NEurope
Happenstance

Falling Skies

falling-skies-logo.jpg

The chaotic aftermath of an alien attack has left most of the world completely incapacitated. In the six months since the initial invasion, the few survivors have banded together outside major cities to begin the difficult task of fighting back. Each day is a test of survival as citizen soldiers work to protect the people in their care while also engaging in an insurgency campaign against the occupying alien force.

Anyone else watch the premiere of this new series this week?

I just got around to watching the recording and I quite enjoyed it. I always liked Noah Wyle in ER and thats carried on here. Not entirely sure about his sons in it though, they feel like they could go the way of the annoying kids in the War of the Worlds remake.

The aliens seem ok, CGI on the mechs seemed a bit iffy but as its a tv show im willing to forgive that.

I saw as well that its already been renewed for a second season.

Having been renewed its pretty promising.

I want to check it out. What day is it on?

Tuesdays at 9pm. I expect there will be a repeat of the pilot on at some point, not sure when though

I've not watched it yet but will make sure I do before the weekend is out!

I saw this and i thought it was ok. I expect that it will get better as we get to know the characters more in depth.

Yet to check it out, but it's got Noah Wyle in it, so it will clearly be excellent.

Edited by Jon

This is getting better. More characters being introduced is making it heat up a little.

The pilot episode didn't leave me very excited but the following ones really moved forward at a fast pace. I particularly like how they try to study the enemy.

I couldn't help but think of Starship Troopers though and that this would probably be the scenario if the bugs overwhelmed humanity.

Edited by Konfucius

I actually really liked the discussion about why they would create bipedal robots when they themselves arent. Its not something ive ever thought about in sci-fi shows and thats something I like with my shows, them making me think more afterwards. Thats one of the reasons I liked Lost so much.

Well next episode tonight. i am actually really looking forward to it.

Wow, episode 8 was pretty crazy. Two plot things I absolutely did not expect.

I guess this explains the harness kids enhanced strength and the bipedal robots.