NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Been listening to these pretty much all day (along with M83's Before The Dawn Heals Us with is so good!):

Liking this one atm...

Anyone else think the chorus has a bit of a Nelly Furtado sound?... you know, her voice when she's not being all nasal about her Hoops.

^ Down and dirty, reminds me of my white cider days with my buddies. Just getting trashed for the sake of being trashed.

OK. I love love love Diana Vickers. I am totally obsessed.

This song is amazing and if she doesn't release her second album soon we'll have heard all of the tracks on it and I will be most upset :weep:

This song is a snippet of what's to come from her and if this track and the others she has debuted are anything to go by - it'll be amazing. :bouncy:

Me again. Coz there's just so much good music at the min!

Bought the Noisettes new album on Monday. I am a huge fan. Their new album, 'Contact' is great. As good as their last? No. But still great - and Shingai's voice is stunning.

Rita Ora's new album is pretty generic - with like no writing credits to her. I thought she wrote a lot of her own stuff but it seems not.

Anyway, 'Roc The Life' is the star of her album. I love.

Rita Ora has dissapointed me so far.

OK I haven't listened to her album which I should before I judge but my thoughts...

Her voice on Hot Right Now was great, then she goes and releases R.I.P. as her first single which I just didn't get. Yes it went to No.1 but I didn't feel deservedly so. A huge fuss was made about that song, and it featured Tinie Tempah, and how she was signed to Jay-Z, and how she could be the British Rihanna blah blah... but I just found the song it a bit down and depressing tbh!

Then she goes and releases How We Do... I was confused!

I thought she was going to be doing her own music and have this very British/London/'Real' sound to her.

But the first time I heard How We Do... firstly I didn't even realise it was her and thought it was an American singing, plus it sounds completely throw-away pop... the song goes no where!

So I don't really know what to make of her at the moment.

However, she is a lovely person, so I do really like her! She was great on Sunday Brunch the other week and she was on Radio 1 with Chris Moyles this morning and it was brilliant! :D

Yeah I'm pretty much the same as you Retro. I bought the album so I could try and 'get her' a bit more myself. Ha.

Like I said, I thought she had a lot of involvement in her music, but when I checked the writing credits in the album sleeve - Rita has like 1 or 2.

Funniest thing is though - virtually all of her songs have a ton of writers for them! R.I.P has 9 writers?! Including Drake. 9?! WTF is that?

Anyway, her album is total throw away pop. It's not what I expected really. R.I.P was edgy and as that was her first official 'solo' release, I thought it'd be more like that. Roc The Life is, hence my love for it ha, but the rest is just filler.

It's surprising, but hey - that's modern day pop for you. Still worth a listen though!

Yeah most reviews are the same, the singles are decent for what they are but the album is blah. She seems appealing though (first I saw of her was on X Factor). Listened to about half the album but gave up. Not interested.

--

Chills remembering how epic this opening was when I saw her. I was completely unspoiled before I saw the tour. The chanting... "Oh my god-" "Oh my god-"

The choreography, Material Girl, the ascent, the freaking choreography....

That fact is, your fave could and would never. No one else. *dies* No one else does a show like this. It's theater. *gay gasp* Pop bitches need to bow at the her (crow's) feet. Enter the confessional for sins against not-being-good-enough.

When the glass smashed in Hyde Park, I was rebøürne. Baptyze me. I'm nothing. We're all sinners.

Fuck your plastic castle Gaga, here's my digital cathedral, it's fine, it can change into anything I want later in the show. k bai

I'm live editing this.

Edited by Paj!

Purity Ring - Shrines is amazing.

Actually gave this a couple of listens yesterday and really enjoyed it (with the exception of one track, Belispeak which I just didn't like). Currently my second favourite album of the year now :D

Bloc Party Kettling

Kettling is probably one of the highlights from the latest album, Four, inspired by the London riots in 2011. I'm really enjoying the album so could probably have posted almost every song from it on here :heh:

It's great to have them back :yay:

I'm the cat with the bass and drum. Going around like bom bom bom!

I can't seem to find a decent copy on YouTube:

But on Spotify/iTunes it sounds lovely. In-fact ever since he came to do a gig at work, I've been a little obsessed with his new album.