NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

This one has been a cert on my journey to work and home each day this week.

"]YoungPilgrim.jpg

Down Down Down

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Parachutes

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

All At Once

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Thorns

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Cemetery

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Hold On

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I Need a Friend Tonight

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Suburbs

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Sundown

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Farmer & His Gun

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

If I Lose It

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Riverbanks

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

There probably isn't a bigger fan of Charlie Simpson on N-Europe so I thought I'd post all the songs from his album Young Pilgrim which was released on Monday. It actually arrived for me last Saturday so I've been listening to it a lot over the past week and think most of it is really good :hehe:

I had a bit of a soft spot for Busted in my younger days and then Fightstar came along and gave me music that I could truly embrace unlike anything before with lyrics I could relate to.

Young Pilgrim is obviously a considerably different sound to Grand Unification, One Day Son This Will All Be Yours and Be Human and, for me, further highlights how talented and versatile Charlie Simpson is. Whatever the case, it is another album that really speaks to me :smile:

It won't be for everyone, but I wouldn't have it any other way :heh:

2004 - One of my favourite songs on GTA San Andreas.

2008 - One of my favourite songs on Guitar Hero III.

2011 - One of my favourite wrestler's new theme song.

CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK!

Edited by Roostophe

YES Roostophe! I was about to post that song after playing it on Guitar Hero III a million times. I also like...

...and...

Oh god dude, Frantic is such a piece of shit. Solid contender for worst Metallica song ever.

Just learned the bass line and can't stop listening to/playing it.

Nothing too special, but it's fun anyway.

Foo Fighters - Wheels

Making earlier morning drives to work easier since it came out.

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know

An old classic I loved when it first came out and have been listening to loads recently. Fantastic song.

And this... It's just beautiful. Absolutely incredible voice. I knew he was a good singer but this is just something else.

I forgot a couple :heh:

I should really expand my Metallica listening past Ride The Lightning. I've acquired Master Of Puppets and AJFA, which album should I start on first 'tallica fans?

I should really expand my Metallica listening past Ride The Lightning. I've acquired Master Of Puppets and AJFA, which album should I start on first 'tallica fans?

Good call with the Ktulu, one of 'tallica's best songs. The first Metallica album I got was AJFA when I was thirteen, and I remember listening to Blackening, the first track, and it scaring the shit out of me. It still sounds pretty sinister to me, but I think it's pretty much Metallica's best "thrash" song. I think the peaks on AJFA are higher than on Puppets, but the latter is much more consistent album. Listen to Orion first; one of the most delightful, enthralling pieces of spacey prog metal ever written.

@ iPaul

Master of Puppets > Ride The Lightning > And Justice For All > The Black Album > Kill em All (really not that great) > everything else.

I've not fairly tested Death Magnetic but it lacks the bite of Metallica's earlier works, whilst Hetfield's vocals seem a bit distant and mellowed out. Not in the same vain as The Black Album, more like the bile that was Load/ReLoad. People said, or at least wanted it to be their rejuvenation, their return to form, their reform, but the few seconds I experienced were forgettable.

The Black Album has its moments, a respectable piece of work.

Best songs:

MoP:

Master of Puppets

Welcome Home

Disposable Heroes

Orion - as Bard said it is absolutely mesmerising, think I posted it on le forum some time ago

RtL (just for my own reminder I guess)

Ride the Lightning

Fade to Black - possibly my favourite Metallica track, showcases everything about the band

Creeping Death - it's rad

AJFA

Blackened - it's simply violent

One

The material that follows from 'One' merges almost, it's good music but I couldn't pick a specific song, been too long since I listened to it I guess.

Black Album i.e. before/beginning of their commercial downfall

Enter Sandman

Sad but True

The Unforgiven

Nothing Else Matters - probably their most mainstream/known of song. A great 'rock ballad'.

------

Listened to this a few times recently, purely because it's fun to impersonate Bragg with friends

Edited by dwarf

I grew up on Abba, but I just realised how fucking amazing this is.

Like..I can't fault it. It's a perfect lump of solid musical pleasure. There it is. We all love the outro. I want to dance to this on a table in a large hall, during a Viking feast. Goblets of mead clattering.

