NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Zechs's Top 25 Wii Games

With the Wii U set for release next year and the Wii release schedule looking rather anorexic, it's time for a run down of the best Wii games available! These are the top 25 Wii titles according to me, Zechs Merquise!

This was a tough list to put together and the exact placing of each game was very difficult, I'm still not sure if I got some of them right! One thing that did stand out to me when making this list is the shear diversity of games on the Wii. I would say that the Wii has the most diverse and interesting library of games on the current generation consoles. Rather than endless gritty FPS games or super realistic sports and racing sims this list contains the kind of gems you'll only ever find on a Nintendo console!

Anyway, I hope everyone likes reading this, and if you haven't got any of the games on this list - don't sit and complain that there's nothing to play on the Wii, go get these games!

25. Sin & Punishment 2

The N64 Sin and Punishment was a cult classic, only released in Japan, it was snapped up by importers both sides of the Atlantic. The sequel presented a great opportunity as straight away the Wii’s pointer controls looked to be a perfect fit for the on-rails game play. This game presented lovely graphics, a real challenge as well as online leader boards. Sure it had its problems – most notably a ludicrous storyline, but overall it is definitely an improvement on the original and a must have for shooter fans and old school gamers looking for serious challenge.

24. Red Steel 2

The original launch title left a lot to be desired, however hopes were still high for the sequel. When Red Steel 2 was shown it was huge shock, gone were the triads and the realistic setting. A whole new world was born – fusing medievil Japan with cowboys! Not only did this bizarre sounding premise work, but it also looked beautiful. Presented in a cell shaded style this game is a contender for best looking game on the system. What’s more the motion plus sword control and semi-open world provided a nice change from the heavily scripted FPS games that dominate the genre.

23. Rock Band 2

Rock Band/Guitar Hero was massive. Both are now sadly dead, after being brutally over milked. However before their demise those two franchises provided gamers with a lot of fun. What could be better than living out your childhood fantasy of playing through your favourite rocks tracks? Whilst there were many solid guitar based titles, Rock Band 2 was the pinnacle. Everything felt perfect, from the career mode, to the online battles and inclusion of DLC tracks. If you have to play just one music game, play this.

22. Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Whilst the other systems saw a massive rebirth of 2D fighting games with the likes of Street Fighter 4, Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Mortal Kombat, the Wii wasn’t so lucky. That was until Capcom unleashed Tatsunoko vs Capcom on the West. This game was superb, and although the roster wasn’t as instantly recognizable as the Marvel roster, it certainly brought a lot of new play styles to the table. Add to that a great online experience and one of the best unlockable mini-games around (seriously, they could have sold that on WiiWare) it was a must own title for any fighting game fan.

21. Super Paper Mario

A hybrid of platforming action and RPG leveling. The ability to play as Bowser, Peach, Mario or Luigi. A new story filled a mixture of brand new characters, classic locations and new worlds. All wrapped up in Nintendo lore with nods to everything in the history of Mario. Presented in a charming mix of 2D and 3D and peppered with humour. This game was brilliant and felt like a love letter to Mario fans. Anyone who grew up with a NES and has stuck with Nintendo ever since will find a lot to like here.

Tommorrow - 20 to 16...

20. Kirby’s Epic Yarn

The Wii saw the long overdue re-birth of the 2D platform game. Kirby’s Epic Yarn is just one of several excellent 2D platformers on the system. What sets Kirby apart is its beautiful graphical style – which is more than just cosmetic. The challenges in each level actually revolve around fabrics, buttons and zips that make up the world giving the game real character. What’s more it packs in a variety of play styles and the level of inventiveness left me smiling all the way. A wonderful feel good game. My only niggle was the lack of real challenge.

19. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

This game is a must for anyone who played and enjoyed Path of Radiance on the Gamecube. The story follows on tying up all the loose ends. You also get to play from the perspective all the warring factions adding depth and perspective to an already masterful story. The game play is classic turn based strategy at its best and the difficultly is out of this world. My first play through took me around 40 hours due to the steep challenge. Sadly though, whilst the cut scenes are truly breath taking, the in game graphics lack a little polish.

