NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

I absolutely adore this song, it's fantastic. I really like the rest of her EP aswell.

I absolutely adore this song, it's fantastic. I really like the rest of her EP aswell.

very good :)

So good! The Johnny Cash nod stood out straight away and at first I didn't think it sat well but I think it does after repeated listening. That and the song itself is just great.

@MadDog - Actually sat down and listened to the full album earlier today. In all honesty, I wasn't expecting much from it just based off of the two singles so far and some of what they'd been saying about it but it's not half bad. I still think the first two albums trump it and that it's a little long in the teeth with some patchy tracks/moments throughout (like the interludes; nice touch to segment the album but the themes largley remain the same throughout so they feel a bit unnecessary).

Part II and Last Hope are the stand out tracks on the album, at least to me. I'd have included Future in there if they'd handled that a bit better (it's good but when they fade it back in they should have moved it back towards how the track started).

But yeah, it's not too bad.

You clearly have no taste... ;)

The original song is okay, but the remix is it dressed up in generic female pop ::shrug:

The original song is okay, but the remix is it dressed up in generic female pop ::shrug:

Well you're correct in saying that the original song is 'okay', but I would never call that a generic female pop sound. They've only laid vocals.

I think it transforms it from a song that in original form wouldn't be out of place in Eurovision to a pretty slick pop song.

This lady is interesting. Apparently she is behind the drums for Girls Aloud's hit 'The Promise'. Like this song of hers a lot.

Always loved Avril Lavigne. Went through school and college listening to all of her stuff and am a pretty big fan. Her lead singles for new albums are always pretty chanty - this one is one of her stronger leads IMO.

I've posted before about my fierce fierce love for Diana Vickers. She now has a new record deal and is gearing up for a new single / album release. Only thing we have so far is a minute and a half clip of lead single 'Cinderella'.

I have broke the repeat function. I fucking love it and I love her.

I really liked Diana Vickers' first album. Looking forward to her new stuff. :)

I adore this.

This is just so stunning. One of my favourites from the new album.

Started listening to The Knife - Shaking the Habitual.

The_knife_shaking_the_habitual_artwork_2013.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1360517076589

and I'm currently addicted to Track 3: Full of Fire if you have a spare 9-10 minutes, give it a listen. It's excellent. :grin:

Jimmy Eat World put out the first track from their new album, Damages out June 10th I believe, so been giving that a listen.

Definitely feels like it's drawing on Chase The Light and Invented which isn't a bad thing as I did like both albums but neither have had the staying power or hit as hard as their earlier work. Still, I'll cautiously optimistic and keeping my fingers crossed that the new album will be decent.

The National have also been dropping a couple of tracks from their new album as well, Trouble Will Find Me out May 20th, and I'm loving this track in particular.

Paramores new album is fuckin brilliant.

This song is prolly my favourite on the album.

I also absolutely love the interludes - particularly 'Moving On' as posted by MadDog above.

It was a slow burner this album - not as instant as Brand New Eyes but I am loving it all now.

Posting the 'Still Into You' vid below too - just coz Hayley looks great in it. I'd totally turn straight for her. :love: Failing that I'll take Taylor. :p

The National have also been dropping a couple of tracks from their new album as well, Trouble Will Find Me out May 20th, and I'm loving this track in particular.

Came in here with in the intention of posting this song... had it on repeat all day, really fantastic. Really hyped for the album! Graceless is also a great one, from the session on 6music a couple weeks ago.

Jimmy Eat World put out the first track from their new album, Damages out June 10th I believe, so been giving that a listen.

Definitely feels like it's drawing on Chase The Light and Invented which isn't a bad thing as I did like both albums but neither have had the staying power or hit as hard as their earlier work. Still, I'll cautiously optimistic and keeping my fingers crossed that the new album will be decent.

Listened to the new song a few times over the weekend, it's really quite good :) The versus do have a bit of Chase This Light feel to them, but only a little. What I love is that the chorus sounds really raw. If they can pull more of that off in the album, I'll be very happy. I really liked Invented.. and thought Chase This Light was their worst album by far...

Unfortunately there's just never going to be another clarity :( JEW are one of my favourite bands by a long way, good to see another fan here ;)

No Surface All Feeling by Manic Street Preachers.

I have such awesome memories of this song. I remember renting this album from our local library (they had an awesome system back then) and remember being so impressed that I went out and bought it soon afterwards. This one track ties in so nicely with the beginning of the album (it's the last track), you could listen to it on a loop.

The song itself is beautiful. Dat guitar, dat intro. So many amazing songs on that one album. Australia, Everything Must Go, A Design for Life, Kevin Carter, Elvis Impersonator, and the rest. I remember buying Gold Against The Soul not too long after this and thinking "holy shit, there's more of this good stuff?" Then, This Is My Truth (tell me yours), then Generation Terrorists until I came to the Holy Bible. Fantastic stuff.

Lifeblood was one of my favourite albums when I was in 6th form. My best memory throughout all of high school is where me and some good mates decided to go and see the Manics in Cardiff. Two of us bunked off work to go and do it, and even to today it is one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Probably the best. In terms of atmosphere, songs, stage presence, everything.

Favourite song off that album.

:'(