NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Not sure if there is already a thread for this, or something similar - couldn't find anything.

Well, I thought it'd be good to start a thread for people to post their current favourite songs!

I have been listening to a number of random new tracks in the car, on my laptop, on my iPod and thought i'd post for you lot to either high five my music choice (unlikely ha) or shoot me down in flames at my poor music taste!

Firstly, I am in love with this song:

On the first 3 or so listens I wasn't liking at all - something then just clicked and I cannot stop listening to it. Its a perfect come back song.

Secondly - this:

Loved it on first listen, and keeps getting better. "And it goes like this" :wink:

Thirdly:

Same with the Will Young track - really didn't like at first. Now, i'm on like 20 listens and I love it!

That's just 3 - I could go on.

So now let us know what you are listening to! Doesn't necessarily have to be new material - maybe we will inspire each other to listen to something we normally wouldn't think to. :grin:

Edited by Aneres11
Automerged Doublepost

It's mostly early 90's east coast rap constantly stuck in my head these days, to the point that when I wake up in the morning sometimes my first thoughts are often song lyrics :heh:

These songs especially:

Not sure why but loving this song at the moment! Been listening to it loads over the past week or so.

Been loving this ever since it was released a couple of months ago. Still can't stop listening to it.

For someone who essentially looks like a zombie, David Coverdale can still rock it. I hope I'm that awesome when I'm 60.

The video is ridiculous as is standard for an 80s song, but the song itself is damn near perfect. I love how the lyrics transform Sting from bitch to bitch slapper

I love her last album so much. My fave thing.

The video is less than I expected. I wanted to see her wild curly mane as she head-bung/banged at the bridgey obvious bit.

I love them both. I should really get the full album from Neutral Milk Hotel.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Cub - Am I Only

Live Acoustic Version:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The buttery biscuity base.

Love the intro to this.

And this has been the song of my year, tbh.

For the Minaj.

and I continue to love...

Edited by Retro_Link

ilmRihanna.jpg

WANT YOU TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I'M THE ONLY GIRL (ON XBOX LIVE.)

Addicted to that song 10 months too late.

Have entered into another phase of listening to my romantic/dreamy/swoon song. Blissful to listen to.

This:

Hmm. It’s frustrating, lately a song popped back into my mind again, but I can’t find any trace of it on the internet. I don’t have the full artist / title. It was played on one of shows of Gilles Peterson, which I had recorded.

The title is ‘I love you’, and it should be a remix by Alex Barck, but I don’t know who the artist is, unless it’s Alex Barck himself. Arrgh.

Cannot get this absolute gem of a track out of my head today, some of the most inventive guitarplay I have ever heard in my life, beautifully layered, exquisitely constructed, just wow.

With Charlie Simpson's solo album, Young Pilgrim, set for release next month I have found myself listening to a couple of his songs quite a bit recently.. "Don't I Hold You", in particular..

I know it's a cover but I really like this version. It isn't actually on the album, I just downloaded it from Amazon :heh:

My friend was almost complaining last night about the music I listen to because he finds it all so negative. He said he'd probably kill himself if he listened to what I do most of the time.. but it's what I like! I enjoy listening to songs I feel I can relate to in some way..

For a girl of 15 - the voice is unreal.

Sounds like she's double her age! Song is fantastic too. My favourite off her album. :D