NEurope
Claire

Disney

I love Disney... always have always will and I was very lucky to get the opportunity to go to Florida last year and I got to go to Disney's Magic Kingdom, which was a dream come true! So.. what is your favourite Disney film or character?

I love all the classic princess films, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast etc. They are best watched on your day off, in bed on a cold, rainy day with a cup of tea!

My favourite character would have to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast and Minnie Mouse of course!

I love the oldskool Disneys, the 2D ones that is. I look forward to any new traditional animation they make, although I missed the Princess and the frog unfortunately (and I guess Winnie the Pooh, that really didn’t have much exposure).

My favourite would be Lilo & Stitch.

It makes me a little sad to realise the Disney era is over (in the traditional animation sense of course), it always used to be a big happening when there was a new Disney animation out. I should still have my tickets to Alladin and The lion king and such lying around.

Lion King is definately my favourite film, love it!

Got to see the musical in NY last year and that was great too!

Aladdin and Beauty & the Beast are my other favs from the classics.

Toy Story of course from the newer stuff!

I do wonder whether Disneyland has the same impact nowadays. When I (you/we) were growing up Disney cartoon were on ALL the time... but I don't think they are now really are they!

But yeah, I was lucky to go when I was little and it's was SO great, getting my autograph book signed/meeting them all! :D

Pluto and Chip and Dale were pretty great!

Oh yeah, about the cartoons.. I guess all the shorts are fantastic, from all the series, I think I like Ducktales the best. I don’t consider the Pixar stuff Disney though. And I have no interest of ever visiting any of the Themeparks.

Claire, you should meet my girlfriend, she loves disney as well!

Everytime we walk into asda she goes to that section and considers buying another one of the classics!

I must admit i have watched some and have enjoyed! Toy Story etc! Watched more recent ones as well such as Wall-E and The Incredibles which were cool!

I reckon my favourite has to be between Aladdin, Mary Poppins and Hercules. Not quite as fond of the older animated classics. Dick Van Dyke's british accent is so fucking retarded though.

I reckon my favourite has to be between Aladdin, Mary Poppins and Hercules. Not quite as fond of the older animated classics. Dick Van Dyke's british accent is so fucking retarded though.

73478_455599969729_625494729_5230825_3931193_n.jpg

Yeah um... I like Disney. Like I like Disney a whole lot.

Here is my current DVD collection (excluding most of the Pixar films I own)

tumblr_lpdgoe4QVq1qaczz9o1_500.jpg

Yeah. I like Disney. Today I was singing "Colours of the Wind" (one of the best songs ever) on loop while cooking.

I've never been to any of the Parks. I'd love to though...

My excuse is I'm an animation student and I own a lot of animated films. But yeah... Disney is great.

My top ones?

Probably...

The Jungle Book

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Beauty and the Beast

Robin Hood

Pinocchio

But it changes all the time.

Hello Claire, I'm Dazz, possibly one of the biggest Disney fans going, nice to meet you! :D

I love all Disney movies but my favourites are definitely Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, The Fox and the Hound, Mulan, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Peter Pan, Return to Neverland, The Little Mermaid, Oliver and Company, Cinderella, The Jungle Book, Hercules and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

My top three being Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Was literally humming Hellfire at work today. So dark and emotional yet so catchy.

Hello Claire, I'm Dazz, possibly one of the biggest Disney fans going, nice to meet you! :D

I love all Disney movies but my favourites are definitely Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, The Fox and the Hound, Mulan, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Peter Pan, Return to Neverland, The Little Mermaid, Oliver and Company, Cinderella, The Jungle Book, Hercules and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

My top three being Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Was literally humming Hellfire at work today. So dark and emotional yet so catchy.

Hunchback is a masterpiece. I know a lot of them are masterpieces but if Hunchback wasn't a Disney film I think it would be so much more revered. Hellfire is my favourite Disney song I think. Just perfect.

A while ago I made this character select screen for a Disney Smash Bros called "Disney's Royal Rumble"

disney__s_royal_rumble_by_spune-d3j6xmb.jpg

if you wish upon a star that is…

This "screenshot" is about 1% my own work and I don't for a second claim to own the rights to any Disney character, or intend to use them for my own personal gain. This is a wholly fan-made piece and is only done out of love for Disney, and it's wealth of wonderful characters.

NOW!

Disney’s Royal Rumble! 37 characters from Walt Disney’s 50 Animated Classics come together to prove who’s the most classic of all!

