NEurope
Ashley

Make Us Your Plus One

Finally got around to adding a +1 button to the site for news and reviews as well as forum topics. It comes up in each thread between the 'Post Reply' button and 'Quick Reply' box. The little bugger didn't want to go anywhere more practical but this will do for now (as I should be job hunting).

Actually it looks okay when there's just one page but when there's more than one (and the little page selection box appears) it jumps down a bit.

Share away!

Edited by Ashley

Cool new feature but I'm not sure I'll be using it. I'm not really using G+ due to no one relevant to myself being on it :p

I don't know how many people will use it on the forum but I was implementing it into the site so figured why not eh?

Oh yeah it's on the front page too. If I actually end up using G+ more I would make use of that then.

Cool new feature but I'm not sure I'll be using it. I'm not really using G+ due to no one relevant to myself being on it :p

Are we not relevant to you Sam?

Well, if Google+ kicks off at some point, it's a nice feature to have. :)

You don't need Google+ for the +1. Anyone with a Google/Gmail account can use the feature.

Then ... what does it do, exactly?

I have no idea. Possibly search ranking-related stuff.

Well I would assume the +1 for people without Google+ is like bookmarking in a way.

Then ... what does it do, exactly?

It's the same as the Facebook "Like" button. If you're logged in to your google account, when you do a google search or arrive on a page with a "+1" showing, it displays the number of people who have given it a +1 and maybe a note if one of your friends has done so.

It's the same as the Facebook "Like" button. If you're logged in to your google account, when you do a google search or arrive on a page with a "+1" showing, it displays the number of people who have given it a +1 and maybe a note if one of your friends has done so.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I think that's why I assumed it was linked to Google's answer to Facebook.

If you are not on google plus, as far as I know. +1 just shows how many people like something.

If you are on google plus, the things you plus-ed get added to the +1 section of your profile. If you are logged in while doing a search, items plus-ed by your friends show up higher in the ranks and have an indication that your friend plus-ed it.

Interesting!!!.

+1 the way forward.

Interesting!!!.

+1 the way forward.