NEurope
Supergrunch

Campaign for people to use the chat room again

Awesome :D

Had a good natter last night with all! I will aim to be in there most of the time from now.

That was fun :) I'll be in there more often definitely. Rez do you know you are being used as a weapon?!

GET OVER HERE N-EUROPE

(This is why people should idle :()

The campaign in losing steam, losing steam fast!

Yeah, because everyone's on Steam, playing TF2 and other great stuff! ;)

Look bitches, using it for a few days and then sinking back into your old habits is not acceptable. The chat room is for life, not just for christmas. Or some similar sentiment.

NOW GET THE FUCK ON IT!!!

(10:31:10) » Total 1 nicks (1 ops)

(10:31:10) » Join: Q ([email protected])

(10:31:10) » *.quakenet.org (-o+tnCNo) Dysonism Q

(10:31:10) » [ Q ] [#n-europe] Would you like to AFLONG AFLONGKONG, Dave?

(10:31:10) » Channel created: 17:01:51 - 05/07/2011 (1w 2d 17h 29m ago)

(10:55:05) » Join: Bears ([email protected])

(11:04:51) » Join: jayseven ([email protected])

(11:04:51) » Q (+o) jayseven

(11:06:28) Dysonism: suuuuuup

(11:12:05) » Quit: @jayseven ([email protected]) (Quit: Remind me to work on a script!)

(11:19:21) » Quit: Bears ([email protected]) (Quit: Page closed)

(14:19:08) » Join: Cube|Work ([email protected])

(14:19:27) Cube|Work: Henry!

(14:37:29) » Quit: Cube|Work ([email protected]) (Ping timeout)

(14:44:07) » Join: Bears_ ([email protected])

(14:49:11) » Quit: Bears_ ([email protected]) (Quit: Page closed)

(15:21:13) » Join: Moogle_ ([email protected])

(15:58:33) » Quit: Moogle_ ([email protected]) (Quit: Page closed)

(16:22:03) » Join: Diageo ([email protected])

(16:22:17) » Quit: Diageo ([email protected]) (Quit: Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm)

I am not impressed.

Edited by Dyson

Why does my thingy say depression is anger without enthusiasm?

Ah! I wasn't really here. My computer auto-signs onto mIRC when it reboots - windows updates rebooted it. Then it hibernates after 30 minutes or something.

christ you join at peoples request and there's NOBODY HERE. >:(

i am NOT IMPRESSED. How DARE you do this TO me.

rargh.

EDIT: (it's added to my autojoin list, i'll be around when i have a computer on)

Edited by Twozzok

Today I am ashamed to admit I only just realised that #cube-europe is still there.

Not only is it still there, but a few old regulars have even kept it alive. It has never closed, never lost its Q bot, since it was first opened on 13/03/2000.

You guys might not care about that, but that's a figure that blows me away. That's nearly half my life ago, and it brings back a lot of memories!

So from now on, the official chat room for N-Europe is back to the one it started with: #cube-europe on Quakenet.

I think we should go back. That's not really "our" room anymore. I also felt like an outsider in there, and I've been here since C-E days (admittedly not the start but for nearly two years of C-E). A lot of people joined after me and I imagine they would be put off of going in there now.

That's just my 2 cents anyway.

You're jumping to conclusions guys, the people in #cube-europe are not reclusive monsters! They are happy to breathe life back into that room. You think they hung onto it for all these years so it could sit there a stale and dead testament to ye olden days?

(21:57:07) (shorteh) Allyn, does it bother you that some n-e folks are here in #cube-europe?

(21:57:12) (Allyn) not at all

(21:57:45) (Allyn) the opposite, if anything; this place got so dead i may as well have left were it not that i'd probably lose touch with RoadKi|| and Twozzok otherwise

(21:57:49) (Allyn) to add activity is (Y)

Allyn has been in that room for as long as I've been on these boards, btw.

You're jumping to conclusions guys, the people in #cube-europe are not reclusive monsters! They are happy to breathe life back into that room. You think they hung onto it for all these years so it could sit there a stale and dead testament to ye olden days?

I didn't mean it like that. It's just that they're already established in that chat room, and it's not our chat room. It would be as if we all went in to any other irc room. Sure all the N-E people would be there, but it wouldn't make it an N-E room.

I'm not trying to have a go at the other guys btw, they were really friendly last night.

I didn't mean it like that. It's just that they're already established in that chat room, and it's not our chat room. It would be as if we all went in to any other irc room. Sure all the N-E people would be there, but it wouldn't make it an N-E room.

But it is our chat room, just an old one.

Well that's the thing - the guy who has the remaining ops in that channel was never (really) a member of our boards! As far as IRC politics goes, we are effectively invading the channel and seeking to take it over. Just have to wait and see what the guy says if/when we talk to him.