NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Yes! :grin:

Good man.

She has one of my favourite albums of last year. :D Glad to see you have discovered/are enjoying her as well. She has a great voice and addictive tunes. :)

My boyfriend is Australian and their "chart music" is just so much more tuneful and inventive and ... just good than ours, so a lot of my music is Australian.

My boyfriend is Australian and their "chart music" is just so much more tuneful and inventive and ... just good than ours, so a lot of my music is Australian.

I love that P!nk is a national treasure over there. The numbers she sells there are incredible. Albums, sold-out tours that last for years it seems...then the DVD of the same tour breaks records. WUT. They love her it seems.

Not surprised. I've been listening to Studio Brussel a lot over the last few months and listened to it when I was in Belgium. The quality of music you get is so much better than the average radio station here. Far, far better than the disgrace that is Radio One.

We produce good music in this country, but we still have a lot to learn, it seems. Our chart music is mostly terrible.

We produce a lot of great music but the radio stations just don't play it, and that's where the vast majority of people get their music still.

I'm not an anti-chart music kinda guy. It can be great! I remember a summer a few years back and literally... so many great songs in the charts. But there just seems to be a bit of a draught in quality now. A lot of American artists are just discovering dubstep and just putting it in any song whether it fits or not.

I hate somebody that I use to know with a passion. Seriously, I hate it more than any song ever made. Even more than N-fucking-Dubz.

I've some how gotten into electric six for some reason....must buy all their albums....

Found out earlier that Newton Faulkner is playing my grad ball and so this has been on all day :D

Can't wait! I mean, last year it was The Blanks and I kind of wish they were playing it this year but more than happy with a bit of Newton Faulkner as that song is brill!

I've some how gotten into electric six for some reason....must buy all their albums....

..you can't ignore their techno :wink:

The National - Boxer

The_National_-_Boxer.jpg

Been listening to this gem of an album again. :)

My favourite song being:

Mistaken For Strangers.

Yes! :grin: I was doing things with my life but this song came along and interrupted all of that and I now no longer who I am or why I was put in this earth. :3

Following my £30 and over purchase in HMV I was given a £10 voucher for free!

Soo, I wandered back in on Friday and mooched for a random album to pick up.

220px-Demi_Lovato_-_Unbroken.jpg

I heard a track called Give Your Heart A Break literally that morning before we left and really liked it. Had no idea she had an album out but seems it's a new release not expected to do great over here. Big(ish) in America I believe?

Think she's another of these Miley Cyrus / Selena Gomez chicks.

This one though, can really really belt out a tune.

There's a track on the album called 'In Real Life' and I really love it.

Tried to find it on YouTube but every version is pitched due to copyright. But here is the best version I found.

The album is ok. She has a tendency to oversing the end of every freakin song though and it gets to the point where I want to skip it!

But it's decent considering it was free. Anyone who likes Miley, Selena etc - check her out! : peace:

I love how the majority of her early stuff was really far away / quiet and unmemorable. But I'm so stunned.

I love how the majority of her early stuff was really far away / quiet and unmemorable. But I'm so stunned.

It's not showing uppppppp

Old, but still.

Are you also screaming silently in anticipation for her new album?

I still can't get over Tidal/her age when it was released/her face and views on life.

This song has been stuck in my head since Monday. Going to have to remove it from my playlists/laptop/MP3 player because twice today I came oh-so-close to singing along to it public...

Literally love this.

'I know how to speak English, Spanish and now i'm trying to learn SeanPaulish'

Ha :)

Another brilliant song from band that will probably never be as big as they ought to be outside their own country. A true shame. Fanastic lyrics - they truly are Poets.

Who's at the heart of your temple of thought?

Well dear Aneres11, your shared song is my quite nice but i love these songs "Sweetest Thing, Foolin, and Too Soon To Call It Love" sang by Dionne Bromfield.

It's that time of year again where the 80s power anthems come out to help me revise/get through days on end in the library.

Halp may keep mahself tew-gheee-heee-thaaarr.

Turns out Motion City Soundtrack have a new album coming out in June! Fantastic :bouncy: Rather liked My Dinosaur Life, even if their earlier stuff (particularly Commit This To Memory which I've been revisiting rather a lot recently as it's brilliant) was better. Still, my excitement has been tempered slightly after hearing the first track:

Not sure what to think. It's ok but doesn't hit me the same way Her Words Destroyed My Planet did (and plus that gets extra kudos for mentioning Veronica Mars :D). Hope the full album will kick it up a notch.