NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Fell into a bit of a J-Rock hole in Youtube the other night and ended up ordering a couple of albums. Listening to this song in particular from Band-Maid a lot.

I was listening to 90's Rap and i must say i am quite young but  the music back then had a message

• Like 1

Some K.Flay for y’all. Her voice took some time to grow on me but I quite enjoy the sound of it all. 

As a huge IAMX fan I'm obviously biased, but this is just incredible. I've read that the remaining songs from the upcoming album are even better...cannot wait for Friday.

I'm absolutely loving this track from Lusine right now, it's been stuck in my head for the last week or so and even though it got a regular listen upon release last year, it's stayed with me into this one and it's just superb.

Also really enjoying this one from Lane 8 at the moment:

And finally, this one from Jeremy Loops. My fiancée picked me up his first album as an anniversary gift a couple of years ago and it was a grower on me but I'm enjoying this, and the other new track "The Shore", more so really looking forward to the new album in a couple of weeks time.

It's here. It's amazing.

Big Man is probably my favourite. I've always loved IAMX's songs that have this eerie circus atmosphere (like Bernadette and President). Stardust is catchy, a little upbeat but ultimately dauntingly sad. Can't wait for them to release the music video for this song.

Body Politics is just pure sex.

Oh boy, this album managed to exceed my high expectations. Chris Corner, you're a genius.

Edited by drahkon

Carrying on with my JRock obsession. Just ordered Doll$Boxx’s first album. Had to import it though as it’s not out over here.

Muse - Thought Contagion

Really like it. Nice riff, dark tone, Fury and The Resistance vibe lyrics, catchy chorus. Can't wait for the new album, which is probably still a long time away. I dig (heh) both Dig Down and Thought Contagion.

Come on Matt, faster singing in the verses and we have rap song. :D

Edited by drahkon

10 hours ago, drahkon said:

Muse - Thought Contagion

Really like it. Nice riff, dark tone, Fury and The Resistance vibe lyrics, catchy chorus. Can't wait for the new album, which is probably still a long time away. I dig (heh) both Dig Down and Thought Contagion.

Come on Matt, faster singing in the verses and we have rap song. :D

Not 100% sold on the song, but the video is quite good, 80's Thriller homage:

• Like 1

Rather than Particular songs (plus I can’t much be arsed to embed anything currently). I’ve been quite enjoying Run the Jewels lately and couldn’t find any mention of them in the forums. 

If you’ve got any passing interest in Hiphop check out RTJ. There are 3 self titled albums and they’re all pretty damn good.

I’m fond of Stay Gold, Love Again (this one is uhhh dirty use some headphones), Call Tickertron, DDFH.

Legend Has It was featured in the Black Panther teaser trailer.

Also of small note at least 1 song made it into Watch Dogs 2. 

And now back to sitting at work on standby listening to them. 

Spoiler

(And I’ll just leave this bit right here...) 

Well...that was different.
But so so good.

@Fierce_LiNk are you ready for Friday? God of War and Eat the Elephant. Gonna be a good day, I think :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drahkon said:

Well...that was different.
But so so good.

@Fierce_LiNk are you ready for Friday? God of War and Eat the Elephant. Gonna be a good day, I think :D

I was just coming in here to ask what you thought of it! :D

After the first few seconds, I thought to myself...what the fuck?! :D Is this still APC that I'm listening to?! 

My grin grew wider and wider by the end of the song and it suddenly dawned on me that they must be taking the piss. I didn't manage to catch all of the lyrics, but a few stood out and I thought that they were definitely taking the piss. So, I looked up the lyrics:

Time is money and money's time
We wasted every second dime
On diets, lawyers, shrinks and apps and flags and plastic surgery
Now Willy Wonka, Major Tom, Ali, and Leia have moved on
Signal the final curtain call in all its atomic pageantry

Bravissimo, hip hip hooray
For this fireworks display
Mind and body blown away
What a radiant crescendo!

Ticker tape parade
Our hair and skin like
Marilyn Monroe
In an afterwind

On politicians, fancy water and guns and plastic surgery
Like old Prince and Brady's mom
All the dolphins have moved on
Signaling the final curtain call in all its atomic pageantry

Bravissimo, hip hip hooray
What a glorious display
Melt our joyous hearts away
Under the mushroom cloud confetti
Hip hip hooray for this fireworks display
Mind and body blown away
What a radiant crescendo

Hip hip hooray
Hip hip hooray
Ticker tape parade
Our hair and skin like
Marilyn Monroe in an afterwind

On diets, lawyers, shrinks and apps flags and plastic surgery
Now Willy Wonka, Major Tom, Ali and Leia have moved on
Signal the final curtain call in all its atomic pageantry

So, yup, it's the most cheerful song that you'll ever hear about the extinction of the human race by blowing ourselves up. :D

I love it. It's different, it's taking the piss, it's sarcastic, ironic, etc. Beautifully dark. Very different to their other stuff. But, different isn't bad. If we wanted the same, we'd just listen to their old stuff, right?

I'm a little concerned about how the entire album is going to sound, because each song that they've released has an almost completely different sound. The Doomed sounds like the complete opposite to this...although, maybe the theme is actually the same, but the resulting sound is different.

• Thanks 1

By the way, did anybody give Jack White's new album Boarding House Reach a listen? It's bloody amazing.

Not bad, I may give the rest of the album a listen.

Although, I'd rather he just gave us a new Raconteurs album, personally. :p 

9 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

So...what do you think @drahkon?

Not sure, yet. It's kind of the same with Jack White's Boarding House Reach: Not feeling it at first, but it will most likely grow on me. We'll see after a few more listens.

How about you?

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

Not sure, yet. It's kind of the same with Jack White's Boarding House Reach: Not feeling it at first, but it will most likely grow on me. We'll see after a few more listens.

How about you?

I think the album is most definitely a grower. I'm seeing a lot of comments that it's a softer album, which I'd agree with. Not necessarily a bad thing. It's just a different type of emotion. Quite a mature rock album, tbh...

By And Down The River is fantastic. One of my favourite songs on the album. I get a "New Dawn Fades" (Joy Division) vibe from it. Really like it.

I don't think the album has one distinctive sound. At least, from the first couple of listens, I'm not getting one sound or feeling. I was worried that it might feel a bit inconsistent throughout, so the jury is still out for me on that one.

• Thanks 1

Elvis Costello is English and the other two are American?

I don't know man. Sometimes you just strike gold with those random Youtube suggestions.

I've had this Smashing Pumpkins song "United States" in my head for days. It's from one of the lesser known albums "Zeitgeist" and, I have to admit, it's a song that I don't know very well. But, fucking hell, the drums are just brilliant. The rest of the song is ace, too!

and a brilliant live version which, imo, is better than the studio version.