NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Really in the mood to buy some anime on blu ray but cant really decide what. I've been sitting here for like an hour being tempted to order all of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood but having only just watched it last year I think I'd probably get bored early and just stop. Still annoyed that they didnt release all of the original Fullmetal Alchemist on Blu Ray over here. I probably would have bought that.

Really in the mood to buy some anime on blu ray but cant really decide what. I've been sitting here for like an hour being tempted to order all of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood but having only just watched it last year I think I'd probably get bored early and just stop. Still annoyed that they didnt release all of the original Fullmetal Alchemist on Blu Ray over here. I probably would have bought that.

What anime blu rays you interested in?

What anime blu rays you interested in?

Im not sure really, thats my problem at the moment. Im just browsing through Amazon's list at the moment to see if anything jumps out at me. Im in the mood more for a series than movie though.

Im not sure really, thats my problem at the moment. Im just browsing through Amazon's list at the moment to see if anything jumps out at me. Im in the mood more for a series than movie though.

Well, what genres do you fancy and what do you have of said genres so far?

Yeah me too. I kind of drift in and out of anime so it'd be nice to have something new to pull me back in.

Bleach has been shit for so long. You can't just introduce like fifteen new good guys and fifteen new bad guys every ten chapters, square them off against each other and then expect us to give a crap when people die. Also how many times is he going to repeat the following cycle?

> Someone uses a power, says its all powerful, goes on about how it works

> Blows their opponent away

> You're meant to think they're dead (but you don't, because you've seen this a hundred times already)

> Turns out the other guy's ok because plot-no-jutsu power makes them invulnerable to said attack

> Counter attack insta kill

Yeaaaaah buuuut the end of the new issue.......

HES BACK..YES. The king of swag.

Big Anime Update on Netflix!

Death Note, Psycho Pass, Vampire Knight, Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Black Butler and Ghost in the Shell.

Just finished watching Attack on Titan, really enjoyed it. So many questions.

Not sure which to try next, got illusions of trying to cosplay as a member of the scout regiment.

Just finished watching Attack on Titan, really enjoyed it. So many questions.

Not sure which to try next, got illusions of trying to cosplay as a member of the scout regiment.

I recommend the manga of Attack on Titan, it's better than the anime and gets ever so more epic... without even a break!

I can finally join this place again - yay!

So I started and finished watching Sword Art Online I & II. I absolutely adored it. The ending was pretty sad but, I loved the characters and different VRMMOs they produced. Now I'm just sat here twiddling my thumbs as I want SAO III.

I was told the next one to go to should be something like Fullmetal Alchemist as it's relatively short (compared to picking up Naruto or One Piece). Any thoughts?

I can finally join this place again - yay!

So I started and finished watching Sword Art Online I & II. I absolutely adored it. The ending was pretty sad but, I loved the characters and different VRMMOs they produced. Now I'm just sat here twiddling my thumbs as I want SAO III.

I was told the next one to go to should be something like Fullmetal Alchemist as it's relatively short (compared to picking up Naruto or One Piece). Any thoughts?

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood ( make sure its brotherhood and not the other series ) is essential anime viewing IMO. It's probably my favourite anime by a mile.

If you want watch other short series I would recommend Gungrave, Code Geass and Deathnote.

@nightwolf Death Note, Psycho Pass, Monster, Attack on Titan, FMA Brotherhood and Sword of the Stranger (film) are all things I'd recommend.

Ah forgot to mention, I have watched and finished Death Note. Loved it, though the ending sucked.

I'll definitely watch Fullmetal Brotherhood, I was advised I should watched all of it to understand it though. Attack on Titan is also on my list. I need to finish Fairy Tail (on like ep 135).

Thanks guys :)

@nightwolf check out Log Horizon, I think you would enjoy it.

Fairy Tail is ongoing, you won't be finishing it any time soon!

Edited by Shorty

@nightwolf check out Log Horizon, I think you would enjoy it.

Fairy Tail is ongoing, you won't be finishing it any time soon!

This is how long it's taken me..

At the time, Fairy tail was on hiatus for a while. Whoops. :shakehead

@nightwolf check out Log Horizon, I think you would enjoy it...

Ah, I second this. I'm watching Log Horizon (2nd season) at the moment, it's alright, worth a watch.

I'm also watching World Trigger, I'm not sure what to make of it just yet but it's managed to keep me watching.

@nightwolf, the way Death Note ended wasn't anywhere near as good as the way it ended in the manga. Still the same outcome but the way in which it went down is much better.

The end of the latest One Piece chapter... cliffhanger!!!

Edited by Kav

Interesting, didn't know that about the manga, might give that a try then. :)

Just looked at Log Horizon, sounds awesome. :) Thanks everyone.

I currently have on my list:

Full metal & Brotherhood

Finish Fairy tail

Attack on Titan

Log Horizon

One Piece

Naruto

Trying to watch as many as possible without getting too crazy. I think One Piece and Naruto will have to wait due to them being so long.

Naruto should get to the end of the original canon story this year (although apparently it's going to carry on with its own stuff afterwards).

I might recommend leaving that until it's reached the manga ending, and get a good list of all the shit fillers and avoid them like the plague. That will make it much more enjoyable and a fair bit shorter.

Edited by Shorty