18. Little King’s Story

What do you get if you cross Command & Conquer, Sim City and a children’s book? Little King’s Story. This game is oozes character and draws the player in with one of the most charming game worlds ever created – the attention to detail is stunning. There’s also tonnes to do and a real tough challenge behind the cute and colourful exterior. The only reason this didn’t place higher is too frequently the game goes from challenging and fun to damn frustrating. Building your village and exploring may be relaxing, but boss battles will have you tearing your hair out.

17. Metroid: Other M

This game is one of the strangest experiences I’ve ever played. Whilst it looks like a typical 3D action game, it plays just like a classic 2D platform title. When you point the remote at the screen you are seamlessly taken into Samus’s visor and can view the world from a first person perspective. When it all comes off it works brilliantly and the fast paced action is impressive and thrilling. When it doesn’t come off it’s very frustrating. The good news is, it works most of the time giving you the feel of playing a classic 2D Metroid game but in a beautiful 3D environment. Oh and if you don’t like cut scenes, there’s loads!

16. Silent Hill Shattered Memories

When I saw this game being plugged as a psychological horror that dropped combat and played differently depending on your personality I never thought it would work. When I played the game I was blown away. You are sucked into the game world and literally left sitting on the edge of your seat. The lack of in game HUD and amazing sound effects and music leave you totally immersed in one of the most chilling and terrifying game worlds ever experienced. This is a must have for any horror fan and the plot had me hooked until the ending credits. The only drawback is the quest is only around 5 hours – although it can be replayed in many ways.

Tommorrow, 15 through to 11!

15. Battalion Wars 2

Blend RTS game play with squad based combat and 3rd person shooting, wrap it all up with the precision of the Wii remote pointer and you’ve got a superb game. Building on the success of the Gamecube title this sequel adds more units and more playable factions. There is also online play with some really inventive modes and some wonderful co-op missions. The game is also presented with amazing attention to detail and is full of Nintendo charm – every now and then you’ll hear a soldier shout something unexpected or laugh at the mannerisms of your idle troops.

14. Goldeneye

Simply put – this contains the best single player FPS campaign since the original. Goldeneye encapsulates everything that was brilliant about the original and updates it masterfully. You choose how you take care of the mission, guns blazing or stealth? There’s no better feeling than watching several guards, assessing their patterns then planning your move. The game also looks beautiful; sneaking through the frozen wastes of Severnaya is breathtaking. The game also includes a solid online multiplayer experience which is a lot of fun, but sadly not as deep or engaging as two other games on this list.

13. New Super Mario Bros Wii

A new proper 2D Mario on a home console? We haven’t seen this since the launch of the SNES. Well it was worth the wait, especially as it saw the return of the Koopa Kids and airships! Eight worlds of platforming bliss full of the challenges that made us into gaming fanatics when we were kids. Add in a hectic and very fun four player co-op making it the first Mario title to feature simultaneous multiplayer, this game is a winner. The only slight sour taste was the lack of online, but that can be forgiven when you’re working your way through levels that remind you of the best of Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 3!

12. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex

World at War got me into Call of Duty, but this game took things to the next level. A year after the cut down WAW was released the Wii finally got Modern Warfare, with every map, mode, level, weapon and camouflage present on other consoles. This was online FPS action at its finest and looked great for a Wii game – explosions, particle effects and great attention to detail brought the battlefield to life. The fact Treyarch got this game running so well was a miracle. Added to the groundbreaking online is the best single player COD game this generation – SAS sniper missions, oh YES!

11. Call of Duty: Black Ops

Treyarch raised the bar with COD:MWR, but they totally smashed it with Black Ops. Whilst the single player is solid but unremarkable, online is where it is at. A whole new online system, no friend codes and voice chat via headset. This is how online should be done on the Wii. The full multiplayer experience is in; combat training, wager matches and four player co-operative Zombies. This game is a must for any Wii shooter fan or for anyone that likes COD but wants to try out the perfectly balanced pointer controls. The shear amount of modes and the huge amount of content will keep you going for hundreds of hours.

