NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Death Magnetic is also a pretty solid album. Not that great, but it does contain All Nightmare Long. I appreciate the love for The Call of Ktulu, I was pleasantly surprised when they played this cracking number at Sonisphere this year.

Since everyone else it at it: Puppets > Lightening > Justice > Kill Em All > Black Album > Death Magnetic > Everything else.

Anyway, this song has been stuck on loop in my head for the past week:

Call of Ktulu being played at Sonisphere completely blew my mind considering they usually avoid playing Cliff's instrumentals. Nowhere near as surreal as Weezer covering Paranoid Android on the Saturday though. Couldn't help but grin like an idiot throughout that.

(Justice>Ride>Puppets>Kill>Black Album>meh)

And now for something completely different:

You guys were at Sonisphere? Meet up phail.

Also, agree with McMad's album heirarchy but with Puppetz swapped with Ride.

One of my favourite songs. That riff that hits in at 46 seconds. This is just so perfect. :)

Really like the melodic nature to New Order's stuff. It's something you can just listen to for hours and get lost in, yet it doesn't feel like any time has passed at all.

Been on a bit of a U2 binge lately, which I blame on Friends. Been watching season 2 from the start and just watched the episode that featured With or Without You, which is known as Ross and Rachel's song :smile:

There's so many U2 songs I adore but my two favourites are :-

Edited by Jon

Such a lovely song. By dam I love Pitchfork.

Think I might get this on vinyl :D

Firstly, I am in love with this song:

Pleased to see it's doing well in the midweek charts, always liked Will Youngs voice/songs and this is another great song, I've realy liked it since I first heard it.

Considering getting the new album as it's £3.99 for this week only on Amazon.

Gotta say I'm loving a bit of this atm...

Also liking...

Edited by Retro_Link

Ollie Murs provokes voilent reverse peristalsis. What a vile creature.

have you taken a look in the mirror recently? :laughing:

Usually I hate Ollie Murs, but I listened to it before I found out, so I can't really hate it just because of the artist.

Shame.

Pleased to see it's doing well in the midweek charts, always liked Will Youngs voice/songs and this is another great song, I've realy liked it since I first heard it.

Considering getting the new album as it's £3.99 for this week only on Amazon.

You should definately get his album. I downloaded it the other day and have been listening to it pretty much non stop since. It is a very mature sounding album and in my opinion its his best yet.

For £3.99 you certainly cant go wrong! Looking forward to the itv program thats on tomorrow night!

have you taken a look in the mirror recently? :laughing:

Usually I hate Ollie Murs, but I listened to it before I found out, so I can't really hate it just because of the artist.

Shame.

I am nauseatingly good looking, I know. I mean, I can't believe god was dicking around crafting me to perfection when there are starving kids and toilet snakes fucking shit up.

Also you should hate Murs on principle. I expect an immediate retcon of your opinions pls.

Really getting into Priestess recently. They're musically somewhere in between Baroness and The Sword, just really good stoner metal mixed with a good amount of Thin Lizzy esque harmonisations and widdles. Just good, fun metal.

Also, I have this on around the house practically all day. Stevie tells such involving stories. Innervisions is such a great album =)

I'm really enjoying Tori Amos' new song. It's kinda weird, because it's really well composed but I wouldn't call it impressive, but I just enjoy hearing it. Listened to it about 10 times over 2 days.

It just feels really like she's doing it because she likes writing music. There's no attempt to be commercial or relevant. The video is so low budget too, I love. The directness of her playing piano, in the studio in her house (?), she's there, deal with. Her hair and face are so lol too.

Just quite pleasant. And I'm interested to see how it fits into the songcycle of the album (It's a concept album, based around the deterioration of a relationship).

Because the cliche ridden shit he writes (or most likely, doesn't) is more played out than the jingles you hear when you're put on hold by your optometrist, but at the same time is infinitely less bearable.

I've been looking for this remix for probs a year. It was on some random video I cam across on youtube of like a fashion show or something, and could never find out which mix they used in the background. Ripped it off the yt vid as a last resort, only to stumble upon this last night completely by chance. FINALLY. It's so good.

I dun wanna be alown whur us muh maaaahhnn.

Because the cliche ridden shit he writes (or most likely, doesn't) is more played out than the jingles you hear when you're put on hold by your optometrist, but at the same time is infinitely less bearable.

Oh dear, I didn't reply immediately, as commanded. Naughty. :laughing:

Anyway, hating on principle is a waste of energy and certainly a waste of my time, besides:

haters_gonna_hate_elephant-14272.jpg

Now mr.grumpy pants I'm going to listen to Ollie Murs again and have some sweet satisfaction from your hate.

Woop.

There's a subsection of men that I'd sleep with solely because of the trousers they wear. Olly Murs is in this subsection. I'd be really rude to him in the morning though.

Not really sold on the singing (it would help if I knew what he was on about), but I love the music.

A bit late for the metallica album rating, but for me it goes:

Puppets > RTL > AJFA > Kill Em All > Reload > Death Magnetic > Black Album...then the other crap.

I actually like Reload, a lot. If a rock band released that everyone would've loved it, but ofc I guess a metal band releasing that type of music was pretty shit for the fans. I can listen to Puppets and RTL all day if I had to though. Oh, and St Anger was shit, apart from the title song which I fucking love.

As for a song that's stuck in my head recently, it's gonna have to be this beauty:

Man, this makes me wish I could write decent material, the poetry is just crazy.

'It's a paradox we call reality/

So keepin it real will make you a casualty of abnormal normality'

Edited by Goron_3