NEurope
MadDog

DIY Video Game Mafia

That seems a bit far fetched Dazz. Have you played assassins creed or heard much about it? There's a game mechanic where the health system in the historical parts (it's set in the future) is modeled by how "in synch" you are with history. If you get killed you "desynch" but are unharmed (though have to replay the level) and respawn. Considering how over powered the mafia appear to be it doesn't much surprise me that nintendohnut would have this power.

Plus if he's mafia that pretty much throws out all my conclusions so far.

Is anyone pulling up the votes? I am a bit busy today but when I have a lunch break I will page back and try to figure something out if no one else has by then.

Find it odd that @Cube hasn't visited the thread yet - he's pretty active elsewhere isn't he?

As for Dazz's questioning...

First of all it's interesting that when someone mentions you are likely to be the killer you start shifting the conversation elsewhere. I ask you and Esequiel to target someone actually suspicious tonight (me, if you really suspect me, although its a waste of time). Cube and Dannyboy will agree not to target you, I'm sure, and if one of the remaining protectors could help them out it would be beneficial. As for your questions about my alignment I will say two things - first of all I wouldn't have instantly started asking form more information and summarizing everything we know so far if I was evil when I returned, and secondly Yvonne is completely and totally right - if you play/research Assassins Creed a little you may understand what happened to me. Do you think I came back as a totally different character. If so, how would that even happen? And if I'm the same character, I clearly wouldn't turn into a mafioso (read a little about Ezio). As for the random idea of there being someone who can bring people back from the dead - first of all this is the first time it has happened, which makes the theory incredibly unlikely, and secondly every character has seemingly been accounted for, so where has this Resident Evil person appeared from?

Will post vote patterns this evening if I get a chance. Might take a while to go through the thread but it will be useful to note them down so I'll try to get it done.

I'm willing to bet danny and Cube are mafia. Someone whose name escapes me pointed out danny as mafia with absolute certainty and then die the following night. That's fact. I won't bother with "mafia might have done this, mafia might have done that" theories. Fact is someone pointed him out as mafia and then died. Cube just happened to roleblock the protector two nights in a row, the second time claiming redirecting, which danny obviously denies. I doubt he ever was redirected, it would have shown in the write up like it always have.

Vote dannyboy and I'm not changing that.

You may remember that there was absolutely no proof when I was "pointed out" as mafia, only a completely unfounded suspicion. And I'm sorry, but killing off someone who suspects a townie is - you guessed it - a classic mafia tactic. All you have on me is ... nothing, actually, except my power, which is admittedly a more common mafia power than townie power.

I know it's easy going for me because I've been inactive, but as most of you know there's a good RL reason for that, and I've tried to maintain a minimum of activity in the games I'm still in.

Saying whatever is a classic mafia tactic is a classic mafia tactic. Your inactiveness doesn't matter to, I never said that.

3 mafios left, Nintendohnut proven good, I'm obviously good, Sméagol is neutral, dyson is to selfish to be mafia and assuming both dazz and Esequiel are good we are left with you 3.

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@Yvonne

Cube have been loggin on since the day started.

A vote must happen today if we are going to have a lynch

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@Dazz

@Sméagol

@Tales

@Yvonne

to be honest I'm now starting to worry about Ese and Dazz...they're playing either like stupid town or smart mafia and I can't decide which.

Saying whatever is a classic mafia tactic is a classic mafia tactic.

Doesn't make it less true, though.

Your inactiveness doesn't matter to, I never said that.

I know, but it's the only other argument that can really be made against me.

3 mafios left, Nintendohnut proven good, I'm obviously good, Sméagol is neutral, dyson is to selfish to be mafia and assuming both dazz and Esequiel are good we are left with you 3.

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@Yvonne

Cube have been loggin on since the day started.

A vote must happen today if we are going to have a lynch

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@Dazz

@Sméagol

@Tales

@Yvonne

I see a lot of jumps to conclusions and very few good arguments in that line of deduction. How do you know all these things for certain?

Good enough in my opinion. If we have to be 100% every time the town would never win in any game.

Also I don't think you redirected Sméagol to me. The write ups indicates you redirected me to myself. I targeted Nintendohnut, which Maddog awknowledged, yet I have the same description from when I protected myself on an earlier night. It is also the third night in a row which I have been stopped from protecting.

Indeed. Because I got plenty of reasons and besides Cube, the most likely candidate. Want to eksplain the write up again?

Still wondering why Esequiel asked who I tried to target last night.

To be quite honest I would be happy to lynch Smeagol today. I think he's been staying WAY too quiet in this game, and I strongly suspect that his win condition is to survive a certain number of nights. For example his PM could have said "You are trying to make soup, but you can't get it quite right! It will take some time to get it right, and you need to survive until you do so. If you survive and make a good soup, you will win." Or something.

I just really don't see how keeping him alive is a good thing for us. That is, of course, assuming that he actually neutral and not a mafioso. Which we cannot confirm.