Come back tommorrow for 10 through to 6!

10. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

Resident Evil is a classic series comprised of some of the most loved games ever made. Resident Evil 4 is the best of the series and the best third person action title ever made. This is the definitive version of that game. With the graphics of the Gamecube version, the extras of the PS2 version and new improved Wii remote aiming (plus several other set ups) this game is an improved version of what already was a masterpiece. Amazing pacing, beautiful graphics and a great atmosphere of tension - this game has it all.

9. Monster Hunter Tri

This game will eat your time like Pac-Man eats dots. From forging your weapons and armour to the epic hunts themselves, everything takes a long time. The sense of achievement when you do get your new weapon or you finally defeat a monster that filled the screen is unrivalled. With a great online system (second only to Black Ops) this game will forge friendships between you and your hunting party. Graphically this game looks good enough to be on an HD system and the attention to detail in the design of the monsters, the beautiful locales and the massive amount of weapons and armours is astounding.

8. Donkey Kong Country Returns

I always thought Mario was the king of the platformers – not this generation. DKCR is the pinnacle of the 2D platform revival and shines on every level. Every level exhibits incredibly tight design which flows beautifully. There are several types of gameplay, from traditional platforming, mine cart rides and piloting explosive barrels. Each level looks amazing, with scenery in both the foreground and the background being integral to the experience. The visual treats ensure that each world looks different and inviting. It also brings an old school difficultly level. A Retro Studies masterpiece.

7. Wii Sports

The game that helped sell well over 80 million systems to date! Wii Sports has not only provided hundreds of hours of fun but also managed several other feats. Wii Sports brought millions to gaming who were previously uninterested. Its simple accessible style and clean attractive visuals had everyone wanting to play. Its runaway success has also shaped the whole industry forcing both Sony and Microsoft to reassess their strategies and launch their own new control styles. This game ate up huge amounts of my time in little bursts everyday and underneath the accessible surface there was plenty of hidden depth.

6. Super Mario Galaxy

When Mario took his first steps into 3D on the N64 it was an industry changing moment. Two generations later and Mario 64 was finally bested! This game has an incredible sense of WOW. Jumping from planetoid to planetoid and fighting familiar foes felt both startlingly new and old all at the same time. Perfect controls, beautiful graphics, a massive challenge but most of all pure gaming fun. This game shows just how far Nintendo are ahead of the pack. Nintendo had managed to redefine 3D platforming whilst the rest of the industry was still struggling to match a game released back in 1996.

Tommorrow, the epic conclusion: 5 through to 1!

5. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

A new Zelda game is always a special thing, but a new Zelda as a launch title is something else. I know this was originally made for the Gamecube, but it still looked fantastic and the Wii remote controls actually enhanced the experience – especially aiming. Whereas Wind Waker seemed cut down and was padded out with that Triforce hunt at the end, Twilight Princess was huge. A massive over world, huge dungeons, plentiful side quests and the kind of classic gameplay that makes the Zelda series stand head and shoulders above the crowd. Oh, it also gets extra credit for Tingle not making a re-appearance.

4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

A long time ago I remember reading an April Fools’ joke in a Nintendo mag about a Mario fighting game. Who would’ve guessed that ‘joke’ was a pretty accurate prediction. What it didn’t predict was how good the series would be, or that Brawl would be the biggest selling fighting game this generation! A massive roster, incredible graphics and one of the best Nintendo stories ever. They managed to weave so many characters into one tale which was all told with the most wonderful cut scenes. The game play was also classic Nintendo, so easy to get into but with so many hidden depths and more content than you can shake a stick at.