I like my tunes mixed and my mixes remixed. (MOTHER FUCKER!)

Plan B - Love Goes Down (Doctor P Remix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

N*E*R*D & Daft Punk - Hypnotize You (Nero Remix)

Audio only version doesn't work for some reason.

Example - Last Ones Standing - (Dr P Remix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Benny Benassi - Cinema (Skrillex Remix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by The Lillster

Unashamed to be Pop. Nothing more. I can sing the chorus all day long.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Honestly thought it was Shania Twain when I first head it on the radio :p

RtL (just for my own reminder I guess)

Ride the Lightning

Fade to Black - possibly my favourite Metallica track, showcases everything about the band

Creeping Death - it's rad

How do you not include For Whom The Bell Tolls? :mad::mad::mad:

But yeah... I mostly agree with you...

RtL=MoP>AJFA>Black Album>Kill'em all...

Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets are perfect... And Justice for All is amazing... a slighlty flawed masterpiece and probably the most shining example of solid musicianship within Metallica's career... Black Album is 20% great, 40% good and 40% terrible (how do you like Sad but True and Enter Sandman??? I absolutely hate those tracks!!! But credit where credit is due... stuff Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters and Wherever I may roam is still amazing today!)

And Kill'em All was a solid start with some nice tracks... but that's pretty much it.

I love all the albums. I actually have them now and I think the two I listened to the most are Master of Puppets and The Black Album. As I've said before, The Black Album was the first thing to introduce me to rock so not only does it hold memories for me but The Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman and Wherever I May Roam are great tracks, especially Nothing Else Matters and The Unforgiven. I love Orion in Master of Puppets as well, as everybody said, it's a mesmerising song. My favourite songs are The Unforgiven, One, Orion, Nothing Else Matters, Whom The Bell Tolls, Enter Sandman, Wherever I May Roam, Frantic, The Call of Kthulu and Whiskey in the Jar.

Edited by Animal

How do you not include For Whom The Bell Tolls? :mad::mad::mad:

But yeah... I mostly agree with you...

RtL=MoP>AJFA>Black Album>Kill'em all...

Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets are perfect... And Justice for All is amazing... a slighlty flawed masterpiece and probably the most shining example of solid musicianship within Metallica's career... Black Album is 20% great, 40% good and 40% terrible (how do you like Sad but True and Enter Sandman??? I absolutely hate those tracks!!! But credit where credit is due... stuff Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters and Wherever I may roam is still amazing today!)

And Kill'em All was a solid start with some nice tracks... but that's pretty much it.

...I don't?

It's not classic Metallica but I like them, s'that simple, and Sandman is manic and absorbing when played live. Wherever I May Roam is indeed very good, missed that one out. As For Whom the Bell Tolls... I guess I overplayed it at a point and now the chorus sounds jarring in my head.

Also forgot to say that S&M has some fantastic takes on a range of their works, MoP especially shines.

Well out of my limited listening my favourite tracks are Ktulu, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Whiplash, Battery and Orion. Looking forward to giving the first five albums a proper listen.

I haven't listened but why is it people hate Load/Reload/St Anger? Are they just shit?

Well out of my limited listening my favourite tracks are Ktulu, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Whiplash, Battery and Orion. Looking forward to giving the first five albums a proper listen.

I haven't listened but why is it people hate Load/Reload/St Anger? Are they just shit?

St Anger is awful. :heh:

It's just abusive to the ears. It just doesn't sound musical, whereas the majority of the other albums do. Take the title track, St Anger, it just doesn't work. :/

Master of Puppets is great. The Thing That Should Not Be and Orion being too tracks that I have a secret pleasure for. Battery is brilliant. A great introduction for that album.

Been a good while since I've listened to some Metallica. I pretty much live on Spotify these days and they haven't got any Metallica on there, which is a shame.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Three songs that I haven't been able to get enough of over the last few weeks (seriously, I've lost count of how many times I've listened to these):

White Sea - Mountaineer

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Telekinesis - Please Ask For Help

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Lady Gaga - Judas (Royksopp Remix)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I need some recommendations for some new artists/songs. Like a bit of dance and electro so just wondering if anyone could look at my last fm profile and suggest anything I could like? :)