NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

I've had this stuck in my head lately:

Poets of the Fall are a pretty awesome band. 

Incidentally, the phone in the music video is an object from the video game Control, which contains a hidden room where this song is being investigated. The band also has songs in Alan Wake, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and did the credits song for Max Payne 2. On top of that, they're also a fictional band in the Alan Wake/Control universe with multiple songs in those.

New Sufjan Stevens album is out and loving it so far. Particularly loving this, been getting a lot of play time over the weekend:

Rally looking forward to Matt Berninger's solo album (lead singer of The National) when it releases in just over 2 weeks. He put out the video for One More Second the other day and it's classic Berninger, Dad dancing included.

One last one thats been on repeat a lot recently is Widowspeak's latest album. Only discovered them this year but really loving the stuff they've put out this year (the song Money in particular is so good). This song, The Good Ones, is probably my favourite from the album. I just love that deep guitar and bass in the back with the delicate drum beat. Feels like a throw back song, especially with the vocals. Really great song and album.

Despite there being a pandemic going on, there's some fantastic music coming out at the moment alongside these. Love the new stuff Kevin Morby has put out as well as the recent Deep Sea Diver song with Sharon Van Etten.

This song was on a youtube hot rock playlist. Absolutely love it, but none of their other stuff lights the same fire in me. Kinda gutted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Odwin said:

This song was on a youtube hot rock playlist. Absolutely love it, but none of their other stuff lights the same fire in me. Kinda gutted.

That's a shame.

Nothing but Thieves are incredible. Seen them live once and can only recommend it. Can't wait for their new album :peace:

I'll defo give that a listen. If there's gems like the one I linked to I'll be so pleased. Can you recommend any other ones like it? Other ones that I've not liked are "Real love song" and "Impossible".

27 minutes ago, Mr_Odwin said:

Can you recommend any other ones like it?

You could also try Amsterdam, Ban all the Music, Painkiller, Forever & Ever More, Number 13.

Edited by drahkon

19 hours ago, drahkon said:

You could also try Amsterdam, Ban all the Music, Painkiller, Forever & Ever More, Number 13.

I'm not made by design - Pretty cool

Amsterdam - Love. Like this is amazing.

Ban all the Music - Like it

Painkiller - ok

Forever & Ever More - pretty decent

Number 13 - ok

Thanks man, defo a band I want to explore more.

• Like 1

Timestamped at the appropriate time for Pokémon fans. It's funny that the Pokémon theme song got played on the world's largest metal festival, and it sounds awesome too.

For those wondering, the guy is Leo Moracchioli/Frog Leap Studios, and he runs a YouTube channel where he converts pop and theme songs to metal versions. Some are pretty damn good. Sometimes he goes on tour with a live band, as in the above video.

18 hours ago, drahkon said:

What a song...quite possibly their best one, yet.

@Mr_Odwin

Not sure if it's one you enjoy. Maybe the final part.

Whole thing is really cool.

• Like 1

@Mr_Odwin

Nothing But Thieves' new album Moral Panic dropped.
I think it's great. A good mix of quiet and heavier songs. The album's theme and lyrics often hit quite close to home...

This one's is incredible:

Good old System Of A Down

Sadly, this doesn't necessarily mean a new album is on its way :(

Also worth a watch:

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Ah, System of a Down. Been a while since I've listened to anything from them.

I've recently discovered Swedish Eyes Wide Open which I find quite nice to listen to! The video here is a bit meh but it sounds good. 

Des Rocs fucking rules.

Been listening to his music for a while now. Can't get enough of it.

This Is Our Life is the only track I play on the guitar these days :D Simple, yet so much fun.

I feel like the first riff from that track is directly lifted from RATM or maybe Audioslave? Can't quite place it, but it's so familiar.

"Heal It" by Roger Bowling. This song was the opening track to a film called The Exterminator. It's about a troubled former soldier who takes justice into his own hands, with bad people. 

Some recent-ish tracks that are some of my favourites for the year:

Big fan of Future Islands and this track is a fantastic closer to the album.

Hadn't heard from Lianne La Havas in a long time but this track really struck me. Very nice.

First time listening to This Is The Kit with their new album, Off Off On, but I fell in love with it in first listen. This song in particular is superb.

Poets of the Fall have been recording new versions of some of their songs in a big theatre (making use of it while they can't have any shows). They're great

Full Playlist

Loving Band-Maid's latest song at the moment. Apparently it's also going to be the opening song for Log Horizon season 3 as well.