NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Danny Brown is one of the freakiest, most entertaining, amusing, bizarre and inventive rappers around.

"No, literally, shit all on your mixtape, wipe with the credits, leave stains on the jewel case."

"Still fuckin' with them freak hoes, Stank pussy smellin' like cool ranch Doritos"

Ine has been listening to Of Monsters and Men and I've been over-hearing one track which I LOVE.

Iceland, you've done it again.

Also, this has been in my head all week.

Got a few new favourites thanks to some playlists others have made me.

(Beach House are great)

Love these tracks.

(apart from Ganepark32) Buggers! Listen to the music! :P Or post more stuff you're listening to! I need more new music.

Been listening to Frank Ocean loads recently, he's awesome, and he sounds incredible in that video.

If I took away the live performance of maddog's stuff and O_W's editing madness, I'd still say the 2nd video O_W posted wins out.

Frank Ocean clearly has some mad skillz but rnb (no matter how slow) is still just so... fixed and narrow. The disney track annoyed me (I don't like high pitches, but then my hearing loss is high-pitched!) but the Kadinchey (whatever that is) track (I appreciate this pogo thing is mixing up movie noises?) was much more soothing, if only too short.

Frank Ocean clearly has some mad skillz but rnb (no matter how slow) is still just so... fixed and narrow.

Don't underestimate Frank Ocean. Big mistake.

Don't underestimate Frank Ocean. Big mistake.

That song is a masterpiece. 9:53 of sublime music.

I'd like to have sex with Frank Ocean.

In other news, the Channel Orange album is great. I really love the album cover too - as strange as that sounds! :laughing:

Another fan of Frank Ocean here. It took me a little while to really get into the album as a whole (although enjoyment of Pyramids was immediate) but I really think it's brilliant now. I had that kind of 'breakthrough' moment with the album while I was high...one of my most memorable listening experiences. Similar moments include jamming to Echoes by Pink Floyd, Candle by Sonic Youth and the Trans Europe Express album by Kraftwerk.

Also, @Aneres11 - I agree about the artwork! It's strangely captivating...

Got a few new favourites thanks to some playlists others have made me.

Love these tracks.

Been filling in the blanks of my Chemical Brothers collection recently, discovered this gem...

Bouncin'

Took me a little while to really get into Channel Orange, but it is fantastic.

Loving this track for the new Disney film 'Oz The Great and Powerful'.

It's just grown and grown on me. Mariah does this so much better than all this rap collab shit.

About a third of the music I listen to is Japanese and normally I dislike over produced bubble gum J-pop stuff but I'm secretly listening to 'Perfume'. :blush:

Love Paramore - can't wait for the new album. Seems this is their UK release and not 'Now', which seems to be USA only.

Good track.

And this... this is something special...

The 'original' Sugababes showing how it is done.

Siobhan Donaghy is just :heart: and Mutya and Keisha's voices together actually make me orgasm.

Perfect.

This song is incredible. Her EPs are really worth a listen.

I love her EPs. :grin: I really like the song Lost in my Bedroom. :)

"I'm lost in my head

And I'm lost in my bedroom again"

I've been waiting since like 2009 for an album. :D

Spotify put me onto a band called Pretty Girls Make Graves a couple days ago and I've been listening to their three albums on/off for a few hours. I get a kind of darker Plumtree vibe from them, which would make sense as they popped up on Plumtree's artist radio feed.

Love Paramore - can't wait for the new album. Seems this is their UK release and not 'Now', which seems to be USA only.

Good track.

oie_27205128ukVJ9A3I.gif

I've listened to it about 10 times already, i love it. :heart:

Also, her voice at 2:55 of that video...

I love her EPs. :grin: I really like the song Lost in my Bedroom. :)

"I'm lost in my head

And I'm lost in my bedroom again"

I've been waiting since like 2009 for an album. :D

I'm looking forward to hearing an album, says April 2013 for release on wikipedia. :)

Lol @MadDog you are probably the one person whose music collection I would happily have on repeat all day. :hug:

_________

I'm a sucker for a pop song - and there have been some amazing songs in the last 10 years by Girls Aloud. They've announced their split so I feel it necessary to share my favourite song of theirs (though there are many crackers).

For a manufactured group they really nailed their market.

For me they're the best british girl band ever and having been at school when they formed and being a fan since Sound of the Underground, it's pretty gutting that there will be no more new music from them. As solo artists, (Nadine aside because I fuckin love her), they just don't have that same magic.

Still, massively thankful for the great stuff they did!

I'm a sucker for a pop song - and there have been some amazing songs in the last 10 years by Girls Aloud. They've announced their split so I feel it necessary to share my favourite song of theirs (though there are many crackers).

Still, massively thankful for the great stuff they did!

Yes Girls Aloud! :grin:

I am really gutted that I didn't go to the Re-union Tour as I should have just splashed out the money, as now I'll never get to see them all

together. Apart from when they are 50 and need more cash. :p

They are some what ingrained in me from first seeing them from together to receiving Girls Aloud Dreams that Glitter biography on my 18th birthday. : peace:

Yes Girls Aloud! :grin:

I am really gutted that I didn't go to the Re-union Tour as I should have just splashed out the money, as now I'll never get to see them all

together. Apart from when they are 50 and need more cash. :p

They are some what ingrained in me from first seeing them from together to receiving Girls Aloud Dreams that Glitter biography on my 18th birthday. : peace:

I am gutted too Coolness :shakehead really wish I'd have just bought some tickets as I have always really loved them.

It's particularly annoying that the best singer from the group (Nadine) has openly admitted that she had no part in the split what so ever and wanted to carry it on. Sad thing is, that's probably it for her now, as she wasn't really anything without GA. I liked her solo stuff but it didn't reach anywhere near the heights of GA's best - even their mediocre!

Anyway, I'm just pleased that I have a huge back catalogue of great albums and singles from them. Maybe they will return in future, but it won't be the same. They'll be has beens then - the market will have totally moved on.

No girl band will ever come close to them though!

I've been listening to a lot of Kiss over the past few days, i don't know why really. Must be a fix on 80's/90's Rock i have at the moment.