3. Mario Kart Wii

I always enjoyed each home console Mario Kart slightly less than the last. Mario Kart Wii was a huge return to form and I actually felt it was the first in the series to actually eclipse the original. A mix of wonderful new tracks and classic old ones (N64 Bowser castle – OH YES), new racers, new vehicles, bikes and a superb 12 player online mode hosted on dedicated servers. The game felt so vibrant and while new players seemed to get to grips instantly with the Wii Wheel the Classic Controller and Gamecube pad were there for the more serious gamer. I plowed well over 350 hours into this game alone, online and with family and friends.

2. Metroid Prime Trilogy

The best game of the previous generation, it’s sequel and one of the best games of this generation, all on one disc. Add to this the fact the original titles were both enhanced with Wii remote aiming and slight graphical improvements. This is possibly the greatest disc ever created! These games are all pure gaming gold, they perfectly translate the feeling of the classic Metroid games into 3D and bring them to life in a way I couldn’t have conceived possible. Everything about these games is so close to perfection - the level design, the story telling, the pacing, the puzzles and the attention to detail. A collection of masterpieces.

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2

The original was a masterpiece – but this is an improvement in every way. Every level and every challenge felt that little bit more polished. The inventive nature of each challenge and the way Nintendo had taken almost every idea in the original and pushed it to the next level is astounding. Everything about this game is pure brilliance and at the same time it’s longer and provides a much tougher challenge. Along with Ocarina of Time this is possibly the single greatest game ever created and proof that when it comes to game play no other developer comes close to Nintendo. This is pure gaming heaven.

That's all folks, I hope you enjoyed it!

Edited by Zechs Merquise

... is a fantastic game. :)

Yes. Why is it so low?

It got exactly what it deserved. A sure let down after the excellent first two.

But I'll keep an eye on this list. I'm not sure anyone has as broad range of Wii titles as Zechs so it'll be interesting. The power is yours!!!!! :)

Post the whole list you lazy b*****d! lol

All in good time!! It would have been too long for one post, and this way it's like a proper countdown.

Yes. Why is it so low?

I really enjoyed parts of Super Paper Mario, but at times I felt it was needlessly padded out and extended with several boring sections - The Samerguys??? That was just the same boring figth again and again and felt like a filler. It's a great game, but it wasn't without its issues.

There will be plenty of people who disagree with the numbering and the odd person who will disagree with the games included, or maybe games I missed out! I tried to rank things on not only the quality of the game but also how much time I spent on it as well.

It got exactly what it deserved. A sure let down after the excellent first two.

But I'll keep an eye on this list. I'm not sure anyone has as broad range of Wii titles as Zechs so it'll be interesting. The power is yours!!!!! :)

:) Thanks! I have nearly 60 Wii titles and have played on a lot more than that. I like to think that I enjoy nearly all genres and hopefully the list will reflect that!

I don't think I've played 25 games of any console I've ever owned. Except handhelds.

Don't think I've even played 25 Wii games! :p

I don't think I've played 25 games of any console I've ever owned. Except handhelds.

Right, this is a challenge!

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Metroid Prime 3

Metroid: Other M

Zelda: Twilight Princess (briefly)

A Boy & His Blob

Zack & Wiki

Wario Land: Shake Dimension

Punch Out

Little King's Story

Red Steel 2

Dragon Quest Swords

Wii Sports

Wii Sports Resort

Wii Fit*

Boogie*

Carnival Games*

* Played, not owned

No, I can't think of any more. There are a handful of others that I intend to play though - NSMB, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Skyward Sword.

Edited by Grazza

Your Zechs Is On Fire: This is a totally misleading thread. I was expecting 25 Wii games, not 25-20. Booooo. Post eet all.

Also, the rest of you all (particularly you Jonnas) should BURN IN HELL. You've never played 25 on any console? Once you get into second-hand game purchasing, it's very, very easy to pick up a large collection of games. Picked up Super Mario World from a car-boot sale years ago for £2.50. :D Dunno whether that's possible in Portugal, though?

