NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Marina leaving Radioactive off her upcoming album/not rereleasing it is ridiculous.

SUCH an obvious hit. *sigh*

Primadonna is ok.

I found her first album a bit disappointing in that I never really want to listen to it. Ever. I like all the singles from it but the rest kinda annoys.

Marina leaving Radioactive off her upcoming album/not rereleasing it is ridiculous.

SUCH an obvious hit. *sigh*

She did release Radioactive in September last year.

It reached number 25 on the charts. :)

Ok, I assumed it went unnoticed. That's kinda a shame. Did ok but then without an album to promote...

Ok, I assumed it went unnoticed. That's kinda a shame. Did ok but then without an album to promote...

I agree!

It kinda did go unnoticed I think which like you say is a bit of a shame.

Great track though. Should have been released now I think. Has more of a spring / summer feel.

The Irrepressibles - In This Shirt

Can't remember where I heard it but it's nice. And lol at the preview - it gives the wrong impression.

Came in here to discuss Marina to see it's already been talked about! I quite enjoy Homewrecker (which can be downloaded free and legally here (from her official site) and it's a shame Radioactive is only on the deluxe album though.

Came in here to discuss Marina to see it's already been talked about! I quite enjoy Homewrecker (which can be downloaded free and legally here (from her official site) and it's a shame Radioactive is only on the deluxe album though.

Yay another Marina fan! Hopefully she will have some good success with 'Electra Heart' - I'm looking forward to it!

I will be buying the deluxe edition - but I'm a sucker for more tracks! :heh:

The Irrepressibles - In This Shirt

Can't remember where I heard it but it's nice. And lol at the preview - it gives the wrong impression.

I kinda can't deal with this style of arty homoeroticism. Like, I hate looking at thin people. Especially thin people in unflattering underwear (kinda don't understand that hipster/American Apparel style of briefs). And people who look like they think they're really hot, or twinks who are actually like 25.

Basically I just hate (skinny) hipsters.

(I'm into the car washing though)

As for the actual song (as is the concern of the thread, lol), it's one of those where you have to hear multiple times before you can make up your mind, I feel.

~~

I enjoy Are You Satisfied by Marina a lot. The first line especially. So immediate.

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

I just watched the video again to the original Rubberband Girl and it was much more fun.