I also have to say that while I'm certainly not accusing anyone, that last post from Yvonne absolutely REEKED of mafia. Sorry mate :) Could you remind me of your power? I'm afraid it's so long ago that you said it that I've completely forgotten it! I know you said you invent things, but how can you protect yourself again?

I have stealth camo! It takes me out of the write up and makes me untargetable.

also optionally I can try and invent on a given night, which gives me more shit I can use.

Honestly, I am worried we are missing a trick with Ese and Dazz, I'd at least like to hear from them.

I'm gonna pull up votes now, gimme a min

Dohnut: I've been busy the last few day. Give me a moment and I'll find my target.

I think Sméagol is dead end. Not every neutral is going win alone. He seems pretty harmless to me. Cube is watching the thread. What did you do? I think every one but you have posted and no one have said they were roleblocked nor is there any indication. There is also 3 hours left before the day ends(this is why timed days aren't necessarily a good thing, activity peaks at different times)

Yes, we knew that already. If you aren't going to vote, a lynch isn't going to happen anyway, who do you want to vote? "I'm not sure/there isn't enough info" is not a valid answer. We can learn a lot from who you want to vote on. This is to everyone.

Day 1

20 - No Lynch (The Peeps, Esequiel, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Cube, The_Arbitor, Diageo, Shorty, heroicjanitor, Eenuh, Rummy, Yvonne, Jonnas, jayseven, Rummy, Tales, mr-paul, Nintendohnut, EddieColeslaw, ReZourceman)

1 - ReZourceman (Sméagol)

Day 2

Nobody was lynched.

Day 3

9 - heroicjanitor - (Cube, The Peeps, Diageo, Esequiel, Shorty, jayseven, ReZourceman, jayseven, Dyson)

1 - Dyson - (heroicjanitor)

Day 4

11 - heroicjanitor (Rummy, Cube, Esequiel, Jonnas, Eenuh, Sméagol, The Peeps, Nintendohnut, jayseven, Dazz)

1 - Dannyboy-the-Dane (EddieColeslaw)

Day 5

8 - Diageo (Nintendohnut, Eenuh, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Cube, Yvonne, Dyson, Esequiel, Shorty)

Day 6

1 - The_Arbitor (Nintendohnut)

Day 7

6 - The_Arbitor (Dyson, Yvonne, Tales, Esequiel, Nintendohnut, Cube)

Indeed. Because I got plenty of reasons and besides Cube, the most likely candidate. Want to eksplain the write up again?

Sure, if I could. Unfortunately only the GM can do that satisfactorily. Maybe Smeágol can't actually be redirected, hence why I only appear above you?

Sorry guys. I've noticed the game was active again, but I find it hard to get back into (what she said etc.).

As for the redirection, I’m sure I can be redirected as long as I use my ingrediënt gathering ability, which I didn’t use last night. The pie making ability isn’t targeted.

If people want my vote, let me know, I’m too distracted to think for myself now.

Day 1

20 - No Lynch (The Peeps, Esequiel, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Cube, The_Arbitor, Diageo, Shorty, heroicjanitor, Eenuh, Rummy, Yvonne, Jonnas, jayseven, Rummy, Tales, mr-paul, Nintendohnut, EddieColeslaw, ReZourceman)

1 - ReZourceman (Sméagol)

Day 2

Nobody was lynched.

Day 3

9 - heroicjanitor - (Cube, The Peeps, Diageo, Esequiel, Shorty, jayseven, ReZourceman, jayseven, Dyson)

1 - Dyson - (heroicjanitor)

Day 4

11 - heroicjanitor (Rummy, Cube, Esequiel, Jonnas, Eenuh, Sméagol, The Peeps, Nintendohnut, jayseven, Dazz)

1 - Dannyboy-the-Dane (EddieColeslaw)

Day 5

8 - Diageo (Nintendohnut, Eenuh, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Cube, Yvonne, Dyson, Esequiel, Shorty)

Day 6

1 - The_Arbitor (Nintendohnut)

Day 7

6 - The_Arbitor (Dyson, Yvonne, Tales, Esequiel, Nintendohnut, Cube)

If I remember correctly, Arbitor was Town, Heroic and Diageo were both Mafia, correct?

If that's the case there could be two or three mafia left. Have we killed any more mafiosos that I've forgotten? Incidentally, if that is the case, it's worth noting that Tales is the only one still alive who hasn't yet voted for a mafia member. He also did vote for The_Arbitor. Not accusing, just pointing out.

This is why I always say voting pattern never means anything. Mafia are never stupid, town is and voting pattern will only reflect that.

Write up is where the focus should be. Cube is shown to be roleblocking no one. Danny is shown to redirect no one(regardless if he is telling the truth his target was the neutral to the townie protector). Yvonne conviniently has a power that makes her not appear. In my opinion we should start picking them off one by one but the day has technically ended. Yvonne seem to be the best for a potential write up alter. I do agree with the Bonnie and Clyde about the write up proving their innocence, they are clearly seen targeting each other, so the only option for them to be the killer is to have two actions but there's no one who can give them that.