NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Well I've been verturing a little wider than NE/Electronic/BL lately and here are a couple of songs I can't seem to get enough of.

I think it's been used on a BBC promo recently. It's from an interesting album with a lot of different tracks but nothing quite like this one.

Some of you might recognise that this is a remix but it's by the guy who did the original so it's fair game (don't let the name confuse you). And if you do, then you have my deepest sympanthies for I also feel you pain. That said, every cloud... :p

And last vid, something to rock out too

I do find this a really good song to sing along too - always makes me feel a bit happier for some reason. I'd imagine it's one of them songs the band just love hammering out in a session making as much noise as possible.

Finally, got a great album in the post the other day but it's not on YT so I can't share any of it. That said, you can listen to it entirely online here as well as their previous work and I strongly advise you do.

Big love for those two songs. I'm often amazed at how EITS continue to release such amazing stuff. Who needs 4 minute radio friendly songs when you can have 10 minutes of audio heaven per track.

Yesss! Nice to know there's still people with great taste around here. ;)

The Only Moment We Were Alone is one of my favourite Explosions songs. Just so beautiful. What I love is that the music could easily tell a story. It feels like it fills up the room and there's just so much depth to it.

The more time goes by, I find myself listening to and appreciating post-rock/instrumental only stuff a lot more.

Yesss! Nice to know there's still people with great taste around here. ;)

The Only Moment We Were Alone is one of my favourite Explosions songs. Just so beautiful. What I love is that the music could easily tell a story. It feels like it fills up the room and there's just so much depth to it.

The more time goes by, I find myself listening to and appreciating post-rock/instrumental only stuff a lot more.

Absolutely.

Your Hand in Mine and Six Days at the Bottom of the Ocean are two of my favourites. It does sound cliched to fuck but their music does tell stories, probably why they're so often used for TV and Film soundtracks.

Unfortunately your love and promotion of new Madonna renders all you say invalid! ;)

Not really -

Gimme All Your Luvin is incredibly weak (though I've come to find it v. fun and lacking in pretension of depth), but Madonna has a history/mythology/following so few other current artists do - she's an icon that just lends herself to iconic imagery/quotes/performances, and her big fans, including me, will lap it up.

Rihanna, Jessie J, Katy Perry can't touch Madonna as an icon/image/thing, and that's what I buy into. Her music is questionable at best since 2006, I'm not going to deny that! :p

And the Will.I.Am song is sickening still - heard it on the radio. The absolute PITS of commercial music right there.

[/tangential vaguely touching souls off on one in a positive way ladies with an attitude]

Edited by Paj!

Both Celebration and Revolver are good though. I'm not sure why they weren't bigger. I have completely stunned by Revolver in a club once.

Yeah, man. Revolver is a bitchin' album.

Best track has to be Tomorrow Never Knows. So trippy and influential for many other songs that exist today. I also have a soft spot for For No One.

Your day breaks,

Your Mind Aches...

Well I've been verturing a little wider than NE/Electronic/BL lately and here are a couple of songs I can't seem to get enough of.

Ahh I came in here to post that. Great choice! It annoyed me for the longest time and now I can't get enough of it.

Also:

I'm back in a 'I love this heavy pop-rock' mood. Marilyn Manson, randoms from Good Charlotte/Blink-182, My Chemical Romance...anything that might think it's not pop but actually is. Or rock that is actually just pop with pretensions of darknesssssss

I was to shake my metaphorical long greasy black Madonna-at-premiere-of-'Truth or Dare' hair to this.

tumblr_lkqtt5NQkc1qcirj4o1_500.jpg

Was going through my Last.fm tracks from 2007, and redisovered this badass song:

Edit: I always feel really out of place posting here, what with all the Rihanna and Madonna being posted :p

Edited by EddieColeslaw

^ Thanks for that one, Pitchfork. I clearly didn't need to get any work done today :indeed: So damn catchy and laid back.

This is stunning in HD. The mix also improves the song dramatically.

Edited by Slaggis

This is stunning in HD. The mix also improves the song dramatically.

I like this a lot more than when I first heard it. Same happened with Give Me All Your Luvin too though. It's Madonna so it just naturally grows on me/I accept it, it seems. :p She can do so much better, but it's fun and trashy.

^ Thanks for that one, Pitchfork. I clearly didn't need to get any work done today :indeed: So damn catchy and laid back.

Ooohh thank you for posting this - Moth was stunning, good to see them collaborating again.

Sounds great so far.

--

--

Enjoying the new Andrew Bird record. Duet with St Vincent..

Most pleasant.

Also liking the sound of Sharon Van Etten

New album is very good.

Another Pitchfork find that I'm loving:

That website, along with Spotify, is sapping away all my productivity :indeed:

^ Listened the other day but need to give it another go. Washed over me a bit, it was very "that" fragile sound, but might need a few more listens.

---

Still my fave. The album isn't mind-blowing and feels like it lacks the humour of the debut, but the increased beats/danciness adds it's own joke.

I won't mistake you for problems with me

I won't let my moods ruin this you'll see

I won't take everything good and move it away

I won't be left dancing along to songs from the past

Would you stay home and keep our memories warm with me

Would you give all your love for a run at the past with me

I know you're sad even though you say that you're not

I know you're scared even though you say that you're not

I won't get mad when you say things are getting too hard

I won't make all of your love so scared to come through our yard

I won't scream in my head and let it isolate me

I won't be left dancing alone to songs from the past

Their live album, Get Along, is so excellent. Curse you, 1GB MP3 player! I can't fit it on there without disturbing all my podcasts! :(

I just remembered, this is the first T&S song I ever listened to.

Edited by EddieColeslaw

Pretty generic but I like it.

And I am strangely attracted to him - he's like SO good looking.

Also really really like Madonna's new track. And I'm not really a Madonna fan (aside from Ray of Light and Frozen) - but she just seems to know what to do with each new album.