NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

I've always been one for rock music, but I'm loving the disco influences that are coming into pop music at the moment. Currently got Kylie Minogue's new song stuck in my head:

Been listening to Darlingside a lot recently. They cropped up on one of my playlists on Spotify recently and I fell in love with their recent album from last year, Fish Pond Fish. I especially love the closing track to the album:

Similarly, been enjoying Hiss Golden Messenger's new track Sanctuary a lot:

And finally, Skullcrusher continues to put out some fantastic music, following her debut EP last year which I loved. Probably one of my favourite films music wise last year. The newest track, Song For Nick Drake, is just great:

There isn't really a general music thread, so figured I'd post this in here:

Just went live on their social channels. Seems to me like it means the end of Daft Punk, but some people are saying it could just be a tease for a new look or style. The 1993 - 2021 seems pretty concrete to me though.

Edited by Goafer
  • Sad 1

Asked if Daft Punk were no more, their longtime publicist Kathryn Frazier confirmed the news to Pitchfork but gave no reason for the breakup. 

via pitchfork.com

:(

• Like 1

1rMa.gif

Genuinely bummed out by the news. Discovery, and the accompanying Interstella 5555, is a phenomenal album and one of my all time favourites. I've listened to and watched their Alive 2007 concert at Coachella so many times over the years, enjoyed all their albums (even Random Access Memory which didn't quite hit the mark in many places) and really liked what they did with the Toronto Legacy soundtrack, and hoped they'd be back for the third one.

Gutted that they didn't do Alive 2017 to go along with 1997 and 2007 and gutted I'll never get to see them live but they were an incredible act, and one that I don't think will be matched ever for their fusion of sounds.

Guess I'll spend the rest of the day listening to them.

I wanted to post Dune - 1000 Miles from home, as I'm doing some cleaning, and was going through my old stuff, including old CDs/ 1000 miles from home was, if I recall correctly,my very first CD single. But I'll post it another time.

In view of this news, I'll post my favourite Daft Punk song instead.

Edit:

Also keep in mind they're both very active producers solo and with other collaborations I believe.

Edited by Sméagol

Oh man, that sucks. 

Random Access Memories was my first real introduction to them (and electronic music) halfway through high school. Obviously Get Lucky was what all my friends played (and pretty much all you'd hear on the radio at the time), but personally, I think it's got some great tracks, and I've always been a massive fan of Giorgio by Moroder and Touch in particular, the jazzy section starting at 03:22 has never failed to raise my spirits. Looking back, that section has definitely got some major La La Land OST vibes. 

Might not be everyone's favourite, which is understandable, but it's the album of theirs which means the most to me, and helped get me through some pretty tough times in high school. I actually added it to my work playlist back a bit before Christmas, and so it's been back with me for some recent tough times, too. 

Strange timing considering how quiet they've been for the better part of a decade now, but it is what it is. Guess I'll be throwing all of their albums into my rotation tomorrow :smile:

15 hours ago, Julius said:

Oh man, that sucks. 

Random Access Memories was my first real introduction to them (and electronic music) halfway through high school. Obviously Get Lucky was what all my friends played (and pretty much all you'd hear on the radio at the time), but personally, I think it's got some great tracks, and I've always been a massive fan of Giorgio by Moroder and Touch in particular, the jazzy section starting at 03:22 has never failed to raise my spirits. Looking back, that section has definitely got some major La La Land OST vibes. 

Might not be everyone's favourite, which is understandable, but it's the album of theirs which means the most to me, and helped get me through some pretty tough times in high school. I actually added it to my work playlist back a bit before Christmas, and so it's been back with me for some recent tough times, too. 

Strange timing considering how quiet they've been for the better part of a decade now, but it is what it is. Guess I'll be throwing all of their albums into my rotation tomorrow :smile:

Touch is a great song. I love how it swings from borderline-terrifying to full on Disney song.

The whole Random Access Memories album is great, second only to Discovery IMO. I need to revisit some of the others, as I don't remember liking Homework, Human After All and the Tron soundtrack that much, but it's been so long since I listened to them that I might like them more nowadays.

I recently bought Random Access Memories on vinyl, so that's getting played quite a bit at the moment. Even more so after the news of the split.

It's weird. Bands come and go and it never really bothers me that much, but Daft Punk feel like they've been there forever and they've pretty much soundtracked the major parts of my life without me realising. It's a real shame to see them go.

Listening to the (yearly) House Top 1000 right now.

Presented by Dutch DJs, but you can ignore those in between the songs. Lots of different classics if you're into various forms of dance music.

He has the potential to be the next big thing for rock music.

Can't wait for concerts to be allowed again and really hope he'll come to Germany.

Haha thanks for posting that @bob! Are you a Dutchie, or just an apprecionado of quality Dutch music? That guy was at our office's Christmas party a couple of years ago. Can't say I enjoyed it that much but respect for him that he can sell out large venues with this kind of ehrm... stuff.

Bloody loving Dance With The Dead at the moment. Tempted to get the Blackout EP on vinyl, but shipping from the states makes it too much for a 3 track record. Still, a bloody good EP. Can't really describe their music. Heavy, retro dance music maybe?

Edited by Goafer
  • Like 1

Haha thanks for posting that [mention=229]bob[/mention]! Are you a Dutchie, or just an apprecionado of quality Dutch music? That guy was at our office's Christmas party a couple of years ago. Can't say I enjoyed it that much but respect for him that he can sell out large venues with this kind of ehrm... stuff.
I'm not Dutch, no. Just enjoy a good crowd pleaser.

Their new album is amazing :cool:

Mike Kerr looking a lot healthier. I guess two years of sobriety help.

Edited by drahkon
ENGLISH LANGUAGE HARD

Ohhhhhhhhhh boy, Muse are re-releasing their best album and it looks like it's going to be freaking amazing.

Got an email with some info:

As the album’s anniversary approached, Muse asked Rich Costey, who has produced or mixed material on almost every subsequent record, to revisit the original recordings. Whereas most remix albums aim to radically rework the material, or to switch to an entirely different genre, the band and Costey wanted to provide a renewed clarity with a more open, dynamic and less crushed sound. This highlights parts and ideas previously buried or muted on the original mixes, like a harpsichord on ‘Micro Cuts’ and Abbey Road recorded strings on ‘Citizen Erased’, ‘Megalomania’ and ’Space Dementia’.

The ‘XX Anniversary RemiXX’ also adds ‘Futurism’ to the tracklist. Originally a bonus track on the album’s Japanese edition and subsequently tagged to the end of the album on streaming services, ‘Futurism’ now adds a burst of energy to bridge the gap between ‘Feeling Good’ and ‘Megalomania’. This reflects its placing on the 2019 box set ‘Origin of Muse’.

‘Origin of Symmetry: XX Anniversary RemiXX’ is completed with a modernised reimagination of the album’s cover art courtesy of Sujin Kim. The visual artist has created a hyper-realistic 3D rendering of William Eager’s original cover image.

Can't wait :D

• Like 1

Been playing some Pistol Whip on the Oculus and this track is bloody addictive.

They're so freaking good. Can't wait to see them live again. Hope it'll be rather sooner than later.