The only thing I worry about with this list is how far up you'll have Call of Duty: Black Ops :shakehead

I've been playing it a bit over the last week or two since I got it, albeit campaign only for now, and have been far from impressed :hmm: It has been very disappointing in comparison to Modern Warfare: Reflex. I find it unlikely that playing it online will really sway my opinion that much.. certainly not enough to make my top 25 on Wii :heh:

Still looking forward to seeing the rest of your countdown, though..

The only thing I worry about with this list is how far up you'll have Call of Duty: Black Ops :shakehead

I've been playing it a bit over the last week or two since I got it, albeit campaign only for now, and have been far from impressed :hmm: It has been very disappointing in comparison to Modern Warfare: Reflex. I find it unlikely that playing it online will really sway my opinion that much.. certainly not enough to make my top 25 on Wii :heh:

Black Ops is all about the multiplayer (I'm assuming the Wii version has a functional multipllayer). Red Steel 2's single player is miles better than the campaign from the proper versions of Black Ops.

Post the whole list you lazy b*****d! lol

Careful Kav he might rage quit and not finish the list :heh:

I wonder where MH3 and COD will come?

Black Ops is all about the multiplayer (I'm assuming the Wii version has a functional multipllayer). Red Steel 2's single player is miles better than the campaign from the proper versions of Black Ops.

Yes Cube, the Wii version it does have a very functional Multiplayer. The single player is indeed pants but the game really is all about the online. Jump in with the N-E clan and you're in for a great night of gaming (and 98% of time always on the winning team :wink:)

I wonder where MH3 and COD will come?

I think he'll have MH3 at 9 or 8.

COD: Black Ops in the top 5.

Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 in top 2.

Thats my predictions anyway, great thread Zechs.

Black Ops deserves to be on the top 25. Sure the campaign is garbage but the multiplayer is truly brilliant. It's one of the best online Wii games quite easily.

Also, the rest of you all (particularly you Jonnas) should BURN IN HELL. You've never played 25 on any console?

Hey, after some thinking, I might've been wrong. Let's see:

I knew plenty of people with it. It was huge in Portugal, (our previous Nintendo publisher was shit at anything except the Game Boy). I even inherited a few games from cousins. If we count many of them as "having played them"...Let's see:

-Sonic the Hedgehog

-Sonic the Hedgehog 2

-Sonic the Hedgehog 3

-Sonic & Knuckles

-Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

-Sonic 3D Blast

-Asterix & the Great rescue

-Lion King

-Aladdin

-World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck

-Power Rangers: The Movie

-Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure

-Cheese Cat-Astrophe starring Speedy Gonzales

-Virtual Bart

-The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants

-Home Alone

-Dragon Ball Z: Buyū Retsuden

-Marsupilami

-Pink goes to Hollywood

-Bubba & Styx (I think it was called this)

-Mega Bomberman

-Chiki Chiki Boys

-Primal Rage

-Street Fighter II

-Aero the Acro-Bat

-Bubsy II

-MegaGames 3-in-1

Plus I also briefly played Ristar, Dynamite Headdy, Comix Zone, a random VR Troopers game, and several games whose name I don't know. At least as far as I remember.

Apparently, I did play more then 25!

And for the record, I always knew I had played more than 25 Game Boy games.

My favourite console of all time, and the most popular in school. I'm certain I played more than 25 games.

-Tetris

-Donkey Kong '94

-Donkey Kong Land

-Super Mario Land (1&2)

-Wario Land (1&3)

-Kirby's Dream Land (1&2)

-The five Megaman games

-Metroid II

-Oracle of Ages

-Oracle of Seasons

-Link's Awakening

-Adventures of Lolo

-Gargoyle's Quest

-Mole Mania

-Mickey Mouse: Magic Wands

-Pokémon Blue

-Pokémon Silver

-Pokémon Pinball

-Pokémon TCG

...Among many, many others I didn't own.

Once you get into second-hand game purchasing, it's very, very easy to pick up a large collection of games. Picked up Super Mario World from a car-boot sale years ago for £2.50. :D Dunno whether that's possible in Portugal, though?

Used games are how I mostly buy games nowadays. Money ain't easy to get, y'know?