Yes.

~~~

I feel this song is so under-ratedly stunning. It has such an atmosphere. I particularly like when it rounds itself up, then starts again. Yes.

I liked Tori's cover from last tour of Live To Tell so I checked out the Madonna one and it was nice, it's on a playlist now and comes out when I need it.

-----

This came on shuffle today on the bus and I lolled because it sounds so much like Steve's tennis moan on American Dad.

I was in the cinema and saw this song playing in the trailer for We Bought A Zoo. I didn't know Jonsi was doing the soundtrack for eet. Want to see the film now. :p

I like Jónsi. Listening is like washing your face with ice cold water. That film looked suspect though, just saying :P

Her voice is pure perfection (in my opinion).

Absolutely love her. Lungs is probably my favourite album ever.

Happened upon this on Vidzone earlier and now addicted to the song/video/Donald Glover in general.

Such a powerful visual. You go Don GloGlo!

Edited by Ashley

I absolutely cannot get enough of this song.

I have never been a fan of Madonna. However the 'MDNA' cover art intrigued me and it leaked last week. So I listened. Lol.

And I pre-ordered. Coz it fuckin rules.

I am now a fan. And now I want to listen to all of her albums. I, for some reason have just never taken any notice of her and have never been struck by anything she has done in the last few years. But Girl Gone Wild is just great and 'MDNA' is crazy good!

Roll on monday when my Deluxe copy arrives!!

Wow @ GGW making a new Madonna fan! Good I guess, but it's really quite a *lame* M song. The vocal = :/

Still weeping/moist for MDNA though, omg it's out Monday...

But as a new Madonna fan you owe it to yourself to pick up AT LEAST The Immaculate Collection (the essential recordings 1983-1990), Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light, Music and Confessions on a Dancefloor.

Or just Celebration, the comprehensive (but missing some of her best!) GH, which is like a fiver in HMV at the moment. But she's really worth delving into the albums for.

Wow @ GGW making a new Madonna fan! Good I guess, but it's really quite a *lame* M song. The vocal = :/

Still weeping/moist for MDNA though, omg it's out Monday...

But as a new Madonna fan you owe it to yourself to pick up AT LEAST The Immaculate Collection (the essential recordings 1983-1990), Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light, Music and Confessions on a Dancefloor.

Or just Celebration, the comprehensive (but missing some of her best!) GH, which is like a fiver in HMV at the moment. But she's really worth delving into the albums for.

Yeah its strange as I know that girl gone wild is not 'brilliant' but there is just something about it? I dunno what it is. The spoken part of the song at the start - I could listen to it over an over ha.

I have had a quick listen on spotify before to her celebration album but I want to own it. I feel like I need to. Ha.

MDNA (which I had no expectations of) is everywhere for me at the moment. Car iPod iPad laptop - wherever ha. And the leaked version is missing some songs too so I can't wait to get my copy on Monday.

I was in Chester today where there is a HMV (closest one for miles to me) and I was gonna go in for a Madonna fix but I just walked past it on the way back to the car. Damn it!

It's so strange that I feel like I need to have her back catalogue now?! All because of girl gone wild ha. I think it may be because I have become much more aware of the Madonna hype for this album through various sites that are heavily promoting her (digital spy etc). So it's probably made me notice a bit more. Regardless, I'm glad coz I am now ready for it all!

Listen to this at least once a day at the moment....

Probably not everyones cup of tea but it does something to me. Seen The National live twice over the years. Emotional amazingness both times. Love them.

Yeah its strange as I know that girl gone wild is not 'brilliant' but there is just something about it? I dunno what it is. The spoken part of the song at the start - I could listen to it over an over ha.

I have had a quick listen on spotify before to her celebration album but I want to own it. I feel like I need to. Ha.

MDNA (which I had no expectations of) is everywhere for me at the moment. Car iPod iPad laptop - wherever ha. And the leaked version is missing some songs too so I can't wait to get my copy on Monday.

I was in Chester today where there is a HMV (closest one for miles to me) and I was gonna go in for a Madonna fix but I just walked past it on the way back to the car. Damn it!

It's so strange that I feel like I need to have her back catalogue now?! All because of girl gone wild ha. I think it may be because I have become much more aware of the Madonna hype for this album through various sites that are heavily promoting her (digital spy etc). So it's probably made me notice a bit more. Regardless, I'm glad coz I am now ready for it all!

I always find it a bit like "lol wut?", as in genuine confusion when people who like a lot of pop singers haven't explored Madonna. Not in a snooty way, but as though it makes perfect sense that they should have already or something! Get on iiiiiit.

And Madonna has THE spoken voice for song. I can listen to it for hours. A Madonna's-Spoken-Word-Is-Great Playlist...

Justify My Love

Erotica

Waiting

Secret Garden

Goodbye To Innocence (Unreleased but seek it out, a stunner)

Sanctuary

Future Lovers

Rescue Me

Most of those reside among my fave Madonna tracks ever.

I always find it a bit like "lol wut?", as in genuine confusion when people who like a lot of pop singers haven't explored Madonna. Not in a snooty way, but as though it makes perfect sense that they should have already or something! Get on iiiiiit.

And Madonna has THE spoken voice for song. I can listen to it for hours. A Madonna's-Spoken-Word-Is-Great Playlist...

Justify My Love

Erotica

Waiting

Secret Garden

Goodbye To Innocence (Unreleased but seek it out, a stunner)

Sanctuary

Future Lovers

Rescue Me

Most of those reside among my fave Madonna tracks ever.

Ooh thanks Paj! I'm actually really excited to listen to all of her stuff! And yeah the spoken voice is amazing. I was watching the music channels before and magic had a Madonna day and I was just sat watching for about 2 hours after getting in from tennis practice this morning!

I then realised how long it had been and decided to move myself haha.

I will look into all of those and report back to you.

Question though...

Why oh WHY is there no Madonna thread?! Seems crazy that we have them for loads of other artists but no Madonna one!

Ooh thanks Paj! I'm actually really excited to listen to all of her stuff! And yeah the spoken voice is amazing. I was watching the music channels before and magic had a Madonna day and I was just sat watching for about 2 hours after getting in from tennis practice this morning!

I then realised how long it had been and decided to move myself haha.

I will look into all of those and report back to you.

Question though...

Why oh WHY is there no Madonna thread?! Seems crazy that we have them for loads of other artists but no Madonna one!

She's almost TOO much of a topic though - it's best just to seek out the numerous Madonna forums and subforums across the web. I visit a few...there isn't enough interest on N-E I don't think. :p No room for fangasming over select performances from a certain tour etc.

I'll leave you with this in my wake. Life.

@Paj\!

That performance was stunning.

Like seriously. Vocals were so clean.

Ahhh I'm falling in love! Haha. :hug:

Yeah, like I genuinely do not give a shit about Madonna. Of course, this is the song thread, not the music thread, so I'm not going to be an egregious asshole and insist a partition between music with ideational elements and music as pure music. It's bizarre to me that when people describe her songs they talk largely about the social commentary couched in a cult of personality, rather than any merit the actual musical element might have. But then, people don't have time for music as abstraction these days, and are more concerned with how it adds to their identity package.

That was positively Kantian.