Maleficent, Ursula, Jafar, Scar and Captain Hook formed an allegiance and discovered the Magic Vault… an enchanted safe containing the original artwork of all the Disney heroes. With the originals, they can create evil copies in order to take over all the worlds in the Disney Universe.

But there is one piece of artwork inside… a drawing of demonic face… but to be resurrected it must be taken to Bald Mountain…

Play as Mickey Mouse, Aladdin, Peter Pan and a variety of other heroes in order to stop their wicked mission!

With 25 levels accompanied by all the most famous songs from your favourite films, this is one brawl that Disney fans can’t afford to miss!

STARTING CHARACTERS

Mickey Mouse - an all rounder.

Donald Duck - an all rounder with a hectic style.

Goofy - slow and clumsy, but powerful when on target.

Pete - very powerful but inaccurate.

Snow White - similar to Cpt. Olimar from Smash Bros... uses her seven dwarfs in battle.

Dumbo - standard fighter with unique flying abilities.

Aladdin - uses the magic carpet to jump higher and the genie for most of his attacks.

Peter Pan - almost always floating, quite slippery.

Ariel - can change between mermaid and human forms for different attacks.

Winnie the Pooh - slow but sturdy. Uses honey and honey pots a lot.

SECRET CHARACTERS

Minnie Mouse - similar to Mickey.

Daisy Duck - similar to Donald.

Fairy Godmother - Magical transformation powers and teleports.

Merlin - variation of Godmother.

Maleficent - dark magic, and dragon transformation attack.

Pinocchio - clumsy but fast.

Ursula - Surprisingly fast but slippery.

The Beast - powerful, fast but inaccurate.

Simba - an all rounder.

Scar - similar to Simba, but with more power and less speed.

Timon + Pumbaa - control Pumbaa with Timon riding and attacking.

Jafar - similar to Maleficent but with a lot of visual variation.

Pocahontas - some magic moves, very athletic with huge jumping abilities.

Mulan - expert sword fighter.

Stitch - crazy attacks involving lasers and a variety of limbs.

Quasimodo - tough and acrobatic.

Hercules - super strong but with slow attacks.

Tarzan - fast attacks and very acrobatic.

Robin Hood - long range attacks and acrobatic.

Cheshire Cat - a variety of bizarre attacks, including disappearing.

Cpt. Hook - similar to Mulan but with a more hectic style.

Tigger - constantly bouncing which can disorientate the opponent, but also the user if untrained.

Rapunzel - whip-like hair, lots of long range attacks (and frying pan).

Woody - appears on the screen at about half height to most characters. Dashing madly.

Buzz Lightyear - appears on the screen at about half height to most characters. Lasers, flight (or... falling with style).

The Incredibles - Swap between Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Violet and Dash... with Jack Jack being the final attack.

WALL-E - slow but sturdy... can compact it's enemies.

LEVELS

1 - The Steam Boat (Steam Boat Willy)

2 - Mad Hatter's Tea Party (Alice in Wonderland)

3 - King Louis's Palace (The Jungle Book)

4 - O'Malley's Pad (The Aristocats, with occasional visits from 101 Dalmations and Lady and the Tramp)

5 - Snow White's Cottage (Snow White and the Seven Dwafs)

6 - Dumbo's Circus (Dumbo)

7 - Pride Rock (The Lion King)

8 - The Emperor's Palace (Mulan)

9 - The Cave of Wonders (Aladdin)

10 - The East Wing (Beauty and the Beast)

11 - Gepetto's Workshop (Pinocchio)

12 - The Bayou (The Princess and the Frog)

13 - Mount Olympus and the Underworld (Hercules)

14 - New York (Oliver & Company)

15 - Charming's Castle (Cinderella)

16 - The Feast of Fools (The Hunchback of Notre Damme)

17 - Maleficent's Castle (Sleeping Beauty)

18 - The Hundred Ache Wood (The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh)

19 - Hook's Ship (Peter Pan)

20 - The Snuggly Duckling (Tangled)

21 - Sunnyside (Toy Story 3)

22 - Under the Sea (The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Pinoccho)

23 - Edna's Testing Facility (The Incredibles)

24 - The Trash Tower (WALL-E)

25 - Bald Mountain (Fantasia)

The Horned King, Dr. Facilier, Basil the Great Mouse Detective, Bolt and more appear as "Assist Trophies" and there are a variet of modes and items too!

