NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Making/putting together a Link costume?

Just thought I'd make a post searching for ideas in putting together and/or making a link costume for fancy dress like. I know we've got a few people here who've done some pretty good fancy dress style stuff in the past, so I'm after ideas on things that might make it awesome. So far I have...nothing, though maybe a budget/human resource.

I know this doesn't help at all, but one thing I noticed at the London Film and Comic Com is that it's a thousand times easier for women to pull off a Link costume.

I know this doesn't help at all, but one thing I noticed at the London Film and Comic Com is that it's a thousand times easier for women to pull off a Link costume.

Yeah, he has that androgynous look, which is usually easier for women to pull off.

What ideas do you need? Accessories? Or actually making the costume?

Bit of both really. I won't be doing the making, as my skillz are teh failz, but I do have a human resource to help me/they're also gonna be link. We're doing a slight link double act.

Really, ideas for doing the accessories would be quite helpful, I haven't looked massively hard so far into making swords/shields etc, but I was also wondering if there's any really effective ways to make cheap ones, or like somewhere that'll sell something that could be used easily quite cheaply.

I have a budget as said, but I'm not sure if it'll stretch, as I have to match my other link in style sort of.

I'd say card and paint for the shield. You may want to papier-mache it if you want to thicken/strengthen it.

With the card (not cardboard) if you want it curved like a shield then you could always wet it (obviously not too much, just dab a paint brush in water and lightly brush it onto the card). This will make the card curve up, so you can then cut out the shield accordingly. Trouble is it doesn't always curve out evenly.

I'd say card and paint for the shield. You may want to papier-mache it if you want to thicken/strengthen it.

With the card (not cardboard) if you want it curved like a shield then you could always wet it (obviously not too much, just dab a paint brush in water and lightly brush it onto the card). This will make the card curve up, so you can then cut out the shield accordingly. Trouble is it doesn't always curve out evenly.

Sounds cool, thanks. Tbh I think Marcamillian will be doing most of the making/I'll try helping, I thought some good ideas might not go amiss though. I'm planning on being Dark Link(, and himself...uh...regular Link, so I wanted to try and get ideas on making the costume and bits ourselves so we look respectively identical whilst alternatively coloured. It's spose to be a secret/party suprise though so don't tell my friends :woops:

From the bottom of that thread:

Users found this thread by searching for:

sakura haruno boobs

How do you think Eevil found it?

Yo! Didn't realise this is sneaking up with just a week or two away, and I come back with one request as I've no idea where to start.

Does/has anyone ever purchased like costume contacts and where from and were they not shit? I'm thinking to get some red ones for this.

A friend bought UV ones for a night out and she seemed alright with them. Looked great with the flourescent light on them.

Was it online? Google turns up enough places, I guess I'll take a punt on one of the top ones.

Sign in to follow this