NEurope
Claire

Disney

Where's the Peter Pan love everybody? Always has been my favourite, even if others may technically be better. I've just never wanted to grow up.

Absolutely love Disney, been to the Florida parks 3 times and Paris 7 times. Desperate to go again, haven't been for 3 years.

I've always liked Peter Pan, but it's never quite been a favourite, I love Captain Cook, but Peter annoys me slightly.

I'm also a Pocahontas fan, good songs too! :bouncy:

Here is my Disney DVD collection so far. It is a work in progress. I used to own nearly all the Disney films on video but then the VHS player died. :(:eek:

And I will read this thread properly after The Killing. I didn't think it would be as popular. :blush:

262887_10150331876326469_664916468_10063458_1068358_n.jpg

71948_487643306468_664916468_7473406_4605197_n.jpg

Have you read Don Rosa's unofficial sequels?

The Three Caballeros Ride Again

The Magnificent Seven (Minus 4) Caballeros

I haven't watched the movie so I don't know how the comics stack up, but Don Rosa is always worth reading. :smile:

I did read them already, thank you :smile:

The fact that Zé Carioca randomly swears in Portuguese is incredibly jarring, though. It would be for any Disney character, anyway.

Wait are we doing the 'us with Disney characters' thing?

n536116492_2367179_6767069.jpg

Also while I was there (Tokyo Disneyland) the Peter Pan was ridiculously attractive. Like, inappropriately so all things considered.

(Mr-Paul was that the Peter Pan love you were looking for?)

I need to watch Tarzan tomorrow. A lot of my Disney movies (all on VHS, except Snow White which I have on DVD) haven't been touched in many many years, but I have tried to rewatch a coupld over the last few years when I get a Disney twang. Tarzan is next. Listening to the soundtrack now and remembering I loved it.

A bit old, but add this to the things that can't be unseen category from Cinderella.

Anal beads in a Disney movie.

gus.jpg

I can't watch this scene anymore without thinking of this

The Muses in Hercules don't get enough recognition.

I always forget about the film too. I liked it. It had a nice aesthetic to it.

I loved this song.

Edited by Paj!

The thing I don't like about Hercules is the CGI Hydra. It's really, really dated the film, while most other Disney films are quite timeless.

Beauty And The Beast is the film I've seen most in my life. Must have watched it 20 times or so. I love.

If we're doing 'us with Disney Characters' then tonight is going to be awesome for me.

It's my girlfriends birthday today and we're going to town dressed as Disney Characters.

So far confirmed is Minnie Mouse, Alice, The Mad Hatter, Aladdin, Jasmine, Hook, Queen Of Hearts, Buzz Lightyear.

a few others haven't commented on what they're going as.

I'm going as Jack Skellington :)

I love Hercules. I agree that the Hydra bit is dated, however I do like all the 90s references. My other favourites have to be Toy Story (all three), The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.

My favourite non Disney films are FernGully, The Prince of Egypt and Antz. :)

Oh by the way, major shit is going down with The Lion King. If you've noticed, there are no Lion King dvds or Blurays to be found in the shops, that's cos Disney have withdrawn it from sale. They are working on a huge Lion King project for its re-release. It's going to be re-released in cinemas! The bad news... in 3D. Blah.

They're doing what they always do with their films discontinue them to create a demand 5-10 years down the line.

But fuuuuuuuuuuuu Disney I want it now!

Yeah Disney always do this. They only do limited releases of films. The Disney Vault? It's ACTUALLY real. They keep all the films in there until they rerelease them. I know this to be true. :P

Edited by Hamishmash

Never thought much of the direct to dvd movies

I've always thought of Nintendo as the Disney of videogames. Both are aimed towards kids/everyone and both have a great reputation for quality products.

My top ten animated disney movies( non pixar)

1: Lion King

2: Hunchback of notre Dame

3: Aladdin

4: The emperor's new groove

5: Mulan

6: Beauty and the beast

7: Sleeping beauty

8: Robin Hood

9: Lady and the tramp

10: Snow White

I love hunchback for being the darkest disney movie to date. It's also incredibly underrated.

and the emperor's new groove is incredibly funny and wacky.. Both these movies are different from the usual Disney animated affair..

I never took to Hercules and the little mermaid

They're doing what they always do with their films discontinue them to create a demand 5-10 years down the line.

But fuuuuuuuuuuuu Disney I want it now!

Only 2 months to wait!

I don't know why people get so het up about them adding 3D on. It will be optional when it comes to home releases. If anything its a way of them justifying the re-release.

my favourite movie of all-time is A Goofy Movie. Funny every time

I forgot about that movie, that was amazing. That is up there with Hercules, so many good reminders in this thread :D

Didn't the guy who plays Homer Simpson voice the genie in the Aladdin sequels?

Didn't the guy who plays Homer Simpson voice the genie in the Aladdin sequels?

From Wikipedia:

[The Return of Jafar] was the first and only Aladdin full-length production without the original voice of Genie, Robin Williams. He was replaced by Dan Castellaneta, who also voiced the Genie in the animated series as well as in Kingdom Hearts and is also best known for voicing Homer Simpson. Williams returned as the Genie in Aladdin and the King of Thieves.