NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

As someone who often gets stuck listening to the same stuff over and over, I've been using Spotify's Artist Radio to discover stuff similar to what I like. So far that little green circle has put some great sounds into my ears.

I managed to get addicted to music from Jonathan Coulton today. He wrote the Still Alive song from Portal and his stuff has geeky, fun lyrics. Very listenable if this sorta stuff pleases you like it does me.

Bonus: I Fight Dragons have an awesome cover of The Future Soon.

As someone who often gets stuck listening to the same stuff over and over, I've been using Spotify's Artist Radio to discover stuff similar to what I like.

Best feature on Spotify. I used this fairly recently and instantly found about 4 or 5 new bands that I thought were brilliant. :)

I do not like her at all.

But this is an absolute TUNE.

Loved her last album. This is a great track. Vid is brill.

Really like Amy Macdonald. Deserves more success - this is a typical song from her but tis catchy!

Love this. Can't wait to hear more from her.

Edited by Aneres11

My KPOP obsession continues to manifest itself within all areas of my life.

What a beautiful song.

2ne1 are just continually impressing me. Their 1st album, at first, seems just OK. Like, a 6/10. But after many listens each track feels really essential & single worthy. This is the one I always come back to. If I had a movie on my life, I want this playing.

Marina and the Diamonds - Lies

Marina and the Diamonds - Starring Role

I can't describe how much I love these two. Her voice is stunning in Lies, and I love a decent mid-tempo break-up song with a hint of melancholy, which Starring Role encompasses perfectly.

Edited by Slaggis

I've been raiding my back catalouge of tunes, bringing back some great memories. Thought i'd share them here, they've been on consistant play all week.

I know people tend to use this thread for pop, but here's a few memorable tracks from games I've been playing lately.

The first is vocal, you bring your own words to the other two.

Build That Wall by Darren Korb and Ashley Barrett, from Bastion

The Streets of Whiterun by Jeremy Soule, from Skyrim

Apotheosis by Austin Wintory, from Journey

Been listening to a lot of Bush stuff lately, both old and new.

Marina and the Diamonds - Lies

Marina and the Diamonds - Starring Role

I can't describe how much I love these two. Her voice is stunning in Lies, and I love a decent mid-tempo break-up song with a hint of melancholy, which Starring Role encompasses perfectly.

YES Slaggis.

Starring Role is :love:

Got my copy today. I love.

I love.
Don't you start! :p

I need to give her new album a listen, could well be a purchase.

Everyone needs a bit of 'dancing on the ceiling'. Swell.

I've only just noticed how beautiful Marina is. :love:
I dunno how that's possible, but yes, yes she is!! :D

Found this early and it was love at first listen:

Also digging the new track from Metric:

And only a few more days until the new Silversun Pickups and Beach House albums! :yay: Going to be a great couple of weeks/months for music!

Who's gonna talk to meonthephonetillthesuncomes up?

Ignore her posture/face/prescence and the song is such a masterclass in mid-00's r'n'bprincessmusik.

Who's gonna talk to meonthephonetillthesuncomes up?

Ignore her posture/face/prescence and the song is such a masterclass in mid-00's r'n'bprincessmusik.

This is one of my favourite songs ever. Purely because it came out at one of the happiest times of my life so far! 2005, at college, all things going as good as they could have! Not to say life isn't good now ha, but 2005 was one of my fave years and this song will always remind me of that time. This and Gwen Stefani's 'Cool'. Which is just *speechless*.

And it is a masterclass you're correct sir!

All I know is it will not fucking leave my mind.

sigh

All I know is it will not fucking leave my mind.

sigh

Before it actually appeared I read the text and knew exactly what song you were talking about. :p

I've been listening to the album non-stop during the past few days.

Question: is it annoying when live videos are posted, as opposed to a video of the MP3?

This has been my study music for the last few weeks - I just leave on a loop, not too loud in the background. I listen to it whenever I need to concentrate or just relax. It's like really, really excellent elevator music.

Passion Pit are back! Nice little surprise to find this late last night/early this morning. I'll admit the chorus isn't up to much really but it's got a certain 'jumpiness'/bounce that I'm digging.