As for the situation in Portugal... The Wii is the first Nintendo (home) console being taken seriously by retailers. Used games are hard to come by (though used Gameboy/Advance games are easier to find).

Regardless, the price everybody charges for games is higher than in the UK. Gamecube games were 60€ at the time, and used games that were actually good were hard to come by. It's easier with the Wii, but the prices are still high, even with used games.

By contrast, 10£ were enough to net two used games (Little King's Story and Radiant Dawn) when I visited London. Nowadays, I buy most of my games from the UK.

And then there's the time/availability factor...

Here we are with 20 through to 16!

20. Kirby’s Epic Yarn

The Wii saw the long overdue re-birth of the 2D platform game. Kirby’s Epic Yarn is just one of several excellent 2D platformers on the system. What sets Kirby apart is its beautiful graphical style – which is more than just cosmetic. The challenges in each level actually revolve around fabrics, buttons and zips that make up the world giving the game real character. What’s more it packs in a variety of play styles and the level of inventiveness left me smiling all the way. A wonderful feel good game. My only niggle was the lack of real challenge.

19. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

This game is a must for anyone who played and enjoyed Path of Radiance on the Gamecube. The story follows on tying up all the loose ends. You also get to play from the perspective all the warring factions adding depth and perspective to an already masterful story. The game play is classic turn based strategy at its best and the difficultly is out of this world. My first play through took me around 40 hours due to the steep challenge. Sadly though, whilst the cut scenes are truly breath taking, the in game graphics lack a little polish.

18. Little King’s Story

What do you get if you cross Command & Conquer, Sim City and a children’s book? Little King’s Story. This game is oozes character and draws the player in with one of the most charming game worlds ever created – the attention to detail is stunning. There’s also tonnes to do and a real tough challenge behind the cute and colourful exterior. The only reason this didn’t place higher is too frequently the game goes from challenging and fun to damn frustrating. Building your village and exploring may be relaxing, but boss battles will have you tearing your hair out.

17. Metroid: Other M

This game is one of the strangest experiences I’ve ever played. Whilst it looks like a typical 3D action game, it plays just like a classic 2D platform title. When you point the remote at the screen you are seamlessly taken into Samus’s visor and can view the world from a first person perspective. When it all comes off it works brilliantly and the fast paced action is impressive and thrilling. When it doesn’t come off it’s very frustrating. The good news is, it works most of the time giving you the feel of playing a classic 2D Metroid game but in a beautiful 3D environment. Oh and if you don’t like cut scenes, there’s loads!

16. Silent Hill Shattered Memories

When I saw this game being plugged as a psychological horror that dropped combat and played differently depending on your personality I never thought it would work. When I played the game I was blown away. You are sucked into the game world and literally left sitting on the edge of your seat. The lack of in game HUD and amazing sound effects and music leave you totally immersed in one of the most chilling and terrifying game worlds ever experienced. This is a must have for any horror fan and the plot had me hooked until the ending credits. The only drawback is the quest is only around 5 hours – although it can be replayed in many ways.

Tommorrow, 15 through to 11!

I'm glad you like Metroid Other M. I thought it was fantastic, apart form the bastardisation of Samus' character.

Used games are how I mostly buy games nowadays. Money ain't easy to get, y'know?

As for the situation in Portugal... The Wii is the first Nintendo (home) console being taken seriously by retailers. Used games are hard to come by (though used Gameboy/Advance games are easier to find).

Regardless, the price everybody charges for games is higher than in the UK. Gamecube games were 60€ at the time, and used games that were actually good were hard to come by. It's easier with the Wii, but the prices are still high, even with used games.

By contrast, 10£ were enough to net two used games (Little King's Story and Radiant Dawn) when I visited London. Nowadays, I buy most of my games from the UK.

And then there's the time/availability factor...

I agree man, about 3 quarters or something of my Wii collection is down to used games. I picked up Trauma Centre: Second Opinion for £3 the other day!

