NEurope
Dyson

The Music Thread

One of the most beautiful and disturbing videos I think I might have ever seen. Nell is a Korean indie band so this song is quite harmonious -- very subtle in its style, very soothing and pretty. The guy behind the camera is trying to come to terms with the suicide of the guy in front of the camera. What's even more heart wrenching is the ambiguity of whether of not they're just friends or lovers (was the suicide because they couldn't be together?). Details, panning and focus is perfect.

I can't say that many music videos have made me wail but this one did. Had tears rolling down my face : (

I've been listening to a lot of Daughtry over the past few weeks, particulary these songs

It's quite funny really, you go to see one band and think not a lot of the warm-up group. But within moments you become interested in the work and music.

Anyway, enough about that. I also noticed David Bowie bought a new song out, what are people's views on it and him.

Personally speaking, it's alright. Once you've listened to it a few times, it does get pretty good.

One of the most beautiful and disturbing videos I think I might have ever seen. Nell is a Korean indie band so this song is quite harmonious -- very subtle in its style, very soothing and pretty. The guy behind the camera is trying to come to terms with the suicide of the guy in front of the camera. What's even more heart wrenching is the ambiguity of whether of not they're just friends or lovers (was the suicide because they couldn't be together?). Details, panning and focus is perfect.

I can't say that many music videos have made me wail but this one did. Had tears rolling down my face : (

You cried over that? It was 5 minutes long.

You cried over that? It was 5 minutes long.

Did you watch it though? It's a little silly to think that there's a timeframe on works that can make you cry. 5 minutes is plenty of time given the work is crafted beautifully enough

The electric pings and hums peal with a frequency that strikes the tuning fork in my soul.

Loving this atm by Royksopp..

Also anyone else remember Little Boots from a couple of years ago? I've still been following her and it looks like her second album is set for March. No confirmed tracklisting yet but this song was recently released by her on vinyl:

Good to hear Daft Punk is making a new album too. Them along with David Bowie means it's going to be a good Spring :)

Yay for Daft Punk album! Cannot wait! I also hope this means they will tour, I would so love to see them someday!

As for music, I have been listening to Of Monsters and Men all day at work. I love indie folk/pop and this is so nice and cheerful (well most of it is). I really like the song Love Love Love, even though that is a slower song by them.

This version is not the album version of the song, but I really like it. =)

So the first big album of 2013 that I was looking forward to, Wolf's Law by The Joy Formidable, dropped last week and I had the 'pleasure' of listening to it the week before that in full and I must say I was rather disappointed with it.

Outside of the singles they'd already put out, there was nothing that stood out to me, with no real surprise tracks that really got their hooks into me like some of the stuff off of their first album (like the Everchanging Spectrum of a Lie which I still love to this day) and it all just sounded a bit flat in comparison to what I'd hoped they'd bring together; as if they'd tried to progress their sound on to something else then tried to sidle back up to what they had done previously and ask for forgiveness for attempting to abandon it. Personally, I didn't see any need to change their sound ::shrug: A shame really. Perhaps it didn't help that it was coming off of the back of 2012 and what I would say was a stellar year for music from beginning to end.

---------------------------

Anyway, putting that disappointment aside, I'm bringing some Melody's Echo Chamber for your listening :D One of my favourite albums of last year and a total surprise. Keith Parker (of Tame Impala) did a great job in producing the album and I absolutely love this track:

Gave the new Local Natives album, Hummingbird, a listen yesterday and loved it. Had heard single Breaker late last year and really dug it but the album is really well put together I feel and just a great listen. The opener, You & I, is a particular favourite:

Sadly, the new Delphic album didn't do anything for me (and I was hopeful that that would be a good one as I really liked Acolyte). So that's 2 albums I was looking forward to this year which have disappointed.

Still, I do recommend giving that Local Natives album a listen :D

This song makes me all the happies:

Can't wait for their gig next week. There's going to be a quiz!

I think listening to hip hop whilst high is my new favourite pastime. It all just clicks so well.

Is anybody aware of some interesting / talented Italian musicians? I've sorta lost my passion for the language since studying it as my major and I need a saviour to instil my passion for the language again. I've looked but Italy's music scene is quite...dated and mono, I think...

:(

I know a guy who's going a PhD on Italian pop music......from the 80's. So probably even more dated than what you've seen already.

I know!! Song of the year, so far.

There's quite a good Chrisitan Bale one which starts of as a shitty Gaga parody.

MY BLOODY VALENTINE RELEASED A NEW ALBUM

First listen through right now.

Edited by ipaul

MY BLOODY VALENTINE RELEASED A NEW ALBUM

First listen through right now.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Fuck. Almost in tears listening to that. It's like going back in time and being a student again. Beautiful.

:love:

Yeah it was okay, but the Shia one was definitely much better.

Bale one is defs superior.