NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bob said:

I've been intending to watch this after watching the original last year.

Where did you watch it? Is it on one of the streaming services?

I watched it on blu-ray this time, I've started to slowly immortalise some of my favourite series by putting them on my shelves :p

From what I can see it looks like it's still up on Funimation, but isn't on Crunchyroll yet? Which is odd considering the acquisition and so many dubs coming over to Crunchyroll since then, but I'm still waiting for shows like Yu Yu Hakusho to migrate over too ::shrug:

Actually, this is a good chance to share something I've found really cool and helpful over the years: I recommend because.moe/uk, which is an anime search engine specifically designed for finding where certain shows you're looking for are available (I've linked the UK site specifically, but they also have versions for the US, Canada, and Australia). It's best to click on the streaming service logos it shows just to double check they're still there (as oftentimes they'll keep the show's page despite the show leaving the service, such as for FMA:B having a Crunchyroll logo next to it, which messes the results up a little bit at times), but it's otherwise one of the more useful anime-watching tools I'd recommend :peace:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Probably time for me to start another Brotherhood rewatch soon. Such a great show.

On 12/08/2022 at 3:18 PM, bob said:

I've been intending to watch this after watching the original last year.

Where did you watch it? Is it on one of the streaming services?

It was on Netflix when I watched it a few years back.

I signed up for the Funimation free trial so that I could watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Didn't work. Kept getting an error when I tried to play the first episode.

So I cancelled it and pirated the series instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone read the Chainsaw Man manga? Just been looking for recommendations and it's been coming up a lot.

On 25/08/2022 at 7:56 PM, Happenstance said:

Anyone read the Chainsaw Man manga? Just been looking for recommendations and it's been coming up a lot.

I read the first part, and yeah it good. I found a lot of the characters looked the same so things got confusing at times.

I liked it but I won’t be reading the second part or watching the anime. Felt like part 1 was enough for me. I recommend checking it out.

Also as a general recommendation, Dandadan is really good.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2022 at 8:56 PM, Happenstance said:

Yup. I can pretty much just echo what Ike said. It's good, but gets confusing. Same with Jujutsu Kaisen, in my opinion. The drawings can be a bit of a mess at times.

Been reading Kaiju No. 8 and it's great fun. Good fights, very funny. I'd recommend.

And if anyone is up for incredible fights: Check out Record of Ragnarok.

Edited by drahkon

Watched the first few episodes of FMA:Brotherhood, and it's weird how much they've compressed some of the original series. Plot that i'm pretty sure took several episodes has been squeezed into one, or even just a quick scene. It does make me wonder what they're making space for though!

• Like 1

In a shocking turn of events that no-one could have predicted, RADWIMPS will be in charge of the soundtrack for Makoto Shinkai's next film, Suzuke no Tojimari

In other news, water is wet :p