The prices that I've seen in Belgium for some games is extortion. Saying that, some places in the UK are completely inconsistent with their pricing. Whilst you can get stuff like Monster Hunter for £12 or something, you can also end up paying 35 for Epic Yarn or Mario Kart still.

If you ever need games from the UK and can't ship to Portugal, send them to my address and then I'll pass them on or something.

Zechs, well done for putting Other M in that list. It's probably in my personal top 5. Love it.

Also, Shattered Memories is fucking brilliant. :D

Shattered Memories is fucking brilliant. :D

I'm with you there :yay: It may even make my top ten Wii games.. certainly well above Call of Duty: Black Ops which, somewhat worryingly, still hasn't appeared on your list, Merq' :heh:

I'm with you there :yay: It may even make my top ten Wii games.. certainly well above Call of Duty: Black Ops which, somewhat worryingly, still hasn't appeared on your list, Merq' :heh:

I know :laughing:

Why do I get the feeling that you N-E CoDers (KAV 'N' ZECHS mainly) are just hardcore fps fanatics? It's like a foozball nut who would put their FiFa or PES' well high on the list because of their addiction to the sport lol! It's sweet to see all the games that everybody enjoys though, if I spot one that truly grabs my heart then I'd go to my local game retailer - or bloody well order eBay or sum'n :D

Oh, Zechs, buddy, is High Voltage Software's Can Du it Too in your top 25?: peace:

I'm hoping to see Murumasa and Okami... Okami more because it really is a better game than Zelda: Twilight Princess (even if you may think it doesn't count being a PS2 game originally...)

EDIT: And really Donkey Kong Country Returns must be above any other platformer. It's just perfection.

Edited by Hamishmash

I'm glad you like Metroid Other M. I thought it was fantastic, apart form the bastardisation of Samus' character.

Zechs, well done for putting Other M in that list. It's probably in my personal top 5. Love it.

Also, Shattered Memories is fucking brilliant. :D

I loved Metroid Other M, I think it would have placed higher had it not been for the odd frustrations with gameplay that came (usually with bosses) from having to go from third person to first person which sometimes resulted in taking unnecessary damage. What's mroe the pixel hunts were slightly tedious. I didn't mind the story actually. I thought it was OK and certainly didn't hate it like some people did.

Silent Hill was one of the most pleasant surprises this generation. The sense of atmosphere was something else and the use of the Wii remote as a flash light was genius. What's more, I've never felt as isoltaed and confused as I did in that game. The use of the mobile phone to display important data ratehr than an in game HUD was also a masterstroke. Another little thing that really helped was the clarity of the graphics, you never needed on screen subtitles and all signs and posters could be read clearly so you never felt pulled out of the game world when you needed to read something.

I know :laughing:

Why do I get the feeling that you N-E CoDers (KAV 'N' ZECHS mainly) are just hardcore fps fanatics? It's like a foozball nut who would put their FiFa or PES' well high on the list because of their addiction to the sport lol! It's sweet to see all the games that everybody enjoys though, if I spot one that truly grabs my heart then I'd go to my local game retailer - or bloody well order eBay or sum'n :D

Oh, Zechs, buddy, is High Voltage Software's Can Du it Too in your top 25?: peace:

I can assure you, I'm hardcore FPS nut! I think when the list is complete people will see that. There's 4 COD games on the Wii and I can tell you know they don't all make the cut.

I'm hoping to see Murumasa and Okami... Okami more because it really is a better game than Zelda: Twilight Princess (even if you may think it doesn't count being a PS2 game originally...)

EDIT: And really Donkey Kong Country Returns must be above any other platformer. It's just perfection.

I think there's clearly going to be a few surprises and a few disappointments to come yet! But by the end of the week, all will be revealed! :)

CoD deserves to be on there because it has the best online interface on Wii and it just plain works. The Conduit would never make it on as there are simply too many faults with it.

I'm not a CoD fanboy by any stretch, I'm more of a Battlefield fan than I am CoD, but even so, there's no denying that CoD's multiplayer is one of the best out there!

Black Ops would make my top 10 but not top 5!