I'm screaming. I JUST put on Part of Your World from Little Mermaid after rewatching it yesterday/the fact it is my -childhood- movie, and came to N-E with the intention of making a Disney thread. Or rather Disney music thread, but same thing.

Little Mermaid is surely one of Disney's musical triumphs. Along with Lion King et al. But few reach the euphoric heights. Every song is orgasmic.

I could sing along perfectly to Part of your World and Poor Unfortunate Souls. Respect Me.

The REPRISE. (I even made the wave sounds) Goosebumps. Everything. Life.

And the little melody she sings as her voice is stolen. So ingrained in my memory.

One of the few Disney films where the 'sidekicks' weren't annoying. Sebastian and Scuttle made me lol even now. Flounder is the least, but Ariel needs a friend, so you deal.

I'm listening to the soundtrack on Spotify right now. <3

I love Disney. Been to Disneyworld in Florida 6 times but am still desperate to go again.

Hunchback is a masterpiece. I know a lot of them are masterpieces but if Hunchback wasn't a Disney film I think it would be so much more revered. Hellfire is my favourite Disney song I think. Just perfect.

A while ago I made this character select screen for a Disney Smash Bros called "Disney's Royal Rumble"

disney__s_royal_rumble_by_spune-d3j6xmb.jpg

if you wish upon a star that is…

This "screenshot" is about 1% my own work and I don't for a second claim to own the rights to any Disney character, or intend to use them for my own personal gain. This is a wholly fan-made piece and is only done out of love for Disney, and it's wealth of wonderful characters.

NOW!

Disney’s Royal Rumble! 37 characters from Walt Disney’s 50 Animated Classics come together to prove who’s the most classic of all!

Maleficent, Ursula, Jafar, Scar and Captain Hook formed an allegiance and discovered the Magic Vault… an enchanted safe containing the original artwork of all the Disney heroes. With the originals, they can create evil copies in order to take over all the worlds in the Disney Universe.

But there is one piece of artwork inside… a drawing of demonic face… but to be resurrected it must be taken to Bald Mountain…

Play as Mickey Mouse, Aladdin, Peter Pan and a variety of other heroes in order to stop their wicked mission!

With 25 levels accompanied by all the most famous songs from your favourite films, this is one brawl that Disney fans can’t afford to miss!

STARTING CHARACTERS

Mickey Mouse - an all rounder.

Donald Duck - an all rounder with a hectic style.

Goofy - slow and clumsy, but powerful when on target.

Pete - very powerful but inaccurate.

Snow White - similar to Cpt. Olimar from Smash Bros... uses her seven dwarfs in battle.

Dumbo - standard fighter with unique flying abilities.

Aladdin - uses the magic carpet to jump higher and the genie for most of his attacks.

Peter Pan - almost always floating, quite slippery.

Ariel - can change between mermaid and human forms for different attacks.

Winnie the Pooh - slow but sturdy. Uses honey and honey pots a lot.

SECRET CHARACTERS

Minnie Mouse - similar to Mickey.

Daisy Duck - similar to Donald.

Fairy Godmother - Magical transformation powers and teleports.

Merlin - variation of Godmother.

Maleficent - dark magic, and dragon transformation attack.

Pinocchio - clumsy but fast.

Ursula - Surprisingly fast but slippery.

The Beast - powerful, fast but inaccurate.

Simba - an all rounder.

Scar - similar to Simba, but with more power and less speed.

Timon + Pumbaa - control Pumbaa with Timon riding and attacking.

Jafar - similar to Maleficent but with a lot of visual variation.

Pocahontas - some magic moves, very athletic with huge jumping abilities.

Mulan - expert sword fighter.

Stitch - crazy attacks involving lasers and a variety of limbs.

Quasimodo - tough and acrobatic.

Hercules - super strong but with slow attacks.

Tarzan - fast attacks and very acrobatic.

Robin Hood - long range attacks and acrobatic.

Cheshire Cat - a variety of bizarre attacks, including disappearing.

Cpt. Hook - similar to Mulan but with a more hectic style.

Tigger - constantly bouncing which can disorientate the opponent, but also the user if untrained.

Rapunzel - whip-like hair, lots of long range attacks (and frying pan).

Woody - appears on the screen at about half height to most characters. Dashing madly.

Buzz Lightyear - appears on the screen at about half height to most characters. Lasers, flight (or... falling with style).

