was done again tonight though and another police car damaged + buildings. Although as the police were better in numbers they seem to have made some arrests in relation too tonights actions.

16045415.jpg

:shakehead

Its a few miles away.

Also reports (by that I mean tweets because lets face it, it's where you get news from nowadays) of Brixton and Westfields shopping centre. Probably other places too.

http://twitpic.com/62m6nx

Not exactly a smart move I dare say.

Enfield is the borough just north of Haringey where Tottenham is.

(Took too long to reply, Ashley beat me)

Aw man I thought my tweets were private.

Well if you set it up right they are!

It's like Facebook, i am amazed the amount of people which don't have privacy settings set up so other people can't see what they are saying!

Its a few miles away.

Also reports (by that I mean tweets because lets face it, it's where you get news from nowadays) of Brixton and Westfields shopping centre. Probably other places too.

http://twitpic.com/62m6nx

Not exactly a smart move I dare say.

You'd think he'd have at least looted a decent camera

Well if you set it up right they are!

It's like Facebook, i am amazed the amount of people which don't have privacy settings set up so other people can't see what they are saying!

I was kidding.

Pretending to be the black guy.

It's a real fucking shame, people are starting to get greedier than usual because of how bad our economic situation is. It's fucking sickening how they're tarnishing the original cause for the backlash which is a man who died in suspicious circumstances.

The police story doesn't add up yet again, but hey, it isn't as suspicious as the death of Smiley Culture.

I hope the fuckers who went looting get caught, it's sickening how they make use of stories like this. Even more sickening is that there's blatantly a media blackout on the matter too.