NEurope
Dyson

The Music Thread

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu always blows me away and she released a

a few weeks ago, this is still my favourite though, mainly because her voice is usually too high for me.

...And them lions are kick ass.

I know a guy who's going a PhD on Italian pop music......from the 80's. So probably even more dated than what you've seen already.

Ohhh maybe you could ask for a suggestion or two? More dated, I guess, but at least it may be from the correct era. As in, I'd be expecting 80s whereas modern Italian music has this strange late 90s / early 00s vibe but in a bad way.

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu always blows me away and she released a
a few weeks ago, this is still my favourite though, mainly because her voice is usually too high for me.

...And them lions are kick ass.

She really really terrifies me :( the video is just overflowing with Illuminati motifs and all her videos, she resembles this airless mannequin. I also get this unusual sexual vibe from her. I dunno. I'm sure if I just listened to the music it'll be terrifically uplifting but the videos are terrifying...

Been listening to these guys pretty much all day after just finding one of their new tracks by chance, and pretty much feel in love with this track as soon as I heard it.

She really really terrifies me :( the video is just overflowing with Illuminati motifs and all her videos, she resembles this airless mannequin. I also get this unusual sexual vibe from her. I dunno. I'm sure if I just listened to the music it'll be terrifically uplifting but the videos are terrifying...

This video is actually pretty normal, so maybe it will just be uplifting for you? :laughing:

And resembles an airless mannequin? You ain't seen

yet ;)

Though what looks like a silly/cheap film is actually madly depressing. Wait, this was the music thread right? And I was posting uplifting songs?

WHAT HAPPENED.

So The Postal Service have released one of the 2 previously unreleased tracks that didn't make it onto Give Up originally but will be appearing on the 10th Anniversary re-release.

It's alright, nothing special, but I think more than anything it's just made me appreciate more what a fantastic album Give Up really is and given me a desire to give it another listen, as it has been some time.

Really, really disappointed I couldn't grab tickets to any of their UK shows, even after putting up a second date in London. Would love to have gone (and probably could still go but I guess people will be charging ridiculous prices for tickets :()

Clive Davis is releasing an autobiography and in it has made some pretty awful statements about Kelly Clarkson during the Breakaway era and the less successful My December era. Within hours she's released a statement effectively belittling him and this is why I love her so much. Enormous talent and a backbone.

So I just heard Clive Davis is releasing a memoir and spreading false information about me and my music. I refuse to be bullied and I just have to clear up his memory lapses and misinformation for myself and for my fans. It feels like a violation. Growing up is awesome because you learn you don't have to cower to anyone - even Clive Davis.

First, he says I burst into "hysterical sobbing" in his office when he demanded Since You Been Gone be on my album. Not true at all. His stories and songs are mixed up. I did want more guitars added to the original demo and Clive did not. Max, Luke and I still fought for the bigger sound and we prevailed and I couldn't be more proud of the life of that song. I resent him dampening that song in any way.

But, yes, I did cry in his office once. I cried after I played him a song I had written about my life called "Because Of You." I cried because he hated it and told me verbatim that I was a "sh*tty writer who should be grateful for the gifts that he bestows upon me." He continued on about how the song didn't rhyme and how I should just shut up and sing. This was devastating coming from a man who I, as a young girl, considered a musical hero and was so honored to work with.

But I continued to fight for the song and the label relented. And it became a worldwide hit. He didn't include that in the book.

He also goes on to say My December wasn't successful because I co-penned the album and it didn't have "pop hits". Well, first let me say, I've co-penned many of my "pop hits." Secondly, My December went platinum (It sold 20,000 less than All I Ever Wanted which followed My December.) Hardly a huge failure. Never Again, the ONLY single they released in the US from that record was a Top 10 hit. I am very proud of that and I have my fans to thank. But, again, what's most interesting about his story is what he leaves out: He doesn't mention how he stood up in front of his company at a convention and belittled me and my music and completely sabotaged the entire project. It never had a chance to reach it's full potential. My December was an album I needed to make for myself for many reasons and the fact that I was so completely disregarded and disrespected was so disheartening, there really aren't words to explain….

Anyway, I love my job. I love my music. I love my fans. I love my label and all of my professional relationships… now. And I am grateful for Clive for teaching me to know the difference.

