NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Erh Merh Gerrrrddd.

I grew up as a massive Ocean Colour Scene fan. I love their music. I heard this song on the radio in the car the other day and felt oh so nostalgic.

High Five, Braaaaah.

Ohhh ohhh laaa laaa.

Ohhh ohhh laaa laa.

It's got that great 90s feel.

I don't suppose you know what the lyric "Walking like Groucho sucking on a number 102 means? Never worked that one out.

It's got that great 90s feel.

I don't suppose you know what the lyric "Walking like Groucho sucking on a number 102 means? Never worked that one out.

Groucho is about Groucho Marx, the comedian. So, that's the first part, but I don't know what a number 10 is. Could be an earlier reference to the rum and coke, so it might be a cigarette or something. It gives you the scene that's they're drinking, telling lots of rude/dirty jokes and just acting like idiots, so I reckon it probably is to do with cigarettes or something.

Somebody on one of these lyrics meaning websites said that the whole song could be about a scene from Quadrophenia were Jimmy catches a train, but I've never seen the film so can't comment.

New Au Revoir Simone songs!!! Had slipped my mind that they were releasing a new album in a few weeks (23rd Sept).

Really looking forward to hearing the full thing. September is looking rather good album wise. A lot I'm looking forward to hearing :grin:

New Au Revoir Simone songs!!! Had slipped my mind that they were releasing a new album in a few weeks (23rd Sept).

Really looking forward to hearing the full thing. September is looking rather good album wise. A lot I'm looking forward to hearing :grin:

I really can't wait for this either. You're the only other Au Revoir Simone fan that I know.

Their music is so HNNNNGGGGG.

Edit: Also, Haim's album is out a week later. September kicks so much arse!

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I really can't wait for this either. You're the only other Au Revoir Simone fan that I know.

Their music is so HNNNNGGGGG.

Edit: Also, Haim's album is out a week later. September kicks so much arse!

Likewise. I think you're the only other person I know who is a fan. We're definitely too cool for school on this one :awesome: Definitely an underrated band very much deserving of more attention. Wish they'd do a proper UK tour. Know they're playing London in a few weeks but can't remember the last time they went anywhere else in the country.

Yeah September is looking great music wise. Just on the 23rd alone, there's obviously Au Revoir Simone but also the new Kings of Leon album, new Mazzy Star album (13 years or so since the last one! Took their time :grin:), new Lissie album and the debut by Chvrches. And that's just what I can remember off of the top of my head. And then as you say, Haim the week after (it's sounding great just going by what they've released so far), the new Naked and Famous album the week before. Gonna be a great 2 weeks! So excited :bouncy:

You crazy, Au Revoir Simone are great. I know people who like them.

Stumbled across this a few days ago.

Santigold - Shove it.

Grand Ole Party - Lookout Young Son.

My current ear bugs

Ah, just heard this on the radio.

melancholic electronic sexy times.

Not enough? Play this seeeeexxxyyy remix of Lady Gaga’s You and I:

I’m alone, but I can still have sexy times right?

Is that Big Bang !! OMG U LIKE DEM 2

I can't tell if you actually do or are winding me up :p But either way, yes they're amazing! This song especially, though! Some of their others are a bit too far, especially some of the completely crazy garments they decide to wear! But I guess that's part of their appeal.

Anyone into hiphop wil become rapturous at the first listen

I enjoyed that, although funnily enough I think I might need to hear it more than once to decide how much I like it. Somehow reminded me of Bioshock, The Avalanches and Big Boi all at once. Pretty rad :heh:

I am really into these guys at the minute, especially this song.

Such an unlikely duo but they both sound amazing!

I enjoyed that, although funnily enough I think I might need to hear it more than once to decide how much I like it. Somehow reminded me of Bioshock, The Avalanches and Big Boi all at once. Pretty rad :heh:

The samples are a little Andrew Ryanish :heh:. The thing I love most about the late 90s alt hip hop scene is the tendency to rely on organic, analog instruments rather than samples - which have their own charm - but give the music a totally different character. Loving the booming, resounding drum sounds here, the Marima and Violin are obviously highlights, give it a dreamy, surreal quality for some reason.

Powerful, emotional, perfect. Just look into his eyes.

Gazza's been booked and will miss the final :weep:

I have always enjoyed Selected Ambient Works Volume 1, I have never got into Volume II. Until this week. A really great album. Also this track plays over the ending of Season 3 of the Sopranos, so bonus points there.

I can't tell if you actually do or are winding me up :p But either way, yes they're amazing! This song especially, though! Some of their others are a bit too far, especially some of the completely crazy garments they decide to wear! But I guess that's part of their appeal.

Of course it's the appeal -- they're Korean Pop Stars so you better damn expect OTT everything before you even open the door to this world. 하루하루 is especially great -- the 1-take video, the slick dance, the innovative composition (especially that rap 'back-and-forth' part!).

You may have already but you should definitely check out:

1. Tonight

2. Heaven

3. Cafe

4. Love Song

5. 붉은 노을

6. The entire (Still) Alive album -- such hits !!!

That's an interesting ending...

Thank you Bioshock Infinite. I quite like all I hear from Nico Vega so far. I could flood this post with too many videos.