NEurope
Dog-amoto

News Of The World to close

Scummy way to get news.

[edit] news that no one gives two shits about.

Why did News of the World have to be caught and not Daily Mail?

I'm not a fan of either, but I'd rather get rid of the bigger of two evils

Why did News of the World have to be caught and not Daily Mail?

I'm not a fan of either, but I'd rather get rid of the bigger of two evils

As shit as the Daily Mail is, Murdoch is the biggest evil.

Good news, I guess - it *should* teacher everyone a lesson.

I'll be back as something though. Maybe the Sun will last all seven days of the week. Or pick a more logical title like many of the other papers.

Shame about the modest number of innocent little people who will probably lose their jobs, all while the insanely creepy weirdo of a being that is Rebekah Brooks survives like a cockroach.

It's stupid. 168 years it's been running. As commented on the article itself - they'll just 'rebrand' it. 200 jobs gone? Biggest selling paper? Not going to disappear without consequences.

Very very interesting stuff. I can't wait to study Media Law and Ethics in September.

There's no doubt in my eyes that The Sun will become seven days a week now. And I feel the NOTW will return after this has all been sorted. It's too big for News International to do without, the nation's biggest selling Sunday paper. The types that read it would still buy it, it's advertisers, the media and the law it's got trouble with.

Very very interesting stuff. I can't wait to study Media Law and Ethics in September.

There's no doubt in my eyes that The Sun will become seven days a week now. And I feel the NOTW will return after this has all been sorted. It's too big for News International to do without, the nation's biggest selling Sunday paper. The types that read it would still buy it, it's advertisers, the media and the law it's got trouble with.

If the Sun goes seven days a week, which it's going to do, there's no point bringing back the title News of The World. They're going to be the exact same thing but one is a title that people will associate with bad events. Which they can easily avoid.

200 people who had nothing to do with this just lost their jobs and Brookes, architect of the entire scheme, continues as an NI exec.

They say 'cream always rises', well I say 'shit floats'

Still going to take a long long time for The Sun on Sunday to get the circulation numbers that the News of the World used to get, because many people may no longer want to purchase any papers associated with News International.

Brooks is still there to take all the flak for Rupert and James Murdoch. She'll be gone before too long.

Still going to take a long long time for The Sun on Sunday to get the circulation numbers that the News of the World used to get, because many people may no longer want to purchase any papers associated with News International.

I very much doubt The Sun will take much damage.

I guess the Irish edition is going, too. Not that I even read it/tabloids, it's just interesting as I work in a newsagents.

I'm sure they could get away with not ending it. Since when is the general public moralistic enough to stop buying a paper (especially a scummy one), just because some phones got hacked?

I'm sure most of the readership don't actually give a shit. And if they do, it's only cos it's been made into an issue by the rest of the media.

I suppose it's quite impressive then, in theory, that they've taken it upon themselves to end it (but not really cos, like already predicted, it'll be back in some guise or other). I guess they couldn't handle the pressure.

The entire readership could continue to buy it and it wouldn't matter, advertisers were pulling out because of pressure from customers. No advertisers = no paper. It would have become financially unviable. Some retailers were also talking about dropping it from their shelves due to public outcry. If a national supermarket publicly dropped the paper then it would only be a matter of time before others followed and it died.

Only the Sun, Mirror, Star, Guardian and i to go!!

Too bad they don't phone-hack (allegedly).

Edited by Kurtle Squad

What's wrong with i?

Or, indeed, The Guardian or The Star? The latter is unreadable shite, but inoffensive enough.

And why leave The Times or The Telegraph off?

Or, indeed, The Guardian or The Star? The latter is unreadable shite, but inoffensive enough.

And why leave The Times or The Telegraph off?

Oooh yes, let's get rid of the Telegraph, the time I spend having to put the supplements in on the weekend and they barely sell... They need eradicating.