The Incredibles - Swap between Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Violet and Dash... with Jack Jack being the final attack.

WALL-E - slow but sturdy... can compact it's enemies.

LEVELS

1 - The Steam Boat (Steam Boat Willy)

2 - Mad Hatter's Tea Party (Alice in Wonderland)

3 - King Louis's Palace (The Jungle Book)

4 - O'Malley's Pad (The Aristocats, with occasional visits from 101 Dalmations and Lady and the Tramp)

5 - Snow White's Cottage (Snow White and the Seven Dwafs)

6 - Dumbo's Circus (Dumbo)

7 - Pride Rock (The Lion King)

8 - The Emperor's Palace (Mulan)

9 - The Cave of Wonders (Aladdin)

10 - The East Wing (Beauty and the Beast)

11 - Gepetto's Workshop (Pinocchio)

12 - The Bayou (The Princess and the Frog)

13 - Mount Olympus and the Underworld (Hercules)

14 - New York (Oliver & Company)

15 - Charming's Castle (Cinderella)

16 - The Feast of Fools (The Hunchback of Notre Damme)

17 - Maleficent's Castle (Sleeping Beauty)

18 - The Hundred Ache Wood (The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh)

19 - Hook's Ship (Peter Pan)

20 - The Snuggly Duckling (Tangled)

21 - Sunnyside (Toy Story 3)

22 - Under the Sea (The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Pinoccho)

23 - Edna's Testing Facility (The Incredibles)

24 - The Trash Tower (WALL-E)

25 - Bald Mountain (Fantasia)

The Horned King, Dr. Facilier, Basil the Great Mouse Detective, Bolt and more appear as "Assist Trophies" and there are a variet of modes and items too!

....for the love of God, MAKE THIS GAME!

(Yes. Hunchback of Notre Dame. WTF. I love. So powerful. Come on religious persecution. Not even shying away from. I watched a few months ago and it's brilliant. So dark. Hellfire. Yes mm yes.)

I'm screaming. I JUST put on Part of Your World from Little Mermaid after rewatching it yesterday/the fact it is my -childhood- movie, and came to N-E with the intention of making a Disney thread. Or rather Disney music thread, but same thing.

Little Mermaid is surely one of Disney's musical triumphs. Along with Lion King et al. But few reach the euphoric heights. Every song is orgasmic.

I could sing along perfectly to Part of your World and Poor Unfortunate Souls. Respect Me.

The REPRISE. (I even made the wave sounds) Goosebumps. Everything. Life.

And the little melody she sings as her voice is stolen. So ingrained in my memory.

One of the few Disney films where the 'sidekicks' weren't annoying. Sebastian and Scuttle made me lol even now. Flounder is the least, but Ariel needs a friend, so you deal.

I'm listening to the soundtrack on Spotify right now. <3

I love Disney. Been to Disneyworld in Florida 6 times but am still desperate to go again.

I love Poor Unfortunate Souls. I also love Make A Man Out Of You, Belle, Beauty and the Beast, Hellfire, Heaven's Light and Colours of the Wind. Oh and Reflection...and A Whole New World...and Wish Upon A Star...yeah, I'll stop now.

Eh..Mulan can suck a dick, she can suck a ballsack.

I hadn't seen it since the cinema and was quite excited to finally see it again, ten years since I had first, and I was just really "..." about it. The best bit is the rain/horse/cutting hair off scene. It didn't feel that memorable (IMO).

I LOVE DISNEY! :heart:

tumblr_lftt5nxYxs1qas5tu.gif?t=1312409680

I freakin' love Tarzan. :grin:

Really enjoy this song and You'll be in my heart!

tumblr_lp2pxbmIWj1qf4qpho3_250.gif?t=1312409555

My favourite Disney Princess is Cinderella, so glad I got to watch it on the Big Screen. :D

tumblr_li88dh4J6A1qhzalso1_500.gif?t=1312409741

I'm so glad that Disney made some more classic movies with Princess and the Frog, oh and I totally love Tangled which animation wise is beautiful. (+ I loved it all.)

Isla, Winnie The Pooh is one of my favourite movies this year so amazing:

Zooey Deschannel singing the opening theme is wonderful. :)

On the Pixar side of things my absolute favourite is Up! There is something magical that film does to me. :p I even have the badge.

tumblr_loii7avutf1qmolq7o1_500.gif?t=1312411037

I'm not just crazy about the classic animation films either I will happily watch anything that disney throws at me and would waste my life in front of the Disney Channel given the option.

