NEurope
Dog-amoto

News Of The World to close

Journalism will always demand a certain level of 'underhand' acquirement of information. In most instances, it should be more pertinent to look at the hospitals/surgeries freely giving out medical records, or the banks/estate agents giving up information so easily. It is really up to them to ensure nefarious parties do not attain the sensitive information that is theirs to caretake.

Making money out of other people's lives is really just a sad reflection on the existing market which is happy to both pay for such gossip then turn their cheek and bitch about the very practice. That the NOTW final edition, after a week of melodrama and verbal shunning from all mother-hens, goes on to sell nearly double its normal print run.

The issue here is that everyone is a fan of sensationalisation, but everyone is also ashamed of their rubbernecking. People pay money for that momentary "oooh I never!" then forget about it. The subject of the nonsense/drama tends to feel the most hurt, but really tehy just feel an enlarged version of what we all feel when we trip in public. People may snigger under their breath, but they will also feel empathy and sympathy, and immediately forget the whole thing. You may go red in the face for hours to come.

So yeah. Escalation is the key, here.

Quit your jibber-jabber about sex/gender. Ashley be responsible and thrip, duh.

:P

You telling me to be responsible bitch?

*glares at Music Thread*

Yeah because bringing the big threads back hasn't been done by others already.

I'll thrip it for you.

We specifically said not that thread as that's where shit goes to fester.

We did say a lot of things since the start of the 'experiment', didn't we? You can just close the thread if you want it to be so.

To bring this back full circle,

It appears that not all publicity is good publicity Har Har Har

Also it appears that to everyone's surprise, the Sun and even the Sunday Times might have hacked a certain queeny and a certain former prime minister. What good times we live in.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/bmbifn

, @MarinaHyde (Guardian Columnist) said:

Gird your stomachs – I have further information on the Gordon Brown story.

Are you insufficiently repulsed by the Sun's mysteriously-obtained exclusive on Brown's son's cystic fibrosis? Don't worry - like everything about the hacking scandal, there are always more details to emerge to compound the horror. I've been speaking to a source close to Gordon Brown at the time of the story, who recalls that it was served up with a chaser of threat:

“Gordon insisted - despite a heavy brow-beating from Rebekah - that he was not willing to let his son's medical condition be the stuff of a Sun exclusive,” recalls this source. “So he put out a statement on PA to spike their scoop and make clear that despite his condition, Fraser was fit and healthy. The Sun were utterly furious, and Brown's communications team were told that if Gordon wanted to get into No 10, he needed to learn that was not how things were done.”

Yes, how DARE the then-chancellor refuse to accept that his child's health was not technically a commercial Murdoch property? I'd like to tell you there's a sick bag located in the rear pocket of the seat in front of you. But I'm afraid you're on your own.

Just pointing out to anyone on the forums at the moment to switch on BBC2 (or the guardian website) to watch the select committee live with James & Rupert Murdock on. It's quite shocking at the moment with Rupert denying any knowledge or a blackmail charge against one of his chief reporters who faced a 40 years imprisonment. Some staggering revelations.

This MP is cutting straight to the point. Nice to see Murdock against the ropes.

lol.

"I had been asked by mr brown many times."

"Through the back door?"

"yes."

Just discovered that women in the pink jack is Wendi Deng Murdoch. "So, Wendi Deng, what first attracted you to the billionaire Rupert Murdoch?"

Look like someone took a swipe a Rupert.

Edit: I love how his wife dived in!

Just discovered that women in the pink jack is Wendi Deng Murdoch. "So, Wendi Deng, what first attracted you to the billionaire Rupert Murdoch?"

"He paid me to be his ninja bodyguard."

Next Target : Daily Mail.

Unfortunatly, a lot of the (real) news wouldn't get reported if the DM didn't report it.

The DM's worse crime is the're very OTT, and very often inaccurate, as well as their "Wont somebody please think of the childeren" attitude.

The latter grates me the most.

I've very worried about the future of journalism; it's bad enough as it is.

Edited by Kurtle Squad

I've very worried about the future of journalism; it's bad enough as it is.

Me too. I lived with a lady who used to write for the main papers in Ireland. She said that all of the supporting editors (not sure what the official position is) have been cut to save on wages, and they're all relying on spellcheck nowadays, accounting for all of the spelling/grammatical errors on display in papers such as the Independent, etc. - standards have definitely fallen.

Soon they're going to start using "lol" and "omg" in the news.

Edited by EddieColeslaw

Soon they're going to start using "lol" and "omg" in the news.

And so they should! Whenever Ann Widdecombe or George Galloway write anything.;)