NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Finally got the time to listen to the new Muse album. It's different....most of the songs are growers I think, but I do like the direction the album has gone in.

Saying that, Algorithm (Alternate Reality version) is incredible! It's like Muse and Hans Zimmer got together and had a baby!

Went to a Band-Maid concert at the weekend and it was pretty awesome. I kind of wish they didn't go with the maid gimmick, as it makes it a bit awkward, but the music is awesome.

And some phone footage (not mine) from the actual gig:

Two songs I've been listening to a lot recently as both bands will be at the Japanese Metal music festival I've got tickets to in October. Still looking forward to hearing more band announcements.

Not quite a song "I'm really into at the moment", but yesterday I saw a very interesting documentary about these girls.

The documentary is called BNK48: girls don't cry. But being busy with a film festival, I apparently missed this bit of curious news from a few days ago:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47019350

Edit: Oh and if you prefer Japanese vocals and / or Japanese girls, here's the original version:

Edit: Or if you have various other preferences, take your pick:

Indonesia:

Philippines:

And there are more, but I can't find this particular song. Some of these groups are new or still forming.

Edited by Sméagol

This, along with the whole of the last album, has been a mainstay in my listening habits since release and even with new music on the horizon, it's still very much got it's hooks in. Brilliant song and a big fan of the man's stuff.

On the new music front, it's looking like a good couple of months with new stuff from Local Natives and Tame Impala but I'm very much looking forward to the new album by The National in May after this track released a few weeks back:

And on top of that, Lighthouse Family are back with a new album in May as well. Been a fan since I was young and it's so good hearing these guys again.

She just released her first album and it's amazing. She's only 17 and already creates incredible music.

Oh yeah, if you don't like spiders, DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO. Watch the following instead:

Spoiler

• Like 1

TOOL

I have to assume this surprise release of their full discography has been slightly discussed somewhere else. It would be too depressing if I was the first to mention it. 

But eitherway it is definitely what I am listening to. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nolan said:

TOOL

I have to assume this surprise release of their full discography has been slightly discussed somewhere else. It would be too depressing if I was the first to mention it. 

But eitherway it is definitely what I am listening to. 

@drahkon and I have mentioned this in the Good Stuff Thread. :D 

New album at the end of the month, too!

• Like 1

Just wanted to wish you all a motherflippin', space-bendin' happy FEAR INOCULUM day! It's been a while since I bought an album, but I'm picking this up in the weekend.

• Like 1

The album went live on Spotify at around midnight, so I've listened to it once already. First impressions are that it's gooooooood.