Cheers to another amazing year! And, as always, thanks for listening!

KC

Real talk? He has a point when he calls her a shitty writer.

I disagree, she has some brilliant pop songs to her name.

But irregardless, there have been numerous stories concerning him and his label (RCA) and their disregard for the opinion/vision of the artist (famously with Christina Aguilera when she disagreed with him over Back to Basic's) over the past decade or so that's it's hard to believe he's not the complete dick she makes him out to be. His label have messed around and delayed countless albums from artists who have disagreed with them, to the point where they become no longer relevant. (JoJo being a very recent example). He also states in his book that at the time Kelly should have been less concerned with her vision and more grateful over the "world renowned" producing team he bought in for her. A blatant lie considering the "world renowned" team working on Since U Been Gone and Behind These Hazel Eyes had never had a hit to his name beforehand. So clearly he's just a misogynistic prick.

I dislike the view that if you're a woman and a pop singer, you're effectively seen as some drone. Obviously some are, clearly. It's just nice to know there's certain individuals with undeniable talent proving otherwise.

Edited by Slaggis

Posted for no other reason than the #random Ellie Goulding cameo from 2:15 onwards... @MadDog

Holy crap that video is awesome. :D

Ellie...:love:

#BRITS Best British Single, Adele, Skyfall........................................... :blank:

Edited by Retro_Link

#BRITS Best British Single, Adele, Skyfall........................................... :blank:

I'm shocked...people still watch the Brit Awards? :p

I've given up on that a long time ago.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Been listening to these guys pretty much all day after just finding one of their new tracks by chance, and pretty much feel in love with this track as soon as I heard it.

Can't listen to them as the guitarist (ginger lad) was on my uni course. It's an envy thing. Good tunes though to be fair.

Tune of the moment

add5fb84e0c9240eb9091d1ea313c5c9.jpg

The new The Boy Least Likely To album was released to pledgers today and by lord it's wonderful but so tragic. I just feel like he needs a hug. Lyrics such as 'I was a dreamer, but then life got in the way' and 'even Jesus couldn't mend my broken heart' are just so aching. There's some happy stuff too, and as usual there's a toe-tapping joviality to the tunes, but I got an overwhelming sense of sadness from it.

Just got Black Sabbath gig tickets for Birmingham. Awwwwesome.

Stupidly expensive though. £55 ticket price and then an extra £10 in fees.

My friend was over yesterday, he didn't know of Erasure, not even when I played this song. WHAT!?

Little Boots' new album Nocturnes came out on Sunday. However with the bank holiday and Royal Mail I only received my copy today. It was worth the wait.

The album is excellent and I really really hope other people give it a listen. She's self publishing it and is currently only 29th on the midway UK album charts which I feel sorry for as she deserves a lot more success and attention than the album is currently getting. It also sounds like she scrapped an entire album 2 years ago (which is somewhere leaked online) which is why it's been a while since Hands came out 4 years ago. Seems like she's gone through difficult times.

Anyway, I hope some others give it a listen :)

Particular favourites are:

Crescendo

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Confusion

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broken Record

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Haven't listened yet but do like Little Boots so will definitely give this a listen. :)

Kanye-Yeezus.jpg

So Yeezus has landed.

Black Skinhead is an awesome song. Rest of the album seems pretty solid too, but loving Black Skinhead.

Little bummed at the lack of anyone talking about Hesitation Marks by NIN. First real release since Year Zero in 2007 (The Slip was free, and Ghosts I-IV instrumental). So this is kinda big.41c49051.jpg

Soundcloud-Came Back Haunted

It's different, but grew on me part way through the track.

I can't wait personally, I've loved NIN for a long time now, seen them live as part of their 'farewell tour' a few years back, Trent's music just really 'resonates' with me... I'll be buying Hesitation Marks for certain as I own all other Nine Inch Nails albums, for better or worse but even though I'll always love Pretty Hate Machine and Downward Spiral I can always find something to love about each album. :)

Oh and The Slip definitely counts as a release, they may have initially given it out for free but I bought the limited edition CD to support them - plus I wanted it, blatantly - but yes, it's good to see another NIN album on the horizon, my money is as good as spent on this already. :D