NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

(Ignore the video.)

Hole are just so great. Of course, this album is nothing compared to Live Through This, but still.

This is one of the few I listen to from their/her last one. Nothing on the earlier albums but still fun.

I bought a Hole jumper/sweater from Camden market today. :heart:

This is one of the few I listen to from their/her last one. Nothing on the earlier albums but still fun.

I bought a Hole jumper/sweater from Camden market today. :heart:

The only other songs I really like on that album are Skinny Little Bitch and Pacific Coast Highway. I would enjoy a Hole garment very much. Therefore I enjoy your post.

This song has been a constant companion lately, absolutely love it:

Also, this. Blame a friend at Uni for getting this stuck in my head for the last 2 weeks or so. So good.

I saw Hole live at Reading 1995 (sooooo ooooold). They'd/she'd only really done good stuff up until that point, so it was mint.

This song has been a constant companion lately, absolutely love it:

Also, this. Blame a friend at Uni for getting this stuck in my head for the last 2 weeks or so. So good.

You rock so, so hard for posting those. I'm a fan of Alexi and Ine is a fan of Gotye (Although I like him, too, but he'll always be her thing since she introduced me).

I remember you liked Au Revoir Simone, too. Impeccable taste. :D

and

I saw Hole live at Reading 1995 (sooooo ooooold). They'd/she'd only really done good stuff up until that point, so it was mint.

I'm jealous you got to see them then, they were definitely at their best at that time/during that album. Celebrity Skin went platinum too, but I thought it was mediocre. The latest album has a few good songs, but yeah. Live Through This : peace:

I would have been 7.

And now I'm at least 12.

I'm jealous you got to see them then, they were definitely at their best at that time/during that album. Celebrity Skin went platinum too, but I thought it was mediocre. The latest album has a few good songs, but yeah. Live Through This : peace:

Celebrity Skin is a good album for sure and I like a lot of the songs, but it's too polished. Live Through This is their perfect sound, not as oppressively rough as Pretty On The Inside, but still raw.

I saw them (or rather her and the new 'Hole') in 2010 when they toured the last album, it was a great gig - she was really on form, and it really felt like a rock concert, tonnes of crowd interaction (people coming on stage etc). She's a great frontwoman.

The first time I listened to Celebrity Skin I was like "Wow, this totally sounds like the pumpkins!"

*Looks at inlay information*

*Sees Corgan's name*

Then I understood.

Been a while since I listened to Clark, thoroughly enjoying listening to Body Riddle again. A highlight:

Speaking of Clark, track from his new album is weird, awesome, elemental:

:bouncy:

I did not know of this, much obliged.

Also really addicted to this song at the moment. That bassline...

Well, it's not strictly "out" but you may be able "acquire" it through means I'm not privy to :heh:

"A Real Hero"

God, I love electronic music in a minimalist predictive three-chord repeating style.

Well, it's not strictly "out" but you may be able "acquire" it through means I'm not privy to :heh:

Ah I'm never very good at obtaining albums early...I've more than enough music to keep me busy in the meantime :)

I woke up in the morning......... like..... in the morning.

tbh will.i.am is the worst part of this, but I'm drawn to JLo atm and the song builds and gets better as it goes along to the Mick Jagger part.

And just for the damn fun of it...

For Nicki Minaj - I'm disappointed. Too throw away. I like it, hence posting here ha but it isn't a Nicki song.

I love me some Katy Perry. Needs to give up the Teenage Dream era now, but this is ok.

We have a video for 'Elephant' - and it's just as generic as the song. I still like it though. And it's guaranteed to be huge I think - but it shouldn't be.

Went to see Diana Vickers at the Ruby Lounge. Someone recorded the performances. I cannot express my love for Diana Vickers. Words aren't enough. Amazing writer, amazing taste in music, amazing in general. This song stuck in my head all night after. Material from her second album sounds fucking amazing. CANNOT WAIT.

songs

That Will.I.Am song is absolutely AWEFUL, it's like a PARODY of Will.I.Am, who seems to be some sort of vampiric being on the face of the concept of music at the best of times.

And Pixie Lott finally reveals that she is in fact dull as dishwater and the bits floating around in her metaphysical sink that aroused attention (All About Tonight, Boys and Girls) were flukes.

Starships by Nicki is very bandwagon hopping but I enjoy it for what it is. Nothing spectacular, but I'd rather hear her do this style than Jessie J, so I'm fine. I worry for her status as an artist with longevity, she hasn't got a solid niche carved stylistically yet.

Katy Perry's neverending album campaign is verging on ridiculous, and while the original album is really fun and so solid gold, this is so blah. What is her voice doing? Off-putting.

Alexandra Burke's new one is meh. I don't get what's so special that has pop fans worked up...? It's like Cassie's new one. I was stunned at the idea of her return since she left the world such precious gifts in the form of Me & U and Long Way 2 Go but King of Hearts is minimal to the point of "...". Though I feel more to contemplate about that Elephant. It is aurally more interesting. But then you realise she can't or won't sing properly so it drags.

---- [/ REVIEW OVER]-----

The song I keep singing out loud these last two days. I've been on a film set having to arrange various types of candle/in charge of costumes and props. This always bursts forth from within.

I LIGHT THIS CANDLE!!

You rock so, so hard for posting those. I'm a fan of Alexi and Ine is a fan of Gotye (Although I like him, too, but he'll always be her thing since she introduced me).

I remember you liked Au Revoir Simone, too. Impeccable taste. :D

and

Big love for those two songs. I'm often amazed at how EITS continue to release such amazing stuff. Who needs 4 minute radio friendly songs when you can have 10 minutes of audio heaven per track.

---- [/ REVIEW OVER]-----

Unfortunately your love and promotion of new Madonna renders all you say invalid! ;) Edited by Retro_Link

The whole album (City to City) is brilliant, can't stop listening to it. Gonna get into Night Owl.