There are the Live action films as well that they produce, Bed Knobs and Broomsticks, I think is great.

I unashamedly watch Hannah Montana (Of which I have the majority of on DVD and they need to release season 4), Wizards of Waverly Place, Sonny With a Chance, Suit Life on Deck, Flash Forward, Phil Of The Future, Even Stevens, Lizzy Macquire, That's So Raven, Shake It Up and any older stuff they throw at me!

Then of course there are the cartoons I watch/watched Recess, Kim Possible etc. and one of my favourite shows of all time:

PHINEAS AND FERB! :grin:

tumblr_li0rhsNzXi1qdd7yio1_r1_500.gif?t=1312411061

My Top 3 Disney Movies are:

1. The Lion King

2. Oliver and Company.

3. Tarzan

Although they constantly change. I need to watch The Little Mermaid again. I will get them on Blu-ray when I get the chance. I don't have any on DVD because I used to get them on Video.

I went to Disneyworld in Florida when I was 5 and severely need to go again.

I went to Disneyland Paris last year with my mum, sister and Nephews and it was all kinds of awesomes. :yay:

Old or New I will watch Disney for Life. :bouncy:

(Yes. Hunchback of Notre Dame. WTF. I love. So powerful. Come on religious persecution. Not even shying away from. I watched a few months ago and it's brilliant. So dark. Hellfire. Yes mm yes.)

That scene has to be the most chilling scene ever. So dark when he sings about the forbidden lust he has for Esmeralda and how he sees her as a witch and someone below him. It's also haunting how he begs and how he wonders why God made him have such feelings. I just love it. I love Disney when it has so many layers!

I saw this thread earlier and thought I'd take a shower before posting, but now there have been so many replies that I don't think I have much to add. :heh:

I should make an effort to watch more pre-The Little Mermaid Disney films, but... I don't know.

Like everyone else on here, I'm super gay and know a ton of Disney songs by heart.

I love the oldskool Disneys, the 2D ones that is. I look forward to any new traditional animation they make, although I missed the Princess and the frog unfortunately (and I guess Winnie the Pooh, that really didn’t have much exposure).

The Princess and the Frog was really disappointing, to be honest. Not really bad, but pretty dull and forgettable.

I much preferred Bolt and Tangled. Whether a movie uses 2D or 3D animation is fairly irrelevant, don't you think?

Disney = Great

I especially love much of the music. So amazing.

Oh, and Tangled is one of my favourite films. It just completely swept me off my feet.

I hadn't seen it since the cinema and was quite excited to finally see it again, ten years since I had first, and I was just really "..." about it. The best bit is the rain/horse/cutting hair off scene. It didn't feel that memorable (IMO).

Finally! Mulan is really quite dull. Such great potential but everything feels so strangely placed, what's up with her dog (there are too many comedy side-kick animals which aren't funny) and it's not nearly as exciting as it should be. And the songs aren't very memorable compared to the rest.

That scene has to be the most chilling scene ever. So dark when he sings about the forbidden lust he has for Esmeralda and how he sees her as a witch and someone below him. It's also haunting how he begs and how he wonders why God made him have such feelings. I just love it. I love Disney when it has so many layers!

Best scene in all of Disney.

No one feeling The Black Cauldron?

I own it on DVD. I don't care if it's cool to love it because it's kinda cult but really... it's kinda shit. The villain is amazing, but those annoying American fairy elf things? Urgh.

I also think Pocahontas as weird passing problems and too many animal sidekicks but the songs are beautiful and so powerful.

Edited by Hamishmash

And the songs aren't very memorable compared to the rest.

C'maaahn! I'll Make a Man Out of You is an amazing inspirational song.

Mulan is a great movie. Adore it. I'll Make A Man Out Of You is a great song to listen to whilst working out. BE AAAAAHHH MAAAAAN! However, there is only one Disney movie that I don't like and this may shock some people. I do not like Alice in Wonderland. Sat through it once and it bored me, just didn't like it. However, I like the new one. Yes, it's messed up but whatever, I was born this way!

That song is great. Yep. But compared to how other Disney films have 2 or 3 great songs, plus better characters, better action, funnier jokes and a better developed paced, it just falls a little short.

Mulan IS great, it's just really not as great as lots and lots of other Disney films.